Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

What is your opinion on the Arkham Knight season pass?

• 62 results
    Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@atomicoldman said:
    @adequatelyprepared said:

I bought it for $20, so I feel okay about that (the amount I paid for the game and season pass combined was less than the game by itself on Steam). I rarely buy Season Passes, but I have a major soft spot for the Arkham games.

I'm assuming that was a deal somewhere? I didn't pay attention to any of those because I got the game with my GPU, but at 20 bucks I'd plop down that money and take a risk on the DLC.

I bought it off of OzGamesShop (they're completely legit as well, not key resellers). I have no idea how the store works if you live outside Australia though. Should be okay, as they send digital goods all via keys in emails. They're great, I use them all the time.

Edit: I just checked, and OzGames has joined in the pulling down of the game for sale on PC. So no-go there for now.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BradBrains

@oursin_360 said:
    @bradbrains said:
    @oursin_360 said:

Season passes are gross in general and represent the entire problem with releasing broken games at launch. Arkham knight is probably the most gross of them all as the game wasn't even functional for a third of the fan base and they still have the nerve to advertise it rather than update us on the status of the game. I'll pass unless i can get it for like 5bux or something, or maybe even do something i haven't done in years and bootleg the shit.

the arkham knight dlc was done by a completely different studio who had nothing to do with the pc version or even the main game.

That means nothing to me

well it should because it make the complaints about them creating the dlc rather than fixing the game moot. as in they are totally separate and unrelated to the pc port issues.

as in they can do both.

and they gave a status on how the fixes are going recently fixing some issues and saying they would be fixing others.

also game works fine over here in console land. maybe those people want dlc

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ezekiel
    Loading Video...

Looks nice. Hopefully the fact that it was made by the Montreal team instead of Rocksteady, who were busy, means it's be a decent length.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I really like Arkham Knight. And I totally want more of it. But I'm not down with buying the season pass yet. I need to see what the quality of the content is like first. If the Batgirl DLC turns out to be great, I'll consider it. It sounds interesting, but then look at what the Harley Quinn pack ended up being. I had the Red Hood pack to play through too, haven't gotten to it yet (I didn't pre-order, I've a friend who provided me a code).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OurSin_360

@oursin_360 said:
    @bradbrains said:
    @oursin_360 said:

Season passes are gross in general and represent the entire problem with releasing broken games at launch. Arkham knight is probably the most gross of them all as the game wasn't even functional for a third of the fan base and they still have the nerve to advertise it rather than update us on the status of the game. I'll pass unless i can get it for like 5bux or something, or maybe even do something i haven't done in years and bootleg the shit.

the arkham knight dlc was done by a completely different studio who had nothing to do with the pc version or even the main game.

That means nothing to me

well it should because it make the complaints about them creating the dlc rather than fixing the game moot. as in they are totally separate and unrelated to the pc port issues.

as in they can do both.

and they gave a status on how the fixes are going recently fixing some issues and saying they would be fixing others.

also game works fine over here in console land. maybe those people want dlc

I didn't say anything about creating it, at all. I said advertising it, while not keeping us updated on the patch process. Fuck console land, they keep kicking pc players in the groin over and over. There are still people who bought the season pass and have no clue if they will get it the same day, because these people tell us absolutely nothing.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Nardak

Just played through the Batgirl dlc. It was a very short dlc. Think it took me less than 2 hours on hard difficulty.

Must say that if all of the dlc´s are as short as the first one then I dont think that the dlc´s are worth the price of the season pass.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By chu52

I got it on pc so I cannot support it. My pc is plenty beefy and has serious hitches. Witcher 3 was solid 60fps all ultra. Batman ain't got no excuse.

So I got no want for the dlc.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's hard to really tell this early on, because we don't really have much to go on. Batgirl's DLC is supposed to be out tomorrow, but even then we won't have a good idea still. It's just a $7 piece of DLC in a big $40 package. I have my hopes about what they mean by "legendary batmobiles", and hopefully a Christian Bale TDK-Batsuit. But, I'm a crazy Bat-fan whose an easy target on this stuff.

If you're not a crazy Bat-fan like me, who must get it because you really want all of the Bat-content...then I think the smart choice would be to wait and see. You can purchase Season Passes after the fact, even years after it's been put up and all the content released. You could make the best decision for yourself after all the content's been released, and you could have a better idea if it's worth it to you.

I bought the Season Pass after buying the game, and deciding I loved the game. But, again...I'm a Bat-fan who is an easy target on this stuff.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I'm gonna wait, im a huge Batman man and i love the Arkham games but the Harley and Red Hood dlc was way too short, i really like the sound of the incoming dlc but i'm not paying the price of a full game for a few mins of play. If the first one is good i'll probably buy it, if not i'll wait for a deal.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you buy the season pass do you get the harley and Red Hood packs? Is there no way to get those if you didn't pre-order?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock: That's a good question actually. I'm curious about that as well.

On topic: I bought it with the game digitally but I'm really hoping the "side story" DLC they have planned isn't going to be a short as Batgirl's story.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By firecracker22

You'll get it, eventually. It was stated that all of the Pre-order bonuses will be given to Season Pass owners after some of the allotted time, which made it sounds like it was on a per deal basis with all retailers. I'd heard September was the month, but can't be sure. But, it was confirmed that all of pre order stuff will be doled out through the Season Pass. There was no word on that stuff being sold separately, though I can't imagine what price tag they could put on either Harley or Red Hood packs.

Btw, we're getting a "1989" pack where we get use Michael Keaton's B89 Batsuit and drive the Burtonmobile, along with two racetracks inspired by Batman Returns. So, the Season Pass was already worth it to me.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.