Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Who's excited? Just about one more day, until...!

• 85 results
    redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By redbliss

I thought the game came out today. I guess that shows how much I care about Battlefield.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Vodun said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm skeptical that this cluster fuck of a game will give me the mindblowing entertainment and pleasure that Battlefield 2 offered. So, until further notice, while I'm looking forward to it and as you can see I've dedicated tens of hours to editing it and posting on it, I really have nothing to feel excited for. If this game does not provide the real Conquest experience, and everything indicates that it won't, I won't have anything to look forward to.

Would you happen to be bi-polar? Because your views on this game seem to change from each post you make. One post you love it, the next it's the worst creation human kind has ever produced.

It's not that I love it one minute and hate it the next, it's that I love so much about it and hate so much about it. 

This is a Battlefield game, probably one of the richest multiplayer experiences in the market, it offers so much yet (in recent titles) it's missing so much. So, while I find this game absolutely great and have been anticipating it like crazy, it still has a few things that I simply despise about it. 

In my posts there's a consistent praising and criticizing, not mood swings. 

Also, 1,000 posts.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vodun

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Vodun said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm skeptical that this cluster fuck of a game will give me the mindblowing entertainment and pleasure that Battlefield 2 offered. So, until further notice, while I'm looking forward to it and as you can see I've dedicated tens of hours to editing it and posting on it, I really have nothing to feel excited for. If this game does not provide the real Conquest experience, and everything indicates that it won't, I won't have anything to look forward to.

Would you happen to be bi-polar? Because your views on this game seem to change from each post you make. One post you love it, the next it's the worst creation human kind has ever produced.

It's not that I love it one minute and hate it the next, it's that I love so much about it and hate so much about it. This is a Battlefield game, probably one of the richest multiplayer experiences in the market, it offers so much yet (in recent titles) it's missing so much. So, while I find this game absolutely great and have been anticipating it like crazy, it still has a few things that I simply despise about it. In my posts there's a consistent praising and criticizing, not mood swings. Also, 1,000 posts.

Let's say you're extremely passionate about it then =P

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#54  Edited By Humanity

I feel pretty stupid for getting Arkham Asylum Collectors now.. didn't realize they're so close together. Oh well I mean it was my birthday so I guess the extra spending is KINDA justified?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Funkydupe

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm into Battlefield for the Conquest mode as well. You played Alpha as well I know. I had more fun in that Metro BF3 map than BFBC2 rush, so there's hope even for that mode. I just want to see some team work and not 64 players lonewolfing it in every mode.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Bollard

So envious of everyone who gets this tomorrow. Fuck publishers and release dates.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By mfpantst

Unfortunately the game will unlock 3AM wednesday EST (according to the launcher) and I have work and I'm not taking off. So i'll be suiting up wednesday night

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By BulletproofMonk

@AhmadMetallic: You sure like to throw around the word ''despise''.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By Branthog
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    I'm skeptical that this cluster fuck of a game will give me the mindblowing entertainment and pleasure that Battlefield 2 offered.   So, until further notice, while I'm looking forward to it and as you can see I've dedicated tens of hours to editing it and posting on it, I really have nothing to feel excited for. If this game does not provide the real Conquest experience, and everything indicates that it won't, I won't have anything to look forward to.
    I have my concerns, too. The lead-up to a game's release is sometimes the most enjoyable part, though. Once the game comes out, I'll be happy for it to just be a great experience, even if it's not exactly traditional Battlefield through and through. That is, I'm open to it being a new or different experience and still being fantastic. A small part of me is worried that it will have major problems that turn me off from it long term, too. After playing Caspian, a lot of that fear has been dissuaded, so we'll have to see over the next couple weeks.

I suppose it also helps that it has been a very long time since I was addicted to BF2, so the direct comparison is less fresh in my head.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Branthog
    @Humanity said:

I feel pretty stupid for getting Arkham Asylum Collectors now.. didn't realize they're so close together. Oh well I mean it was my birthday so I guess the extra spending is KINDA justified?

