Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 24, 2010

Sequel to Atelier Rorona and another installment of the Atelier franchise. In Atelier Totori, the story revolves around a girl named Totori, who plans to become an adventurer in hopes to find her mother who went missing years ago.

Out of nowhere the Vita version is available in English

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So either I missed something or there hasn't even been an announcement that Totori Plus was going to be localized. But now it's here.

It includes dual audio and all the previously released DLC along with now costumes.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Interesting. Is this worth getting?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bocam

@mtcantor said:

Interesting. Is this worth getting?

It's the best Arland game. It looks pretty on the Vita

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mtcantor

Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks. Once I finish Fire Emblem and Year Walk I will need a new portable distraction.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Torrim

I know next to nothing about this series and it keeps popping up. Just did a quick gameplay search on Youtube because the wiki has shit for information on the battle system. VIDEO.

You know, it looks like a traditional JRPG that I might be into, but those anime girls look really, really anime. D:

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xMrSunshine

It's damn crazy how this came completely out of thin air. No blog posts on either EU or US PS blogs, no announcements from TK or anyone. I'm not expecting the mainstream press to care about it but it would've made sense to give out some announcement. It's like they wanna keep this thing hidden.

I've heard quite a lot about this franchise but have never actually seen anything of it. Might still just get it to see what it's about. This might be on the edge of my cutesy anime tolerance but I guess it could be interesting to brush against that limit.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@torrim said:

You know, it looks like a traditional JRPG that I might be into, but those anime girls look really, really anime. D:

I haven't played a single Atelier game, but I'm pretty sure this summarizes all of them.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@torrim said:

I know next to nothing about this series and it keeps popping up. Just did a quick gameplay search on Youtube because the wiki has shit for information on the battle system. VIDEO.

Man, I would have been totally on board with this game if I didn't watch past 7 seconds.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@torrim said:

It's not a traditional JRPG. It's battles are turn based affairs (and pretty simple at that) but that is about all that it has in common with what I assume people call traditional JRPGs (like a FFVII or something).

If you want to know more about the battle system, then, besides the turn based approach, you have two characters who basically protect Totori from damage and deal their own as well. They don't have much to work with, a normal attack, a guard, and 1-2 special attacks based on their level and a "super special" attack they get at level 30 (I beat the game at ~35 so don't expect to see it often but Sterk's special is so god damn anime it's worth the wait) that you unleash after performing enough actions in a battle, making them only appear during boss fights.

Totori is, I guess, where most of the strategy comes. She is the only one of two characters who can use items, making her the everything. She heals, attacks, buffs, probably debuffs, etc. Though you will probably have to spend a lot of time reading up on things to find out what each item does, and where to find the ingredients to make it. When I played, I pretty much just used Totori for bombs and heals as I didn't even know about some of the other items effects.

It's worth noting that everything you do in this game spends time. It's a thing some people don't mind but I found it very frustrating. Honestly though the only time it screwed me over was going for endings, which I didn't get much of. If you want to see every ending you will have to follow a guide as the ending requirements are fairly esoteric and miss-able.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one my favorite games ever.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Where is it? Checked on amazon and only see the ps3 version. Would be a bummer f it's online only as I can connect to college Internet with my vita

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.