Michael Fassbender Decides He Would Like to be In an Assassin's Creed Movie

• 132 results
#101 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

@Paindamnation said:

@Winternet said:

Weird to have a name like Michael Fassbender associated with a videogame movie. The times, they are a changin

Fable III (Video Game)

Logan (voice)

Michael Fassbender ;O

I specifically meant in a movie based on a video game and not a voice actor role in a video game.

#102 Posted by ChosenOne (205 posts) -

No thanks.

#103 Posted by hermes (1584 posts) -

@Winternet: Its not that weird. We used to have Dennis Hopper and Ben Kingsley...

#104 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

As long as this only involves the Ezio story I will be happy, love that setting. Also whats wrong with Fassbender doing genre movies, they would seem to be way more fun to be involved with.

#105 Posted by firecracker22 (560 posts) -

Fassbender is awesome, so his involvement sounds great to me.

#106 Posted by taylormadeblue (13 posts) -

I can imagine an Assassins Creed movie being good.

Definately with an 'UhUhUhUhUhUhUh' moment!

#107 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -

Big things have small beginnings.

#108 Posted by Dimil0c0 (25 posts) -

Triple uh! for that article.

#109 Posted by Funky_Pasta_Tommy (100 posts) -

FASSBENDER!!!

#110 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The Turgid Fassboners is the name of my new DnB-Punk-Rock fusion group

#111 Posted by BoOzak (988 posts) -

@Zleunamme said:

Dwayne Johnson was mentioned for a Duke Nukem movie.

I would watch that movie!

And he was already the sergeant from Doom. So it's not like it would be a first for him. He was also supposed to be in a Spyhunter movie, based on the game he was in. (crazy I know) The guy just wants to be Vin Diesel ;p

#112 Posted by CodeFire (191 posts) -

I wasn't excited for this movie, but now that Michael Fassbender is going to be in it...

I'll keep it on my radar.

#113 Posted by Grixxel (769 posts) -

Dunno about a AC movie, but I do like Michael Fassbender.

#114 Posted by Mumrik (1087 posts) -

Prince of Persia...

Remember...

#115 Posted by Apocaloctopus (5 posts) -

@EndlessLotus: Wat?

The image with the article? That's a still from 2011's Shame.

#116 Posted by JackLumber (48 posts) -

@EndlessLotus: Wow, that's some pretty ironclad logic right there.

#117 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

@Winternet: Um.. Well The Lara Croft movies had Jon Voight, Daniel Craig, Angelina Jolie, and Gerard Butler to name a few. As mentioned before the Prince of Persia movie had Ben Kingsley, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Alfred Molina. Not really much is changing.

#118 Posted by sempiternal (38 posts) -

Of the video game films supposedly "in the works", I think Assassin's Creed probably has the best chance at actually becoming a thing.

#119 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3961 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

@Winternet: Um.. Well The Lara Croft movies had Jon Voight, Daniel Craig, Angelina Jolie, and Gerard Butler to name a few. As mentioned before the Prince of Persia movie had Ben Kingsley, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Alfred Molina. Not really much is changing.

I think Ubisoft being so heavily involved is a sign of a change. Once these things just get handed off whole sale you see the abortions like Max Payne and Prince of Persia happen.

#120 Posted by mattman734 (85 posts) -

I can't understand how anyone would not be stoked for this. Fassbender is awesome and assassin's creed is a cool premise. Also a big step forward for the future of video game movies.

#121 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

Fassbender is the man, but I'm done getting excited about video game movies. I don't know how many times I've heard that "this might be the first good one." Silent Hill had Christoper Gans behind it, a very good director, so it got some pretty good hype. Nope. Crap. It looked like Peter Jackson was going to possibly pull off a decent take on Halo for a minute there. Nope. Uwe Boll has been defiling the world of cinema and games with his profanely stupid films with impunity for years. I give up. I just hope Fassbender doesn't embarrass himself too badly.

#122 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Not before he films that Cuchulain movie.

#123 Posted by DEFE (266 posts) -

@MiniPato said:

@DEFE said:

An Assassin's Creed movie sounds like a weird idea...

Well the Bourne films are pretty much Assassin's Creed movies set in modern day. Blending in with the crowd and taking out dudes at close range and trying to escape the enemy's line of sight. So I think an Assassin's Creed movie could work. Although I wonder if they'll even bother with the Animus stuff or just stick to historical Templar/Assassin stuff.

I'm more concerned with how vertical everything in Assassin's Creed tends to be. I wonder how well leaping off of buildings to stab dudes will translate to live action. And if there's none of that, I don't even know what they're doing...

#124 Posted by ZombiePie (5730 posts) -

Front page picture is from Shame (I think)...you know a fun movie you can talk about next to the water-cooler with your co-workers. 

#125 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

I don't remember any of them co-producing those movies.

#126 Posted by MiniPato (2747 posts) -

@DEFE said:

@MiniPato said:

@DEFE said:

An Assassin's Creed movie sounds like a weird idea...

Well the Bourne films are pretty much Assassin's Creed movies set in modern day. Blending in with the crowd and taking out dudes at close range and trying to escape the enemy's line of sight. So I think an Assassin's Creed movie could work. Although I wonder if they'll even bother with the Animus stuff or just stick to historical Templar/Assassin stuff.

I'm more concerned with how vertical everything in Assassin's Creed tends to be. I wonder how well leaping off of buildings to stab dudes will translate to live action. And if there's none of that, I don't even know what they're doing...

I think jumping off buildings and stabbing dudes will translate very well into live action. Maybe not a 5 story building, but maybe a 3 story one. Have you watched the CGI trailers for the Assassin's Creed games? They're amazing and don't seem over the top at all. Stranger things have been translated into live action.

#127 Posted by smiddy (365 posts) -

My rule for an Assassins Creed movie,

1. Don't remake the games. I don't want people playing Altair, Ezio or Desmond.

2. Stick to the mythos that's already been established, you can't twist the story to suit your needs.

3. Create a story that intertwines with the existing ones. There are plenty of other assassins and they'll all be having their own adventures.

#128 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

This could be decent. Ubisoft had cool live action short films for AC2 and if they maintain creative control, the film at least be okay which is better than most game movies

#129 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

Was just watching Band of Brothers and noticed for the first time that he is in it for a few episodes.

Moriarty is too

#130 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I am very much ok with this. Not only is Fassbender an incredible actor, he's also really fucking hot. Like, he is essentially the perfect human specimen.

#131 Edited by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

This has potential, if done right. I have faith in Fassbender, but I still think that it will be incredibly hard to make an Assassin's Creed movie that all gamers and those who are new to the franchise (non-gamers) can enjoy.

#132 Posted by fisk0 (4396 posts) -

Whenever I hear something about Fassbender I think of Rainer Werner Fassbinder. Had he not been dead since 1982 it would have been an weirdly awesome idea having him produce an Assassin's Creed movie.

#133 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I read on Dark Horizons recently (last week to be precise) that he's going to play Desmond Miles, the character that Nolan North voiced in the series. So, that's the first official Information I know about his involvement in the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.