Just keep thinking about how you could be a drug addict and how expensive maintaining your fix is. Or even a smoking habit. Compared to that, gaming is totally affordable! Let me know if I can help you find ways to justify spending money in the future. I'm pretty good at it.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Vodun said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

It's not that I love it one minute and hate it the next, it's that I love so much about it and hate so much about it.  This is a Battlefield game, probably one of the richest multiplayer experiences in the market, it offers so much yet (in recent titles) it's missing so much. So, while I find this game absolutely great and have been anticipating it like crazy, it still has a few things that I simply despise about it.  In my posts there's a consistent praising and criticizing, not mood swings.   Also, 1,000 posts.
    No really, you are crazy.  That's cool though, I prefer crazy over boring when it comes to my friends.
    jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Branthog said:

I hope everyone else is as fucking excited as I am, because it's just barely one day left until the long-awaited launch of Champion Jockey! Seriously, though, this is worse than Christmas ever was as a kid. Those last damn twenty-four hours or so, where every minute counts and you can't stop staring at the clock and calculating how many more hours (or even minutes/seconds) are left. I've been out of the BF3 discussion and am not even caught up, yet, on what's going on with our GB:BF3 servers or anything, because I've either been sick as fuck or busy as hell working (a popular company launched their new service a couple weeks ago which uses our software and hardware as an underlying infrastructure, so it has been pretty much non-stop 24x7 fire-fighting to scale and tweak things). And, now, just a day away from sitting down with cases of code red, bags of Tapatio doritos, the number to the local pizza place, and non-stop BF3 on the GB servers. Or, you know, one more day until it releases and shit gets fucked under the crush of other excited people and we all bitch about it for a week until it's all working smoothly again. :P So, what is everyone else doing to prepare for BF3 Day? Getting some last minute house work done, so you won't have to worry about it the rest of the week? Stocking up on junk food and groceries? Having a final farewell dinner with your friends and families before you disappear into your office or gaming room or living room for the next few days, weeks, months, or years? Gettin' down and giving your girl more oral than a dentist's office, as a way of mitigating her future complaints as your eyes glaze over in front of your monitor for the rest of the year and her communication with you regresses to interpreting a series of grunts and clicks from the barely humanoid slog in the dark with a keyboard or controller in its hand?

some of you people get WAY to excited. im not sure how any game could live up to your lofty expectations.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Branthog
    @jetsetwillie said:

@Branthog said:

I hope everyone else is as fucking excited as I am, because it's just barely one day left until the long-awaited launch of Champion Jockey! Seriously, though, this is worse than Christmas ever was as a kid. Those last damn twenty-four hours or so, where every minute counts and you can't stop staring at the clock and calculating how many more hours (or even minutes/seconds) are left. I've been out of the BF3 discussion and am not even caught up, yet, on what's going on with our GB:BF3 servers or anything, because I've either been sick as fuck or busy as hell working (a popular company launched their new service a couple weeks ago which uses our software and hardware as an underlying infrastructure, so it has been pretty much non-stop 24x7 fire-fighting to scale and tweak things). And, now, just a day away from sitting down with cases of code red, bags of Tapatio doritos, the number to the local pizza place, and non-stop BF3 on the GB servers. Or, you know, one more day until it releases and shit gets fucked under the crush of other excited people and we all bitch about it for a week until it's all working smoothly again. :P So, what is everyone else doing to prepare for BF3 Day? Getting some last minute house work done, so you won't have to worry about it the rest of the week? Stocking up on junk food and groceries? Having a final farewell dinner with your friends and families before you disappear into your office or gaming room or living room for the next few days, weeks, months, or years? Gettin' down and giving your girl more oral than a dentist's office, as a way of mitigating her future complaints as your eyes glaze over in front of your monitor for the rest of the year and her communication with you regresses to interpreting a series of grunts and clicks from the barely humanoid slog in the dark with a keyboard or controller in its hand?

some of you people get WAY to excited. im not sure how any game could live up to your lofty expectations.

Considering most have at least probably played the beta and a lot of us played the Alpha, we already know it's likely to be really good. It's not like the excitement is based on nothing but trailers and hype. The only thing left to really separate reality from hope is what they have and haven't cleaned up since beta and how the other maps play (since we've been limited to Metro and about a day's worth of Caspian).

