Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Astro Boy: The Video Game

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

D3 published this game version of the 2009 Astro Boy movie.

Astro Boy Coming To Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

High Voltage Software will be bring the much loved Astro Boy franchise to the Wii (+ PS2 and PSP)  D3 Publisher has announced that High Voltage is creating the home console and PSP versions, while developer Art Co are working on the DS version.

If it's anything like the GBA game, Astro Boy Omega Factor, I cannot wait!. I am a huge Osamu Tezuka fan and Astro Boy has a special place in my heart.

Astro Boy Omega Factor GBA Gamespot Review

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

nice, I like astro boy.

and you seemed to have disappearaed from the forums for the week. what happened?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Dont you think expecting it to be like Omega Factor is setting your sights a little high? I mean, its made by D3, who i haven't seen do a good non-fighting game yet. 

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zagzagovich

It's based on upcoming movie so don't get your hopes up. Movie looks nice thought.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's the developer that matters, as long as the publisher gives them enough time to actually develop the thing. On the other hand, I don't know if HVS will treat this as a project they can get down and dirty with, trying to make it special and perhaps looking to Treasure's work for inspiration, or if they'll just consider it another cash in  licence project that will fund their real in-house goals...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    ZagZagovich said:
    "It's based on upcoming movie so don't get your hopes up. Movie looks nice thought."

Yea, I know :(, that and the fact the awesome Treasure have nothing to do with it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool
    Linkyshinks said:
    "ZagZagovich said:
    "It's based on upcoming movie so don't get your hopes up. Movie looks nice thought."
    Yea, I know :(, that and the fact the awesome Treasure have nothing to do with it."
    This is what worries me as well.  I really love Astro Boy - it was a big part of shaping my love of anime and cartoons in general, as a child in the 1960s (yes, on B&W TV).  I also enjoyed the GBA game, but movie games almost always suck  :-(
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool said:
    Linkyshinks said: "ZagZagovich said: "It's based on upcoming movie so don't get your hopes up. Movie looks nice thought." Yea, ... [more]

Yeah, it could well end up that way... I think involvement in the heavy form is very much needed to avoid pissing off fans. Treasure did such a great job with that GBA game.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind

We need Treasure to develop it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

The GBA Astro Boy game kicked ass.  I just wish that Treasure would make it instead.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Bartman3010

I thought the company behind the Astro Boy movie went bankrupt. Thats imagi, right? Same guys as the Ninja Turtles CGI movie?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

Trailer

Astro Boy Wii (D3 Publisher) October 23rd 09

It looks like a total rip off of Treasure's awesome Omega Factor.  Fail. I don't like the graphics at all either.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

I wouldn't mind a rip off. Looks like a shitty rip off though. Also, what the fuck is up with the new Astro Boy design? Other than the crappy graphics of the game that is. I mean, even in the movie. What, it was not politically correct to have a half-naked robot boy rendered in 3D? What morons.

I have no hope for the movie either now. Not that I did before.

Dragonball: Revenge of King Piccolo looks like a much better licence-based game than this crap.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Systech
    @ZagZagovich said:
    " It's based on upcoming movie so don't get your hopes up. Movie looks nice thought. "
    There's a movie? Oh shit.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

Shame it's turned out pretty much as predicted. It was always going to go this way with HVS involved... 

Hopefully it'll bomb and Treasure pick up the next game. I'd be very happy with a simple platforming shmup on WiiWare. When SiN 2 gets promoted people should grill Treasure about what they may offer next.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.