Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

What is your opinion on the Arkham Knight season pass?

• 62 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I happen to have some extra money to burn but I also don't want to support such a ridiculous price point. What is everyone's take on this thing? Is the consensus just to wait and see if the DLCs are worth it first? Or to sidestep this madness entirely?

Guys, I don't know what I'll think of myself if I spend a hundred dollars on batman.

HELP

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The first piece of DLC is out in a week. At the very least, you should wait until that drops so you can see what the general quality bar is.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I loved the game so much, I got the season pass already. I'm dumb.

the price is ridiculous. wait til you see what the content is

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan:Same here, I loved the game so much I bought it the next day.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope people always wait. Such a bad practice to support.

Not to say it's never worth while. Just wait!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will pass on it.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I kind of always buy season passes for games I own, but I'm a stupid person, so don't take my example.

The Batgirl DLC is out in a week, so you should wait for impressions on that. But then again, you could also just buy that one for $6.

I don't know, season passes are a weird thing.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it get more expensive if you do wait until the DLC's all out? I feel like that was a thing with season passes once, but I don't think that's the case anymore. I don't remember the City DLC being all that entertaining (I don't think there wee even new areas in the one piece of story DLC), and I never even bothered to pick up the stuff for Origins, so it's not guaranteed it'll even be worthwhile to begin with. They say there are 3 story expansions, but that could just be three 1 hour things like the Harley preorder content. Then there's the usual challenge maps and more Batmobile racetracks if you really need more of those I guess?

Might as well just wait and see, it's not like buying it now will let you play it (and I'd argue that having to boot up the game every few months for a 2 hour play session isn't preferable to just picking up the pass when it's all out and you actually feel like playing that content).

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Depending on the quality of the content it might be something I pick up. Want to wait and see what the content is that Rocksteady is making

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just checked the price on Steam. Is this really $40? That seem extremely expensive. I think I'd rather save a few extra bucks and buy a whole entire other game.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought all I could buy upfront, i'm part of the problem.

But also I love the goddamn Batman, even loved Origins.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oldirtybearon

The price is ridiculous. For what Batman Arkham DLC often is (challenge maps stitched together by short, low effort cutscenes) there is no way in hell anyone can justify the $40 price tag. For that kind of money you can buy an entire new game, or for roughly half that you could buy expansion packs to other games (hint: Witcher 3).

I'd say don't. If there's a skin you really want, grab it for a buck or whatever it winds up being on the storefront. The only DLC in the season pass that might be good is Season of Infamy, which adds new villains/side quests to the main game. Still, that'll be what, $10-$15? Even if that too winds up being garbage you shouldn't be spending so much on this season pass.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Aside from some for the Telltale games, I've never bought a season pass. There is a good chance I will buy the one for Witcher 3 at some point, though. I doubt I would ever even be tempted to buy one for 40 bucks. If I ended up wanting whatever the DLC is, then I would just wait and get it on sale at some point.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That $40 dlc price is gross, not sure I can support that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

I bought all I could buy upfront, i'm part of the problem.

But also I love the goddamn Batman, even loved Origins.

Oh man, same here. I really liked Origins. I think it had the best story stuff. I might even pick it up for a few bucks since I originally rented it. And here I am eyeballing this season pass hoping for another bat fix.

Sorry internet, my fanboy-ing around might destroy us all.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I'm hoping the DLC content is better than the Harley mission I got for buying it new...

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By superfriend

The number of people who are ready to throw money at them without a single piece of dlc out is disturbing.

I would at least wait till the first one drops. Even then you could get one good one and the rest could stink.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ezekiel

I could have gotten AK for about 22 dollars, but I paid about 13 more for the premium edition that has the season pass. I feel a little bad about it, because the only DLCs that really interest me are the Batgirl story and the challenge maps. But maybe the others will surprise me. I never would have bought it for 40 (or the game for 60).

Batgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy

Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories

Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks

Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps

Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins

A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I let the sales person at GAME talk me into getting the season pass while picking it up. The shame! Oh, the shame! :(

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the season pass for the PC through Green Man Gaming. I ended up not getting those Steam skins I actually wanted. Cause it's not like I love Batman Beyond and their Batman Beyond suit looked like it would even fit with the weird military theme they got going in the game.

