Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

My list of balance changes and fixes I want to see.

• 67 results
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

1. Bring down the brightness of flash lights and sun, it is unfair as hell to be blinded while fighting.

2. Buff long range LMG damage, LMG's are not mid range weapons, they are long range weapons, it's really dumb that you need a tripod to make them effective at any real range, when compared to assault rifles, I hate that they are so much harder to use than SMG's in long range half the time.

3. Nerf Stingers against attack and scout helicopters, every time I see a chopper I take it down with ease.

4. Tone down AA tanks, they are ridiculously OP right now in almost every way, my first game in one I went 23/0.

5. Tone down the armour in IFV's, APC's, and AA tanks these are not 60 ton MBT's they are lighter, faster, Vehicles, their armour should reflect that.

6. Humvees and Vodniks, do something about them, they have a huge amount of armour and bullet proof glass. Im not asking to make them bad, but it's pretty weak that if you're not an Engineer you are helpless.

7. Havoc is too sluggish when compared to the Cobra, it turns like a brick.

8. Change something about the snipers lock on thing, it is annoying as hell and flares seem to not help against it and when on a hill it makes choppers useless all too often.

9.Open up the Rush maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all bad!!!!

10. Fix Rubber banding and lag, fix them.

11. Fix the nasty texture pop in, this game looks like ass half the time.

12. Make flares more consistent, half the time you deploy them and they still fail, this should not be happening.

I will update this list, I also should say I am on 360, these changes are intended for console versions of the game.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

@big_jon said:

3. Nerf Stingers against attack and scout helicopters.

Nopenopenopenope.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By big_jon

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

Nopenopenopenope.

If you believe that then you are bad.

Dice also said it is being done.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

@big_jon said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

Nopenopenopenope.

Wouldn't you be bad for needing them nerfed. Just sayin'

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By big_jon

@Hitchenson said:

@big_jon said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

Nopenopenopenope.

Wouldn't you be bad for needing them nerfed. Just sayin'

will put money on the fact that I am far better in the chopper than you, stingers are a crutch, they take no skill and it means that people who are trash at the game can just point and click on maps with no cover for the helicopters.

Everytime I use a stinger against a chopper that chopper goes down, that is fucking stupid.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360

Fix metro conquest its a shit map.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

@scarace360 said:

You mean it's the best map to grind points on. ; )

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

I hope they fix the lag on Tehran Highway. It's crazy bad! Also, the Vodniks don't have bullet proof glass. I killed a driver the other day by shooting directly through the windshield.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @big_jon said:

1. Bring down the brightness of flash lights and sun.

4. Tone down AA tanks, they are ridiculously OP right now.

Agreed. Shooting down air vehicles should NOT be this easy. Yes, aerial vehicles were OP in BF2, doesn't mean you make them UP (under powered) in BF3. A little something called middle ground

LMG's are not mid range weapons, they are long rang weapons

lolwut?  

5. Tone down the armour in IFV's, APC's, and AA tanks these are not 60 ton MBT's they are lighter Vehicles, their armour should reflect that.

6. Humvees and Vodniks, do something about them, they have a huge amount of armour and bullet proof glass.

8. Change something about the snipers lock on thing, it is annoying as hell and flares seem to not help against it.

5- I haven't played the game well yet, so I'm asking, how's the APC/AA armor compared to the MBT armor? 
    6- DICE decided to make those sturdier because they were death traps in BF2. I totally support them being harder to take down.. they're vehicles, not hotdog stands. 
    7- Elaborate 

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

Nopenopenopenope.

I would ask you to elaborate and tell me what you think of the balance issues when it comes to stingers but the last time I discussed something with you you apologized for talking and deleted your post..
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic: IFVs are insanely powerful, they are faster than MBTs and therefore should have less armour to compensate.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kermoosh

@Cloudenvy said:

@big_jon said:

Nopenopenopenope.

agreed, helos are a bitch for those on the ground, only fun for the one's flying the damn thing

i say most of this from bc2, but i havn't been bothered by helos in bf3 so far, and im happy with that

also, dont helos have flares, or is that only jets?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scarace360

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

No its the best map to do knifes only at 2AM and not tell anyone your doing it and when they shoot at you there bullets do no damage!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By big_jon

@kermoosh: Helos have flare, but half the time they don't work and stingers still make short work of a chopper that is no hiding behind something.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sitoxity

I disagree with all of these.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hitchenson

@big_jon: Learn to use flares better then. And I highly doubt you're a good chopper pilot if you're struggling against AA on 24 player games, come play some 64 player conquest.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Evilsbane

I agree with none of this, game seems great, they killed they sniper frenzy from BFBC2, bullet detection seems well done, vehicles are powerful but not overly so I have had nothing to complain about.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cloudenvy

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

No its the best map to do knifes only at 2AM and not tell anyone your doing it and when they shoot at you there bullets do no damage!