Plus, dude . . . you're on a video game site. Of all the types of geeks, video game geeks are among the most prone to indulge in both disproportionate excitement and disproportionate rage about things. It's what makes it all so much fun.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BulletproofMonk said: 

One of my favorites! Too powerful though, right? I know.. 

@SeriouslyNow

said:

No really, you are crazy.  That's cool though, I prefer crazy over boring when it comes to my friends.

I'm glad you like me baby, I like you too, but craziness has nothing to do with this. 

My all time favorite game is BF2 which provided massive vehicular combat and a travel-based conquest mode. Battlefield 3 is the sequel to that game, hence my anticipation for it, all the wiki editing and forum posting. 
    The game itself looks great, feels great, has a lot of potential, will be better than any other multiplayer title on the market (=love), however the game's trademark game mode has been butchered and turned into an infantry focused joke, and the game lacks multiple PC features that make it a decent game (=hate) 

:)
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By swoxx

Let me use a video to illustrate how I feel about all this:

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By scarace360

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

I think that some of us are secretly a little dude-bro inside. The same way some guys are secretly "I love vagina, but sometimes I go looking for a little dick on Craigslist" inside.

they sell that on craigslist?
    Isn't that Casual Encounters->M4M or something?

or something, like you don't know; don't play COY

Frankly, I'm offended. I only use Craigslist to find vintage arcade and pinball machines . . . and M4T!

fuck you then, chaser scum

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that term, so I lost the humor. :(

(Unless there was no humor, in which case I should point out that I was being sarcastic and not actually offended. :P)

i can never find any arcade machines on craigslist.

I suppose the availability will depend on where you live, but the way I find them is to go to for sale / wanted => video gaming and entering "arcade" in the "search for" section and tick "title only". Where I am, there's a few dozen right now including Tron, Centipede, Bagman, Crazy Climber, Primal Rage, Lethal ENforcers Gunfighters II, Down Hill Bike, Ridge Racer, Arkanoid, RoadBlasters, KLAX, Hard Drivin', Virtua Fighter 3, Turbo Outrun, Pac-Man, TNMT, Cruising USA, Zaxxon, Defender, Pole Position II... Sometimes there are more available than at others. There were way more last time I looked a few months ago. And if you're looking for pinball, there are usually a *ton*. Oh, I should point out that I also had "with images" selected, too -- so without that requirement, there'd probably be way more results, too. But, yeah, it probably depends a lot on location. If I were searching back home in PDX or SF, I'd probably get way more variety.

Ya the only time i can ever find arcade machines for sale is when an arcade around here was getting rid of some machines picked up a 3rd strike machine for 400$ totally worth it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cloudenvy

I'm excited! not out until the 27th here though. : (

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I'm fairly excited. Always been a huge fan of the Battlefield series, and I was able to secure a download copy from Amazon for 30 bucks, so that's really nice. But I can't help but think that, after playing Bad Company and Bad Company 2 for the last 3 years or so, I might be ready to waste my life on another franchise (probably Gears 3 or Uncharted 3 online.) Plus, I won't be able to download the game until I get back home, approximately 3 days after it releases :( Still fairly excited, as I said. Hopefully the GB PC community can get together and play some great games. Haven't been keeping up with it as much as I should've.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

friday ;___;

stupid release dates

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @BulletproofMonk said: 

One of my favorites! Too powerful though, right? I know.. 

@SeriouslyNow

said:

I'm glad you like me baby, I like you too, but craziness has nothing to do with this.  My all time favorite game is BF2 which provided massive vehicular combat and a travel-based conquest mode. Battlefield 3 is the sequel to that game, hence my anticipation for it, all the wiki editing and forum posting. The game itself looks great, feels great, has a lot of potential, will be better than any other multiplayer title on the market (=love), however the game's trademark game mode has been butchered and turned into an infantry focused joke, and the game lacks multiple PC features that make it a decent game (=hate)  :)
    I've never disagreed with any of your critiques, but your take on the game waivers between two extremes.  I think this game, just as with BC2, will hit its stride on PC and the console folk will either come along in the months that follow getting it on PC too or hold out for the supposedly superior (on console) Wii U version.  Either way it'll be a win for EA and for us as fans of the game because DICE will most certainly make another one.
    AlexAlterisio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AlexAlterisio

Did every one get this totally hyped for Bad Company 2? Because BF3 kind of looks exactly like Bad Company 2 but with bigger maps, more dudes on said maps, and pretty lighting

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SeriouslyNow:  And how does that translate in terms of gameplay? With all due respect, I don't think you give a damn about Conquest, while I'm all about CQ, so this discussion might already be futile. 

