Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

The Last Line of the Game.. SPOILERS

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By sjschmidt93

I'm guessing only the people with subtitles caught it, I don't know why I like to turn them on but I do, right before Batman blasts away in his spaceship or whatever... it's on the radio in the cop car.  

Anyone else hear it?   

MAJOR SPOILERS 

It bascially confirms AA 2, or atleast leaves it open. I can't remember it exactly but it has to do with Harvey Dent and Two-Face.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Oh how I would love to see a sequel  
    And while I have faith that rocksteady would make another great game, I'd like to see them base it on Arkham Asylum : A serious house on serious earth

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kennybaese

Since this thread is already marked as spoiler filled, I'm not gonna say anything about spoilers there being spoilers here. 

Or did I just do that?

Anyway, there's also the metal case marked TITAN floating in the water and you see Croc's arm shoot up out of the water and grab it. If nothing else, they need to make another game so that we can get an actual Croc fight. Or release it as DLC or something.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bonbolapti

Spoilers or not, Batman's work is never done.  

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Slurpelve

so they thinking of making a Arkham Asylum,sweet!
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jkz
    @walkingcarpet said:
    " Since this thread is already marked as spoiler filled, I'm not gonna say anything about spoilers there being spoilers here.   Or did I just do that?  Anyway, there's also the metal case marked TITAN floating in the water and you see Croc's arm shoot up out of the water and grab it. If nothing else, they need to make another game so that we can get an actual Croc fight. Or release it as DLC or something. "
    The game has multiple endings, although I don't think we're sure of what triggers them yet. As I remember, it can be Croc's Arm, Scarecrow's Arm, or Bane's Arm (and there might be a 4th) that reaches up, so that's not really the part that hints at a next game I don't think. 

As for the op, yes, I noticed that as well.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

It says that Dent is robbing a bank.

hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hughesie27

Yh, for me it was Scarecrows arm!

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

That kind of confused me. I've never read the comics, but in The Dark Knight 

**SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE*** 

didn't Two-Face die in the end? Or does the movie not follow the comic story line?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " That kind of confused me. I've never read the comics, but in The Dark Knight 

didn't Two-Face die in the end? Or does the movie not follow the comic story line?
    "
    The movie does not follow the comics. Hell the comics don't follow the comics. There are so many variations and retcons.
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kennybaese
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @walkingcarpet said:
    " Since this thread is already marked as spoiler filled, I'm not gonna say anything about spoilers there being spoilers here.   Or did I just do that?  Anyway, there's also the metal case marked TITAN floating in the water and you see Croc's arm shoot up out of the water and grab it. If nothing else, they need to make another game so that we can get an actual Croc fight. Or release it as DLC or something. "
    The game has multiple endings, although I don't think we're sure of what triggers them yet. As I remember, it can be Croc's Arm, Scarecrow's Arm, or Bane's Arm (and there might be a 4th) that reaches up, so that's not really the part that hints at a next game I don't think.  As for the op, yes, I noticed that as well. "
    Really? Hmm... Someone on the interwebs needs to figure out what triggers that stuff... I'm on my second playthrough now. Maybe I'll be someone else when I get to the end.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Metroid545
    @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " That kind of confused me. I've never read the comics, but in The Dark Knight 

"
    the movies completly ignore the comics
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

Yeah, it says that Two-face/Dent is robbing a bank. Batman is not having a good day, gets put in Arkham Asylum with pretty much every major villain trying to kill him, then after he sorts that out he has to go deal with another major villain.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @hughesie27 said:
    " Yh, for me it was Scarecrows arm! "
    I got Banes arm personally.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By suneku

I think the Two-Face part is just to portray that Batman doesn't rest during the night, and that night has only just begun. But of course with the success of the first game, there's gotta be a second one coming.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I got Banes arm. Interesting to hear that you can get different peoples arms :P I wonder what triggers it or perhaps it's random... 

Anyway, i'm certain Scarecrow, Bane and Croc will return for the sequel. New enemies will of course be Two face.  

I also have a feeling catwoman may be in it :P  

Will The Riddler return as an actual enemy this time? Perhaps. He may be the major villian in the 3rd Batman game though.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
    @Sanj said:
    " I got Banes arm. Interesting to hear that you can get different peoples arms :P I wonder what triggers it or perhaps it's random...   Anyway, i'm certain Scarecrow, Bane and Croc will return for the sequel. New enemies will of course be Two face.   I also have a feeling catwoman may be in it :P   Will The Riddler return as an actual enemy as well? Perhaps. "
    I doubt Riddler would be an enemy, I mean, what would he do? He isn't a combat type guy, I would like to actually see him. But all the Riddler does is pretty much make riddles and traps. A boss fight with Riddler wouldn't make any sense.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Scooper

They most likely put it in there because if the game's very well recieved (like it is now) it leaves them open for a sequal and if the game's not popular enough to warrent a sequal its end leaves the player feeling they want to know what happens next which is always a good way to end a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.