Good point!

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DonPixel

@big_jon: I agree with 3,4,5,9,12

But I disagree with:

1- It makes the game more interesting and immersive, I like that weather and lighting play a role in the game.

2- LMG seems rather OP IMO (M249 and M27IAR specially) with grip and extended mag I have gone as far as 10 kills in a row without the need to reload

I can't talk about the technical issues in consoles as I have rather limited play time on that version.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ben_H

2. Buff long range LMG damage, LMG's are not mid range weapons, they are long rang weapons, it's really dumb that you need a tripod to make them effective at any real range, when compared to assault rifles.

Hell no, there's already enough supports who camp with an LMG and an ammo container, contributing nothing but trying to get good kill streaks (9/10 times their completely awful at the game, unlike the supports who stay with their squad, supply ammo, and provide suppression fire). If anything, make LMGs less accurate past short range so you can't just run around spraying and praying or parking in a corner and shooting at chokes like most supports seem to do . If they made LMGs more accurate there would be no reason not to play support because you wouldn't actually need to aim to get kills.

Barring a couple small things (Engineer guns being on equal footing with assault at middle and long range and when they should not be, as the primary goal of engineer should be vehicle repair and AT, not anti-infantry, which is not how most people are playing them) the game is perfectly fine how it is. Hummers definitely don't have bulletproof glass as I've shotgunned a driver to death before. I can't comment on Operation Metro as I've only played it a bit and hated it, but it seems like a camper's heaven. I usually stick to the maps that actually reward playing the game and going for objectives instead of spamming grenades, rockets, and LMGs.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MaddProdigy

@big_jon said:

2. Buff long range LMG damage, LMG's are not mid range weapons, they are long rang weapons, it's really dumb that you need a tripod to make them effective at any real range, when compared to assault rifles.

5. Tone down the armour in IFV's, APC's, and AA tanks these are not 60 ton MBT's they are lighter Vehicles, their armour should reflect that.

6. Humvees and Vodniks, do something about them, they have a huge amount of armour and bullet proof glass.

7. Havoc is too sluggish when compared to the Cobra.

8. Change something about the snipers lock on thing, it is annoying as hell and flares seem to not help against it.

9.Open up the Rush maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Fix Rubber banding and lag!

11. Fix the nasty texture pop in, this game looks like ass.

12. Make flares more consistent.

I will update this list, I also should say I am on 360, these changes are intended for console versions of the game.

1.) Nope, they're meant to be bright.

2.) Not only are LMG's not long range weapons, but a bipod is practically required in real life. They are mainly used by the military as suppression weapons, and therefore require steady fire/a bipod. Of course an assault rifle is going to be superior at nearly any range, it is not designed to have TONS of ammo, fire continuously, and prove suppression.

3.) I have trouble agreeing with you. When I'm flying a helicopter, Stingers seem a tad over powered it's true. But when my team is getting raped from over head and idiots keep grabbing and wrecking my sides vehicles, I am really grateful for that easy take down. But generally, yes, Stingers need to be toned down.

4.) Yes.

5.) Don't care one way or the other.

6.) No! I agree with AhmadMetallic, the Humvees in BF2 and both BF:BC1 and BF:BC2 were totally worthless death traps.

I can't comment on 7 or 8, haven't tried/seen enough.

10-12 are the result of playing the Xbox version and in purchasing the Xbox version you have no excuse to complain. We are playing a port, not the real game. If you want nice graphics, no bugs, etc. go play the PC version, because it is the superior version BY FAR. Usually it is PC Players who have these complaints because it takes a back seat to consoles, so it's good to see the PC players getting a game for them once in a while.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By big_jon

@Evilsbane said:

I agree with none of this, game seems great, they killed they sniper frenzy from BFBC2, bullet detection seems well done, vehicles are powerful but not overly so I have had nothing to complain about.

So you're saying there is nothing wrong with this game then. There is something wrong with your head if you believe that, It is funny because you probably haven't even ventured out into enough expects of the game to even make a judgement call on most of this stuff.

@Hitchenson said:

@big_jon: Learn to use flares better then. And I highly doubt you're a good chopper pilot if you're struggling against AA on 24 player games, come play some 64 player conquest.