Also my PC actually plays Arkham Knight great but I don't even know if I'll get the DLC next week. I feel like I'm being punished for trying to blindly support rocksteady...all the while Witcher 3 sits there patiently like the good girl I keep ignoring.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Haven't liked any of the DLC for the previous games, so I'm waiting for impressions and a sale.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It sucks farts.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's disgustingly overpriced, especially considering that we don't know the quality of that content yet. Personally I'm waiting for a hell of a sale and reviews before buying any of the dlc

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in more content, but I am going to wait to see if they do anything for owners on PC. I don't expect a free season pass, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give early buyers of the PC version like 50% off or something on the season pass.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone, when "Should I wait to see what I'm paying for?" is even considered a question.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocksteady didn't even make the DLC

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I want to play the Batgirl DLC and thats about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 30 minute affair either.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Franstone
    FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franstone: Well that's not news in the slightest. and WB montreal already made Origins, which was fine.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@afabs515 said:

It's disgustingly overpriced, especially considering that we don't know the quality of that content yet.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy season passes, is my opinion of the Arkham Knight season pass.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'll wait until the PC version is fixed first. I can't even play that yet. But if you shop around you can get the PC season pass for $20.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy season passes before you know whats inside it and the quality is good.

Don't buy season passes that are overpriced.

If you liked the game, and reviews are pointing out that it's worthwhile, get the seasonpass.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I finally loaded up the Harley Quinn mission today and I heard it was short but I think it took all of 15 minutes to beat and it wasn't particularly good either. Hoping the other DLC content will be at least twice as long, if not more.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've bought some season passes. I've contributed to the issue. However, I really wish this practice would go away.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lkpower

I might wait until the Holidays for the inevitable GOTY Edition and get the whole package for a normal price. In the event that I get the game before then I won't buy the season pass or any of the DLC unless I'm really into it

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@artisanbreads said:

QFT

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got the game and season pass for £23 (roughly $35) so take this with a pinch of salt as I got the whole thing cheap. If you enjoyed the game and don’t have batman fatigue then I would say go for it , there is a lot there 3 story packs, costumes/skins and all the pre order stuff once it goes public. Weigh up its value to you in your head as its the most expensive season pass I have ever seen and decide if you want to play more if you find it favourable go for it . here is a page showing all the stuff included in the pass if you don’t know it all already.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season passes are gross in general and represent the entire problem with releasing broken games at launch. Arkham knight is probably the most gross of them all as the game wasn't even functional for a third of the fan base and they still have the nerve to advertise it rather than update us on the status of the game. I'll pass unless i can get it for like 5bux or something, or maybe even do something i haven't done in years and bootleg the shit.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season passes are gross in general and represent the entire problem with releasing broken games at launch. Arkham knight is probably the most gross of them all as the game wasn't even functional for a third of the fan base and they still have the nerve to advertise it rather than update us on the status of the game. I'll pass unless i can get it for like 5bux or something, or maybe even do something i haven't done in years and bootleg the shit.

the arkham knight dlc was done by a completely different studio who had nothing to do with the pc version or even the main game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BradBrains

as for the season pass

I guess we will wait and see. the game felt complete and I got a lot of our of it.

the harley quinn "story pack" that came with the game was barely anything so if its more like that its not worth it.

dlc should never be a problem a long as it doesnt take away from the actual game. the "dlc is bullshit" movement by some is getting ridiculous by some imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude said:

@artisanbreads said:

QFT

As of this thread, I'm pretty much committed to holding off for now. Since it's not even the same team that made the base game and prior DLCs have been lackluster in the past, there's just no reason to rush it. Maybe I'll buy it if all the DLCs get rave reviews but for now I'm gonna hold off.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Was news to me, might be for someone else, and I didn't play Origins.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

the arkham knight dlc was done by a completely different studio who had nothing to do with the pc version or even the main game.

That means nothing to me

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm waiting to see if they give it out to all the PC owners for free first...

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By atomicoldman
    @strathy said:

I'm waiting to see if they give it out to all the PC owners for free first...

I seriously doubt they would do that, but if they do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for the season pass itself, if the content in there is substantial and plays well, then I don't mind coughing up 40 bucks. The pre-order content seems to be very lackluster, and I thought Harley Quinn's revenge was too boring to even finish (apparently it's only like an hour and a half long too), so at the very least I'm going to hold off until a few of the DLC packs are out and reviewed.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it for $20, so I feel okay about that (the amount I paid for the game and season pass combined was less than the game by itself on Steam). I rarely buy Season Passes, but I have a major soft spot for the Arkham games.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it for $20, so I feel okay about that (the amount I paid for the game and season pass combined was less than the game by itself on Steam). I rarely buy Season Passes, but I have a major soft spot for the Arkham games.

I'm assuming that was a deal somewhere? I didn't pay attention to any of those because I got the game with my GPU, but at 20 bucks I'd plop down that money and take a risk on the DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.