BF3 Beta Email

• 104 results
#1 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

Wanted to start this so people can post as they receive their beta access emails so we all know when to start looking. I don't want to forget to check spam and find out everyone already got theirs and it will nice to be see when they start going out. Also seems like a good place to find other GB members to meet up with when the beta goes live. I am plying on PC and pre-odered through origin but anyone on xbox or ps3 let us know how the process is going for you as well!

#2 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -

Think there's already one of these threads, you should toss up your gaming information in there as well.

*edit*
Updating this post with some relevant information.

Zh1nt0 tweeted: Keys will be sent, around 1pm-3pm CET on PC and Xbox 360. Awaiting further messaging on PS3

around 5am - 7am PST for us Americans.

#3 Edited by jtman54179 (179 posts) -

From what I've been seeing its not exclusive, i.e anyone who wants to can get in.

#4 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@jtman54179: People who pre-ordered from Origin or have MoH Tier 1 edition attached to their EA account will get 48 hours early access.
#5 Posted by Redsox44 (487 posts) -

If anyone gets a 360 early access and can't or doesn't want it for whatever reason. I would be eternally grateful if you PM it to me...

#6 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

It's 9:00PM MT and I still haven't received any codes. I should be getting one for 360 due to the Medal of Honor thing as well as PC for pre-ordering BF3. Perhaps they won't actually send them out until the 27th, but I was hoping to download and install the new client before the actual start date. Oh well.

#7 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

I was in the alpha and got an e-mail ensuring priority access after it was over; is this still true?

#8 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

I would post up my account info so we can play but I am not sure what to post. Assuming I can get it my soldier name will be l3roken, per usual, if that is how the system works. I am at 11:20 Eastern and still no word. I checked the free games section of origin where they point you in all the posts on their blog and still no sign, I will be up early to work on some Army ROTC SOP and will update my status then. I should be getting a second code for MOH Tier 1 so if it isn't EA account bound (which I am sure it will be) I will also throw that on here for someone to use.

#9 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@l3roken said:

I would post up my account info so we can play but I am not sure what to post. Assuming I can get it my soldier name will be l3roken, per usual, if that is how the system works. I am at 11:20 Eastern and still no word. I checked the free games section of origin where they point you in all the posts on their blog and still no sign, I will be up early to work on some Army ROTC SOP and will update my status then. I should be getting a second code for MOH Tier 1 so if it isn't EA account bound (which I am sure it will be) I will also throw that on here for someone to use.

if i recall it's like 7 AM for us eastern folk?

#10 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

@thehexeditor: I hope you are right, I should have some work knocked out by then and not feel too guilty playing by the time it installs a bit before my return to the microbio lab.

#11 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

@thehexeditor: do you recall how big the alpha was?

#12 Posted by gamb1t (960 posts) -

when can i play the beta for the 360? (dont have a pc yet)

#13 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@gamb1t said:

If you don't qualify for early access, it's 48 hours after the Tier 1/Limited Edition access starts. So 12PM UTC on the 29th I believe.
#14 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

watched the gamespot tournament which was on ps3: the game graphically looks like a modern combat game on the killzone 2/3 engine. (both games used the deferred shading technique)

#15 Posted by gamb1t (960 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@gamb1t said:

If you don't qualify for early access, it's 48 hours after the Tier 1/Limited Edition access starts. So 12PM UTC on the 29th I believe.

thanks now i get a chance to see if ill even get bf3 for consoles to play with friends

#16 Edited by Kaj235 (47 posts) -

Hey guys, watched the gamespot thing and thought I should screen cap some of the codes they put up (They flashed pretty quick). The top ones are PS3 and bottom are Xbox 360, I tried the PC codes and no luck so keep in mind they may be taken I just dont care enough to try for the console. (If they are hard to see they should be on my profile)

EDIT So apparently they may appear taken but are just not valid until tomorrow sometime at noon PST? or 5am PST? Not sure but this forum has them all including ones I posted so you could just go there. http://www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=4303&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

#17 Posted by DonPixel (2621 posts) -

haven't got a mail and I bought MoH in the Ps3, do I need a code or something?

#18 Edited by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Do alpha people get priority in the beta?

