Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Best Boss Battle (Spoilers)

• 60 results
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Dreamfall31

@laserbolts said:

@FoxMulder

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@laserbolts said:

@ahaisthisourchance

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Ra's Al-Ghul was a greast boss battle the others are kind of meh, Two Face is terrible.

The whole catwoman part of the game feels like cheap DLC to be honest, so no wonder it was bad.

I'm just curious what makes it feel cheap? Is it the lack of gadgets that catwoman shouldn't have? The climbing? Or what does cheap mean? Like it wasn't polished or there wasn't enough to it?

It wasn't bad but the Catwoman traversal and story just weren't as good as the Batman stuff.

I agree. It was super cheap that guys respawned in the Two-Face/Catwoman end part. I also felt that without the "K/O all stunned guys on floor" move Batman had, that the room full of guys before Two-Face with Catwoman was way harder than it should been. It also kind of bothered me that the places Catwoman sneaked just happened to have fencing on the ceiling....no idea how those Tyger guards didn't hear her crawling up above them!

There are gargoyles or some sort of perch in about 90% of the batman indoors parts. The two face fight is retarded easy if you take out the guys without alerting anyone. So based on your logic if you find something hard then it must be cheap or poorly designed. It is not the games fault that you suck. Stay away from dark souls then.

Yeah, but in most situations the gargoyles atleast make more sense then just straight up fence on a ceiling. As for Catwoman my main problem was in the harder New Game + where I would take my time taking out guys, but then waiting for a moment when guards weren't around Two Face more would respawn pretty much putting me back at square one. I eventually just knocked enough guys out and wailed on him then retreated if more came near. It just made it more frustrating as nowhere else in the game did a stealth secton have respawning enemies, that and I could never get her claw climbing to activate when I wanted it to. I still enjoyed all of the Catwoman stuff, dont get me wrong. I just wish there was more.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By laserbolts
    @FoxMulder Ahh I didn't know you were talking about new game plus. I haven't started my second run yet so I can't comment on that. Sorry for the confusion dude.
    hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By hollitz

Mr. Freeze. Everything else was just kind of lackluster. Batman's about the brains!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Jedted

I think Clayface is my favorite, especially when you start cutting up his little clay minnons with Ra's sword.

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By af7lm

@LordXavierBritish said:

I still think Mr. Freeze is the best boss battle by far. It really forces you to use your whole arsenal which no other encounter in the game ever really imposes on you.

agreed

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By clubsandwich

Mr. Freeze in NG+ is pretty hard, really enjoyed that.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Bouke

Mr. Freeze was the best fight in my opinion, but overall i had a lot of fun with most of them! Not one fight dragged for too long and most were different enough to be enjoyable.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Ra's Al Ghul because the fight was just plain awesome and used a lot of the mechanics you've learnt the best, making it easy to react to.

Freeze was also great because it actually forced you to change tactics with each attack.

Overall I'm hugely impressed with the boss fights. A great improvement over Arkham City's "spawn a thousand enemies and then smack the main dude around once". It was still present but hidden a lot better behind how you had to use your gadgets all the time on the bosses.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By sagesebas

@JauntyHat: Ra's Al Ghul was pretty cool, although the Mr. Freeze fight was super interesting.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By Afroman269

The only right answer is Mr. Freeze.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.