Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 21, 2005

DICE's large-scale multiplayer shooter moves to the present day in this acclaimed sequel, whose online community has remained active for nearly a decade.

Do people still play this online?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

There's no way my laptop can run BF3, but it runs the demo of this pretty well (medium settings at a really good framerate). Some people play that online and there's at least one server that's often close to full.

I was wondering if BF2 still has a sizable community and is it a decent one, i.e. is it full of fair and fun games or just a bunch of lowly cheaters?

(I did try Google searching this and all of the results were a year or so old, and none of them answered whether it had a bunch of cheaters/hackers/etc.)

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By mikemcn

It still has a ton of people playing i'm sure. I was playing up until BF3s release and there were a bunch of servers.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah a lot of full servers, but the state of this game's community and administrators and even the gameplay itself is dreadful at this moment. So many patches that limited and ruined the gameplay and the fun, so many admin-created rules that make half your actions on the servers forbidden, and such an annoying community that boosts and exploits and hacks and cheats. 

I'd kill to play Battlefield 2, but seriously, the game is stuck in limbo.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Justin258

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yeah a lot of full servers, but the state of this game's community and administrators and even the gameplay itself is dreadful at this moment. So many patches that limited and ruined the gameplay and the fun, so many admin-created rules that make half your actions on the servers forbidden, and such an annoying community that boosts and exploits and hacks and cheats. I'd kill to play Battlefield 2, but seriously, the game is stuck in limbo.

Really? Damn it. See, I wanted to know because I want to play BF3, but not the gimped console versions. And the farther time goes on, the more I prefer these old games on my laptop, so I figured I should just build a gaming PC. I was going to get BF2 just to sort of ease that long wait until summer when I can get one, but I guess not now. And Bad Company 2's console community is there, but dwindling.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I was playing a while ago and it still has a bunch of duders playing. If there are people hacking usually the servers are so populated it's hard to tell, unless they're doing something obvious like cartillery. I still prefer this game over BF3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.