Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Band Hero

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Band Hero is a spinoff game of the Guitar Hero series by Activision released for the Xbox 360 Playstation 3, Wii and Nintendo DS.

Band Hero? Are You Kinding Me?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

This is unbelivable, and just about the least original name ever. Me and my friends always used to joke about this, since rock band and guitar hero world tour were so simular we just said "want a game of band hero" meaning whatever I see first is going in the disc tray. But what are they doing? 

I thought Guitar Hero tried to cash in joining the band waggon of the rock band waggon fad? I was pretty sure they learned that you had to move on from the single guitar genre, from the Rock Band sales trump the Guitar Hero 3 sales by a mile last year?. But they have Guitar Hero 5 coming out aswell? Activision are doing something simular with Call of Duity, why not name it Call of Duity 5 and 6? Instead of Call of Duity 5 and Modern Warfare 2? People are going to get MW2 any day since it's not only the sequal to one of the most popular video games to date.

As if the milking wasn't enough with other spin off's of bands and other genre's but the same genre has a spin off? Jesus................
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattysen

This is unbelivable, and just about the least original name ever. Me and my friends always used to joke about this, since rock band and guitar hero world tour were so simular we just said "want a game of band hero" meaning whatever I see first is going in the disc tray. But what are they doing? 

I thought Guitar Hero tried to cash in joining the band waggon of the rock band waggon fad? I was pretty sure they learned that you had to move on from the single guitar genre, from the Rock Band sales trump the Guitar Hero 3 sales by a mile last year?. But they have Guitar Hero 5 coming out aswell? Activision are doing something simular with Call of Duity, why not name it Call of Duity 5 and 6? Instead of Call of Duity 5 and Modern Warfare 2? People are going to get MW2 any day since it's not only the sequal to one of the most popular video games to date.

As if the milking wasn't enough with other spin off's of bands and other genre's but the same genre has a spin off? Jesus................
    Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Goly

terrible name indeed and yeah they're milking the genre like crazy. but whatever i'll still get myself the beatles rock band one of these days.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

Guitar Hero games are a waste of time. Just buy Rock Band 2 and add DLC periodically, then be done with it.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

I think it's safe to say that the proverbial utters have been dried up, and have begun bleeding. Looks like another genre is going down the drain.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Activision and EA were made for each other.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sfighter21

heheh...good stuff.  but not really.  band hero....heh.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    mattysen said:
    "
    lernt

"

LEARNED NOT LERNT
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

NO I am not kinding you.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timma1083

Yeah, Activision is milking the shit out of a game genre. What else is new? I agree, Band Hero is indeed a stupid name.

Since these are basically aimed at the same audience, I'm going to go out and say: Lego Rock Band >>>> Band Hero.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fr0br0
    carlthenimrod said:
    "Guitar Hero games are a waste of time. Just buy Rock Band 2 and add DLC periodically, then be done with it."
    What he said.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How is band hero going to be different from a band game like rock band 2 ? 

Anyway
    Im done with this shit 

Fr0Br0 said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    "Guitar Hero games are a waste of time. Just buy Rock Band 2 and add DLC periodically, then be done with it."
    What he said."
    And this is the solution.
    ArkHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArkHunter

Now if it was Marching Band Hero, I'd be in! From what I can tell it's just a kid friendly (song wise) Rockband/Guitar Hero. That could be a good thing if they put all the pop crap in this game and give us the good stuff in the other game.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mattysen

@ JeffGoldBum 

When your dyslexic, one or two words always pop out, HOWEVER.......Correction made
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Personally, I think this is less milky than all the aerosmth, metalica and van halen  versions of GH. At least this is aiming at a younger audience, where as the individual band versions are just trying to milk as much money off the same people as possible. This is aiming for a different audience.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I jumped of the wagon a long time ago, mainly due to the pricing of plastic instruments, I'd rather spend my money on the real deal. I like the RB idea of having one game and releasing DLC, but even they couldn't pull that off.

Some one should take this entire genre behind the shed, and shoot it with a shotgun.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By RHCPfan24

This game should be most craptastic. I am sticking with Rock Band 2 now and getting DLC when I want to. I suggest any music game fan to do the same.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By BigBoss1911

These music games just have to die.I mean the gerne has only been popular since 2005 and its already milked to hell.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Timma1083
    ArkHunter said:
    "Now if it was Marching Band Hero, I'd be in! From what I can tell it's just a kid friendly (song wise) Rockband/Guitar Hero. That could be a good thing if they put all the pop crap in this game and give us the good stuff in the other game."
    I'd love a Marching Band Hero, I demand a Tuba peripheral.
    AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By AvD

OK guys, the genre is popular, of course they are going to milk their franchises.  Everybody is so quick to call out Activision on this Band Hero nonsense but Harmonix's hands are dirty too, LEGO Rock Band, seriously?

That being said, I will buy the games that I want, and skip the ones I don't... it's that simple.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Who gives a crap?  Music games kind of suck now.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.