And that is why I just went 19 kills in a row in the little bird till the other team just spammed stingers at me, I deployed flares but, of course they did not work for some reason, because half the time they are bugged out and don't trick the rocket.

Just because you are bad in a Chopper and need no-skill crutch to make you feel better about that because even you can kill them now, that is no reason to want them to be completely under powered.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hitchenson

@big_jon: Hey, you're the one who wants an unstoppable machine of death in the sky. Plenty of people avoid AA all the time, you're just bad.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By big_jon

@Ben_H: Is that why the M-16 get kills in half the time that the M249 Saw does then.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vorbis

1 Stinger disables a Havoc Attack Helicopter. It's ridiculous.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By big_jon

@Hitchenson said:

@big_jon: Hey, you're the one who wants an unstoppable machine of death in the sky. Plenty of people avoid AA all the time, you're just bad.

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/%20Hitchenson

Yeah, I'm the bad one...

Shall we compare to see who is better, or just not waste time because the answer is very clear.

You are a level 7 and are making claims about balance, what would you know from playing the game so little and being so bad at it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Hitchenson: You just like causing conflict. The general consensus by everyone is that the Stinger is overpowered.

@big_jon: You've done this in other threads before. Now, regardless of whether you're right or not, you just look pathetic for taking the time too look up someone else's stats to compare your e-penis with.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By big_jon

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@big_jon: You've done this in other threads before. Now, regardless of whether you're right or not, you just look pathetic for taking the time too look up someone else's stats to compare your e-penis with.

Someone claims I'm bad and I will defend myself, someone who is good and has played enough to make judgement calls is who should be making balance suggestions, not some kid who picked up the game and played it for twenty minutes.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings because you feel inadequate but really, I am just backing up my claims which is more than most of the shit talkers can say.

If everyone just makes knee jerk reactions on balance before really giving the game enough of a shot to even know what they are talking about, then what the hell is the point of talking about balance, I just want a better game.

@AhmadMetallic:

I looked it up, the effective range on a M249 saw is further than that of an M16, just as I thought.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent47

@MaddProdigy said:

@big_jon said:

7. Havoc is too sluggish when compared to the Cobra.

9.Open up the Rush maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Fix Rubber banding and lag!

11. Fix the nasty texture pop in, this game looks like ass.

12. Make flares more consistent.

1.) Nope, they're meant to be bright.

2.) Not only are LMG's not long range weapons, but a bipod is practically required in real life. They are mainly used by the military as suppression weapons, and therefore require steady fire/a bipod. Of course an assault rifle is going to be superior at nearly any range, it is not designed to have TONS of ammo, fire continuously, and prove suppression.

3.) I have trouble agreeing with you. When I'm flying a helicopter, Stingers seem a tad over powered it's true. But when my team is getting raped from over head and idiots keep grabbing and wrecking my sides vehicles, I am really grateful for that easy take down. But generally, yes, Stingers need to be toned down.

4.) Yes.

5.) Don't care one way or the other.

6.) No! I agree with AhmadMetallic, the Humvees in BF2 and both BF:BC1 and BF:BC2 were totally worthless death traps.

I can't comment on 7 or 8, haven't tried/seen enough.

10-12 are the result of playing the Xbox version and in purchasing the Xbox version you have no excuse to complain. We are playing a port, not the real game. If you want nice graphics, no bugs, etc. go play the PC version, because it is the superior version BY FAR. Usually it is PC Players who have these complaints because it takes a back seat to consoles, so it's good to see the PC players getting a game for them once in a while.

I fully agree on everything.The Humvees are actually not useless now and the Machineguns are fine the way they are.We don't need to deal with sniping machine gunners now.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By big_jon

Humvees doesn't need to be useless, just not OP like it is.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kermoosh

@big_jon: yea cus i have noticed that helocopters have not killed me once yet, although i've only played for 3 hours

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Evilsbane
    @big_jon

@Evilsbane said:

So you're saying there is nothing wrong with this game then. There is something wrong with your head if you believe that, It is funny because you probably haven't even ventured out into enough expects of the game to even make a judgement call on most of this stuff.

@Hitchenson said:

And that is why I just went 19 kills in a row in the little bird till the other team just spammed stingers at me, I deployed flares but, of course they did not work for some reason, because half the time they are bugged out and don't trick the rocket.

Just because you are bad in a Chopper and need no-skill crutch to make you feel better about that because even you can kill them now, that is no reason to want them to be completely under powered.

