Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BATTLEFIELD 3 Elite Service annouced free of charge

• 59 results
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Bones8677
    @MrKlorox said:

Seems like an expansion on what they've always done with stat tracking. I love it when EA talks shit on COD.

It's astounding that when COD announces some stat tracking garbage that they should have had all along, people love it. When EA says "we've been doing this forever, so fuck you guys" they come off as petty to those same people. "Fuck chicken, I like eggs!"

You've got it backwards, no one loves COD Elite, everyone is loving BF3 Elite.  

The stat tracking feature is not what I'm calling petty. 

What's petty is that time and time again EA, more specifically DICE, has made knee jerk reactions to everything Call of Duty. Whenever COD makes a misstep however minor it is, DICE is always the one to show up and steal attention to make themselves seem like the heroes. They did it with the FAGS controversy, they did it with the map packs, they did it with the dedicated servers debacle, and now they're doing it with Elite. It's that attitude that's the problem.  
    Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Ping5000
    @Bones8677 said:
    @MrKlorox said:

Seems like an expansion on what they've always done with stat tracking. I love it when EA talks shit on COD.

It's astounding that when COD announces some stat tracking garbage that they should have had all along, people love it. When EA says "we've been doing this forever, so fuck you guys" they come off as petty to those same people. "Fuck chicken, I like eggs!"

You've got it backwards, no one loves COD Elite, everyone is loving BF3 Elite.    The stat tracking feature is not what I'm calling petty.   What's petty is that time and time again EA, more specifically DICE, has made knee jerk reactions to everything Call of Duty. Whenever COD makes a misstep however minor it is, DICE is always the one to show up and steal attention to make themselves seem like the heroes. They did it with the FAGS controversy, they did it with the map packs, they did it with the dedicated servers debacle, and now they're doing it with Elite. It's that attitude that's the problem.  
    It's effective marketing. Try talking about MW3 and BF3 in the same conversation. 

"That Elite stuff sounds cool, but I don't want to pay for the premium stuff." 
    "Well, BF3's Battlelog is completely free." 

"I wish MW3 had dedicated servers." 
    "BF3 does have dedicated servers." 

etc, etc
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By grilledcheez

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Subjugation

Not really sure why people are trying to defend CoD. Is being nickel and dimed for everything fun or something?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mcfart

ITT: A bunch of idiots.

If you bothered to read the article, you'd notice that Battlefield Elite DOES NOT include map packs! COD Elite will probably result in savings on the mapacks, and most of the stats tracking will probably be free (hell, Steam has voice chat, and XBL has party chat, there's no way Activision will charge for that)

God dammit GB.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Vonocourt

@blacklabeldomm said:

@slightconfuse said:

stat tracking for elite is free stop being a fanboy

you pay for mappacks with COd elite

All of the DLC maps were free with that VIP code for Bad Company. Think about it.

Too bad those maps were just the boxed maps but rejiggered for the different modes.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

That's actually really cool, even better that it's free. 
    Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Ping5000
    @Mcfart said:
    ITT: A bunch of idiots.

If you bothered to read the article, you'd notice that Battlefield Elite DOES NOT include map packs! COD Elite will probably result in savings on the mapacks, and most of the stats tracking will probably be free (hell, Steam has voice chat, and XBL has party chat, there's no way Activision will charge for that)  God dammit GB.
    If Elite costs around a $1 a month, then sure, I guess you'd be saving money. That'll never be the case, though. 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO, this reminds me when they took potshots at Activision with the FRAG ad for BC2.

Yes, it's awesome and better than anything Modern Borefare. As with all things Battlefield.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.