PC Performance?

#1 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -

So, I'm staring this Amazon Game Download deal regarding AC: Director's Cut for $6.74. I have $6.95 left in my Amazon account. I'm wondering if the performance of this game (frame rate issues and all) is still good since it was first released. Anyone?

#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

The framerate has always been fine for me with a Nvidia 9800gxt+ and a Q9550 Core 2 Quad. All my issues with the game stemmed from inconsistent controller support. And I'm sure that xbox controller emulator that came out since the game probably fixes it.

What videocard do you have?

#3 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Don't do it! The first game is garbage.

#4 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Ygg said:
" Don't do it! The first game is garbage. "
I actually quite liked the first game. It established the story for the second two games, and for that reason alone it's worth playing. I recommend picking it up when it's only that price. I mean, even if he doesn't like it, it's the Director's Cut of the game so it might be worth collecting.
#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Ygg said:
" Don't do it! The first game is garbage. "
That wasn't the question at hand.

And I believe that the game is now far more stable.
#6 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

The PC version is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the 360 version. A lot of the repetitive tasks and annoyances on the 360 have been adjusted. For example, the format of the game goes; get a mission, do three recon tasks, then assasinate your target. The main problem in AC on 360 is the recon tasks were limited to a variation of 5 tasks, making the game feel repetitive because you were doing the same thing over and over again. The PC version adds a greater variety and balancing of those tasks, making the game a more enjoyable experience.

When it comes to performance, my 8800gt, 2 Gb of DDR2-800, and a Core 2 Duo 6850 (3ghz) could run that game in 1080p with max detail and never dip below 30 fps.

#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I got it free with my GTS 250 and it runs fine coupled with an i5 760.

I played it for a couple hours. It's not worth playing. There's other games for that price that are still good to play.
#8 Edited by Nettacki (1317 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:

" The framerate has always been fine for me with a Nvidia 9800gxt+ and a Q9550 Core 2 Quad. All my issues with the game stemmed from inconsistent controller support. And I'm sure that xbox controller emulator that came out since the game probably fixes it.What videocard do you have? "

Nvidia Geforce GT 425m with Optimus. And 1 GB of VRAM

And here's the rest of the specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
4 GB RAM
Intel Core i5 460m @ 2.53 GHz
1920x1080 native resolution
#9 Edited by Marz (5642 posts) -

I own a copy of the steam version, it seemed to run fine when i played it.   

q6600 2.4ghz and 8800gt is what i was running at the time.

#10 Posted by Capt_Ventris (588 posts) -
@Nettacki: 

Your system will run the game with no trouble. 
Same can be said for all of the Assassins Creed games on PC. 
Enjoy!
#11 Edited by CornBREDX (4755 posts) -

I have it on steam and on the original Disk.

I have a old computer now, 7600 GS graphics card, 2gigs of ram, pentium 4 3 ghz
game runs fine- and i don't find it as repetitive as some people. If the past posts here are to be believed, its apparently a better games on PC. I don't know, but i never found this game to be boring and never understood all the talk about it being "repetitive". I found it to be a lot of fun, and a good setup for the sequels. Totally worth 6 bucks and some change.

Edit: just looked at my disk version, its the director's cut. So yes- Director's Cut is great. I apparently have never played the original version haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.