Ok... Said i have HAD nothing to complain about no where in my post did i say there was nothing wrong but you don't seem worth discussing this with since you immediatly assume I haven't played the game enough and I need my head examined, asshole.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

If you can't use flares correctly then you're just bad at the game. And if you get bombarded by stingers you need to fly lower to the ground or something, it's how I evade lock on, that and fly away from the action.

The vehicle complaints you have show again that you are bad at the game, all of them go down fine in one rocket run if you aim, and Humvees go down in about 3 shots.

Now, you're probably just going to tell me that you are better than me and that I am insane or something equally immature, but I'm sorry, you just sound like you suck at piloting.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By scarace360

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

Good point!

HELL YA ITS A GOOD POINT MIDNIGHT HOUR IS ALWAYS BUMPIN!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By big_jon

@AlexW00d said:

If you can't use flares correctly then you're just bad at the game. And if you get bombarded by stingers you need to fly lower to the ground or something, it's how I evade lock on, that and fly away from the action.

The vehicle complaints you have show again that you are bad at the game, all of them go down fine in one rocket run if you aim, and Humvees go down in about 3 shots.

Now, you're probably just going to tell me that you are better than me and that I am insane or something equally immature, but I'm sorry, you just sound like you suck at piloting.

And that's why the majority conciseness is that the Stingers are OP by most people, including Dice.

Are you any good in the chopper, have you even used it enough to be talking like you know anything?

And once again, a 2.6 K/D and 3.0 W/L prove I am in fact good at the game, try again.

And how can you claim that I am bad because of my statement regarding vehicles when I am the one who is raping the entire other team with them which is why I think they need tweaks?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @big_jon said:

@AhmadMetallic:

I looked it up, the effective range on a M249 saw is further than that of an M16, just as I thought.

No way, seriously? 

Either way, for balance purposes, the 100-bullet-clip high-rate-fire LMGs should only be really effective in close-mid range. Worked great for BF2.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic said:

@big_jon said:

@AhmadMetallic:

No way, seriously? Either way, for balance purposes, the 100-bullet-clip high-rate-fire LMGs should only be really effective in close-mid range. Worked great for BF2.

Yeah, it's like 1000 yards on the LMG and 600 to 800 with the assault rifle.

Also the M16 is known for being an accurate long range rifle.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Canteu

They really need to do something about the flash light. Dude shining a light at me, in broad daylight, from 50 meters away. I shouldnt even know he has a flashlight switched on let alone be completely blinded by it.

They need to fix that if you explode a barrel near someone and it kills them, it doesn't credit you for the kill.

They need to add headshot indicators to the kill feed.

Also, they really need to move the kill feed from the right to the left. I hope whoever decided it would go on the right got fired for that one.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Karl_Boss

You're talking pretty big, jon.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By big_jon

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

You're talking pretty big, jon.

lol

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By GenghisJohn

@big_jon: Hate to be the argue realism guy in a video game, but I think if you hit a helicopter with a stinger, it will go down

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Clonedzero

i'm shocked no ones brought up the IRNV scope. that thing is basically practically cheating.

use it and tell me it doesnt make you feel gross for using it due to how stupid easy it is to get kills.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Discorsi

I play the PS3 version. I definitely agree with number 11. It is pretty distracting. #1 is also very true. The other ones I can't really speak about since I usually play engineer and the only vehicle I ever ride is a tank. So yea to me none of the vehicles seem overly strong but the heli's could use some love. What would be on my list would be some buffs to the recon class because all they really have is their mobile spawn going for them.

Rush maps still seem a little empty but no where near as empty as most conquest maps. I want to punch myself in the face whenever Caspian Border comes up in conquest. And no I am not bad http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/thugnastyiii#ps3

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlexW00d

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

And that's why the majority conciseness is that the Stingers are OP by most people, including Dice.

Are you any good in the chopper, have you even used it enough to be talking like you know anything?

And once again, a 2.6 K/D and 3.0 W/L prove I am in fact good at the game, try again.

And how can you claim that I am bad because of my statement regarding vehicles when I am the one who is raping the entire other team with them which is why I think they need tweaks?

Yep that's exactly how I expected you to answer.

Am I any good with choppers? Well so far about 10% of my play time has been with them, and I am still learning to pilot absolutely, but I can still stay aloft and get vehicle destruction bonuses and kills aplenty, and with a gunner it's all the better; I am still learning the more intricate manoeuvres to keep me closer to the ground and to fly under bridges and such, but I can definitely evade the majority of flares no problem, and this is with a keyboard, no analogue control at all. And bear in mind this is with another 20 people that could be wielding stingers trying to shoot me down.

