Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Building the Bastion

Stugoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stugoo

Very interesting bit of info from the official announcement press release for Bastion: 
    http://supergiantgames.com/site/?p=285  

Bastion will also be featured in a new video series chronicling the making of the game, exclusively at GiantBomb.com, the world’s largest editable video game database. In the ongoing series titled “Building the Bastion“, viewers will receive unprecedented insight into the trials and tribulations of independent game development through the story of Supergiant Games. “People all over the world invest countless hours into playing video games, but so few of us ever get to truly find out how they’re made,” said Giant Bomb Editor-in-Chief Jeff Gerstmann. “With Building the Bastion, we’re going let our community ride shotgun with a mix of behind-the-scenes footage and regular live broadcasts that let you interact directly with the developers as they take Bastion from early prototypes to a full and final product.” 

This sounds very cool, not only in general concept, but because the game itself seems to have plenty of unique characteristics, both from an art design and game design perspective. Bring it on! 
    The part about 'regular live broadcasts' is especially intriguing - the kind of thing that is probably only possible for an indy developer that doesn't have 'the man' constantly looking over their shoulder. 

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buzz_killington

Yeah, and I think the series will be really insightful for those who are interested in independent game development, specifically.

Duckchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Duckchow

It's a really neat idea. GameSpot did something similar a long time ago, but I don't think the game ever came out and the show just kinda ended if I remember.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

Hey  I  was  just  watching  SentUAMessage  on  the  Xbox  and  when  Bastion  came  up  they  totally  said  to  check  out  the  excellent  Building  the  Bastion  series  on  GiantBomb.com!  I  was  like  omg!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany
    @I_smell said:
    " I juhI jWaHey  I  was  just  watching  SentUAMessage  on  the  Xbox  and  when  Bastion  came  up  they  totally  said  to  check  out  the  excellent  Building  the  Bastion  series  on  Granting..com!,  I  was  like  org!  Soray  if  this  post  looks  all  ruined,  Im  on  a  bad  phone  . "
    haha
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    @I_smell said:
    " I juhI jWaHey  I  was  just  watching  SentUAMessage  on  the  Xbox  and  when  Bastion  came  up  they  totally  said  to  check  out  the  excellent  Building  the  Bastion  series  on  Granting..com!,  I  was  like  org!  Soray  if  this  post  looks  all  ruined,  Im  on  a  bad  phone  .  Ill  fix  it  tomorrow.c "
    I like how SentUAMessage remains intact while the rest of your post is a mangled mess.
    wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By wilsouk

Really enjoyed this series - missing part 1 though, anyone know were I can get it?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mnzy
    @wilsouk said:

Really enjoyed this series - missing part 1 though, anyone know were I can get it?

It was no separate video, it's in here:

wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By wilsouk

Ah, good work, thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.