Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Should I buy this game?

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By bioblood22

I like games that have tons of content and hours and hours of game play. I've heard many different totals of hours of game play within BAC. So I thought I'd take this question to the people that know, those that own the game. Is BAC longer than 25 hours of overall game play and if so what is it closer to? 30?40?50? Any info would be awesome. I'd like to buy this game after I've played Skyrim a bit. But I don't want a 15 - 20 hour game, call me picky.

Thanks for any info.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I think it's 20-25 hours if you do everything.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By morrelloman

It's a renter, but it's my GOTY to this point.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Took me about 22 hours to do everything in that game. That's not including NG+ either.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By bibamatt

Tonnes of content, especially if you really get stuck into the fight system (it's FUCKING AMAZING) and do all of the combat challenges.

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bioblood22

Sounds like around 25 if you take your time and push it. How is it on Collectibles, like stuff you just find around in game world and can read/look at?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bybeach

So looking forward to it when the pc version comes out.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Dreamfall31

Well when you collect the riddles and trophies it unlocks bios for characters and Arkham City Stories which fill in some of the blanks about certian things. I honestly thought there were way too many trophies, but the riddles were more fun as they are easter eggs in way. I pushed myself to find all 440 Riddler item, but in the end it is totally unnecessary and can cut your playtime down quite alot. I think what made me finish them all was that I really like the feel of the gameplay. The sidequests are pretty great too and definately worth working out. Since there is no game timer anywhere I'd guess I got somewhere from 30-35 hours of gameplay. But that is with all of the Riddler stuff, sidequests, playing it again in New Game +, and random days where I just felt like gliding the city and beating up some baddies. I would definately save this for a time when you are need a break from Skyrim or maybe in during the winter after you're done with Skyrim. It really is a great game, and if you didn't play the first I'd say to even play that one first!

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jacksmedulla

It took me about 15 hours, but that is without delving into the collectibles. I'd recommend renting it. However, if you enjoy finding collectibles, I imagine it would take between 25 and 35 hours.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By metalmoog

I'm gonna grab this when it hits the cheap bins. Absolutely loved Arkham Asylum but it was too short. I felt ripped off afterward because of how quickly it was all over without any incentive to continue playing without NG+. The addition of NG+ in this game definitely helps, but no multiplayer stuff makes me wait on it.

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bioblood22

@FoxMulder said:

Well when you collect the riddles and trophies it unlocks bios for characters and Arkham City Stories which fill in some of the blanks about certian things. I honestly thought there were way too many trophies, but the riddles were more fun as they are easter eggs in way. I pushed myself to find all 440 Riddler item, but in the end it is totally unnecessary and can cut your playtime down quite alot. I think what made me finish them all was that I really like the feel of the gameplay. The sidequests are pretty great too and definately worth working out. Since there is no game timer anywhere I'd guess I got somewhere from 30-35 hours of gameplay. But that is with all of the Riddler stuff, sidequests, playing it again in New Game +, and random days where I just felt like gliding the city and beating up some baddies. I would definately save this for a time when you are need a break from Skyrim or maybe in during the winter after you're done with Skyrim. It really is a great game, and if you didn't play the first I'd say to even play that one first!

Hey thanks a lot. I think I'll get it later maybe around Cmas. I normally don't buy superhero related games but this game looks amazing and if I was going to play as a superhero Batman would be near the top. Not to mention it's nearly impossible to hear anything bad about the game. I guess maybe I'll try to get it new under full price or something make me feel better about buying it when I'm not 100% sure.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Dreamfall31

@bioblood22: If you get lucky, I reccomend you buy it at Walmart. When I was looking for the bonuses each store had, Walmart was selling a copy of Arkham Asylum with it for free. So I'm not sure if they would still have it, but it's worth it to get a copy of the first free!

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bioblood22

@FoxMulder said:

@bioblood22: If you get lucky, I reccomend you buy it at Walmart. When I was looking for the bonuses each store had, Walmart was selling a copy of Arkham Asylum with it for free. So I'm not sure if they would still have it, but it's worth it to get a copy of the first free!

Good looking out. Well see I assume for the first month I'll be locked within the world of Skyrim but if I poke my head out BAC might just have to take up some of my time.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Bestostero

Yeah, the Arkham Asylum is still paired with Arkham City at Walmart, I was at my Walmart earlier and its still bundled together although it is the ugly red box edition of Arkham Asylum, bleh lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.