All I can really say to you is practice! I know some fucking superb pilots in this game, they don't seem to need anything nerfing.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Sooty

Tactical flashlights should not fucking blind you in broad daylight. It's fucking ridiculous. Fine if you're looking dead on at them from 2 feet away, otherwise no, it just should not happen.

Swearing needed to get across how fucking stupid I think those fucking flashlights fucking are.

FUCK.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Wuddel

To make this clear. The BC2 choopers were OP. Also if 3-4 enemy engis make the concerted effort to shoot a helicopter down it needs to go down. At this point this is no OP of the Stinger but teamwork.

• The AA is OP against Choopers. Ok against Jets I think. I only seldomly get killed by AA in a jet and I am not very good at flying them.
    • Stingers need to be toned down against attack helicopters.
    • For scout helis probably also, though in real life I am sure a Little Bird is a one hit kill with a Stinger. Hell it takes down Hinds, and they have quite a bit of armor.
    • On a similar note: The Fighter Jet cannon is I think a bit too weak against choppers. Not by much though 5-10%
    • LMGs are fine.
    • Vodnik/Humvees are fine.

The problem are the maps. Metro is awful regardless of game mode.

Handguns need a buff!

@big_jon: Flares seem ok for me. Never had problems. I think though they need a certain travel time/distance from the chopper/jet to be active.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By big_jon

@Clonedzero said:

i'm shocked no ones brought up the IRNV scope. that thing is basically practically cheating.

use it and tell me it doesnt make you feel gross for using it due to how stupid easy it is to get kills.

Yeah, it`s dumb.

keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By keris
    @big_jon: The effective range of a M249 is only greater than an M16 when equipped with a tripod. Otherwise, it's only as effective as the M16 when equipped with a bipod.

And if a whole team is spamming missiles at a helicopter, pretty sure that copter should go down. Learn to fly NOE.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ben_H

@big_jon said:

@Ben_H: Is that why the M-16 get kills in half the time that the M249 Saw does then.

I see no issue with that. It should be able to at medium to long distances in quick bursts, which is what it's strong at. At close distances it's whoever shot first, like it should be. Assault rifles are supposed to be more accurate than LMGs, since you have a smaller clip to work with. If they did what you said and made LMGs more accurate past short-medium distances there would be no point in using anything else because you could just aim in the general direction and hold down the trigger instead of actually aiming and shooting in bursts, like you have to do with assault rifles and carbines. LMGs are for suppression, not sniping. Your suggestion for LMGs would break the game.

@big_jon said:

Both of which mean nothing in Battlefield games, which are about teamwork, coordination and capturing objectives, not killing dudes. I'm sure if I camped out with an LMG and switched teams whenever I felt my team was losing I could easily get that (and be a dirtbag for ditching my team), but instead I actually contribute by capturing the flags and end up with only a mildly positive KD but a score at the end of each game 2-3k points above the people who only try to kill stuff and worry about not getting killed. If your gonna worry about that crap go back to Halo.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By big_jon

@Ben_H said:

@big_jon said:

I see no issue with that. It should be able to at medium to long distances in quick bursts, which is what it's strong at. At close distances it's whoever shot first, like it should be. Assault rifles are supposed to be more accurate than LMGs, since you have a smaller clip to work with. If they did what you said and made LMGs more accurate past short-medium distances there would be no point in using anything else because you could just aim in the general direction and hold down the trigger instead of actually aiming and shooting in bursts, like you have to do with assault rifles and carbines. LMGs are for suppression, not sniping. Your suggestion for LMGs would break the game.

@big_jon said:

Both of which mean nothing in Battlefield games, which are about teamwork, coordination and capturing objectives, not killing dudes. I'm sure if I camped out with an LMG and switched teams whenever I felt my team was losing I could easily get that (and be a dirtbag for ditching my team), but instead I actually contribute by capturing the flags and end up with only a mildly positive KD but a score at the end of each game 2-3k points above the people who only try to kill stuff and worry about not getting killed. If your gonna worry about that crap go back to Halo.

I win more games than I lose, your logic is completely broken, If being good doesn't make you good then what does. I play for the objectives, Repair, hand out ammo, disarm, heal, revive and spot, and that is Why I win most of my games, I am good at it all too, and have a really good kill to death.

Who the fuck are you to tell me to go back to Halo? I have been a battlefield fan for eight years and have put in more than a thousand hours into these games you douche bag.

Why don`t you go back to sesame street?

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50  Edited By BawlZINmotion

When I'm running around on a Caspian Border hill in the bright sun I don't expect to be blinded by a flashlight. That's just kind of dumb. At night, underground, or a building, sure. Not in the fucking sunlight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.