#19 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -
@benpicko said:

Do alpha people get priority in the beta?

no
#20 Edited by mosdl (3258 posts) -
#21 Posted by DonPixel (2621 posts) -
@mosdl said:

@DonPixel said:

haven't got a mail and I bought MoH in the Ps3, do I need a code or something?

Console people should see it as a download on the respective stores, see faq at http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

I see, allright thanks!
#22 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -

Zhinto tweeted this a few mins ago.

"Keys will be sent, around 1pm-3pm CET on PC and Xbox 360. Awaiting further messaging on PS3"

which is about 5AM - 7AM PST

#23 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

@Marz: Looks like I'm getting up at 5 AM.

#24 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

@Marz said:

Zhinto tweeted this a few mins ago. "Keys will be sent, around 1pm-3pm CET on PC and Xbox 360. Awaiting further messaging on PS3" which is about 5AM - 7AM PST

That sucks. I typically go to bed around 6am to 9am. (I'm a night-owl, so that's when I tend to keep office hours).

#25 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

@Marz: Looks like I'm getting up at 5 AM.

ditto, go work out for an hour while I chug along downloading it then come home and rage.

#26 Posted by Bollard (5827 posts) -

@thehexeditor said:

I was in the alpha and got an e-mail ensuring priority access after it was over; is this still true?

I don't think that was what that email meant... I think it was just saying if you preorder on Origin you get the early access for the beta, and thanks for playing the Alpha.

@david3cm said:

@thehexeditor: do you recall how big the alpha was?

2.2gb I think? They've said the Beta will be 2-3gb.

#27 Posted by evilrazer (496 posts) -

Still waiting for my key to come. At least now MOH purchase will pay off, I hope.

#28 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

If anyone gets a PS3 code they don't want could you send me it? It's my birthday today and sure would be nice to get early access (hey, I can hope)

#29 Edited by SuperUltra (45 posts) -

Apparently codes are being sent out right now. Here is what it looks like (not mine):

#30 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

My body is ready.

#31 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

Still no email as of right now and no sign of the beta on origin here

#32 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -
@l3roken: Same for me. 
#33 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

@super_ultra: You have made me crazy because you have it so I know they are going out...but I do not have it. I have a limited window I can play today so I want that code!

#34 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Still no code ;_;

#35 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Was coming here to see if anyone else wasn't getting a code, and it appears that is the case.

#36 Posted by MrWright (26 posts) -

I called EA support earlier in the UK as I had heard nothing, they said to expect the email between 12pm and 2pm but it would more realistically be from 3pm - 4pm.

#37 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (146 posts) -

Is it only Operation Metro & Rush again?

#38 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -

Got It! Yay :D

#39 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

@Redsox44 said:

If anyone gets a 360 early access and can't or doesn't want it for whatever reason. I would be eternally grateful if you PM it to me...

I should be getting a 360 one from MoH, but will (obviously) be playing BF3 on PC, so I'll let you know.

#40 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Just played a couple of hours on PS3. Still no e-mail for PC yet.

#41 Edited by Franstone (1154 posts) -

Got my code in Steam...

Downloading now.

AMDs broken BF beta driver from yesterday looks like it's now working as well.

(New beta Nvidia drivers are out there as well)

Edit: Driver DL still broken, spoke too soon....

#42 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Still waiting on my email. :(

#43 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

I was suppose to get an E-mail roughly two hours ago; still nothing.

#44 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

By the time my code arrives, I'm going to be too tired to play.

#45 Posted by Thompson820 (409 posts) -

Got my email, downloading it on Origin now.

#46 Posted by Ragnarok512 (161 posts) -

Has anyone on the East Coast gotten a key?

#47 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

@Ragnarok512 said:

Has anyone on the East Coast gotten a key?

Nope.

#48 Posted by l3roken (115 posts) -

I am east coast and have yet to receive it, debating sending EA an email. Not sure it would do any good though.

#49 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

A Dice employee has stated multiple times on Twitter that the beta keys are rolling out, yet few have actually received one.

#50 Posted by Ragnarok512 (161 posts) -

@SpartanAmbrose: God damn it. Saw an email in my inbox, then realized it was your reply. XD

Good to know I'm not the only one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.