Also, the Commo Rose is apparently shitty
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By Bollard

@drag said:

friday ;___;

stupid release dates

Join me buddy, as we cry together about our 3 day exclusion from BF3 :(

church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By church069

I was going to wait until November when I had more money, but Amazon played their hand with a $20 game credit. So now it's pre-ordered, and probably going to ship to my house soon. I'm easily bought out I guess.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @SeriouslyNow:  And how does that translate in terms of gameplay? With all due respect, I don't think you give a damn about Conquest, while I'm all about CQ, so this discussion might already be futile. 

Also, the Commo Rose is apparently shitty
    I love Conquest, I just feel that in terms time spent, Rush offers me better value and this is excessively true in games where jets haven't been available.  In BF3 I think I'll be back to conquest in big way.  The Command Rose is something which I'm sure will improve over time. 
    Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Franstone

@Animasta: Just let me know when liking a game like Dark Souls isn't "cool" anymore so I can change my life to your standards.

I will not play Dark Souls most likely, I will be enjoying the shit outa Battlefield until Skyrim comes out then jump back and forth between the two...

Is it still not cool to use Internet Explorer? I mean I'm really sick of Firefox crashing on me...

I mean, Chrome, Firefox was soooooo mid 2000s.

Hah...

Wait a second, why would I even entertain listening to someone who is probably a dirty neck-beard.

Nnnnnnevermind!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh I'm outta money. Also the first month of most shooters are fairly unplayable to me, especially Battlefield 3, after that beta I'm giving it some room to breathe, cause that shit was buuuuusted.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Branthog
    @AlexAlterisio said:

Did every one get this totally hyped for Bad Company 2? Because BF3 kind of looks exactly like Bad Company 2 but with bigger maps, more dudes on said maps, and pretty lighting

Yeah, pretty much everyone did. As for it being a lot like Bad Company 2? Unfortunately, I agree. Throwing in the campaign doesn't help disabuse people of that perception, either. I know BF:BC2 was popular on the PC, but to me that series was for consoles and BF is for PCs. The attempt to mix the two up kind of makes me uncomfortable. If not immediately, then for the long term adjustments of the franchise.

Anyway, a new true Battlefield game is a big deal. It's like a new Counter-Strike (not a "modified CS:S" but an actual completely new CS, which I guess we're not going to get).  It's one of those releases that heralds many years of awesome gaming ahead in an era where even multiplayer games only have a life of a few months and even the greats only have a lifespan of maybe a year.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By kingzetta

I could not be more indifferent. I might get the saints row 3 demo tomorrow which I'm really excited about.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By awe_stuck

Dont load up the videos of the limited edition BF3. its the actual campaign :(

PS IT LOOKS FN AWESOME. MW3 ISNT GONNA HOLD A CANDLE

DONT CLICK HUGE SPOILERS THIS IS THE REAL CAMPAIGN

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bybeach

@Branthog:

I wasn't trying to be serious, but yes there is reasoning. 1) I strictly play SP. I do not do multi player, and up to now, the Battlefield games as opposed to The Bad company efforts, were MP. I do own the 2 Bad companies, played a tenth of one SP and none of the other, steam of course. 2) this is billed as a realistic effort. I do not know if I am into that....I won't pontificate, I just have a personal view about it. Now the irony and the hypocrisy. I vowed never to play a war kill game at all long ago, then full in true luv with COD one and Two. I also enjoyed the hyper,over the top roller-coaster madness of Modern warfare. But I never played MP in these games, all for the story, sometimes great, sometimes wtf. But except for the distinction of bearing a military weapon, a bit beyond real. the pull was the over the top intensity after all, where you could not hear yourself for all the small arms and bullets wizzing by, and your squad leader is telling you you stay put though it is certain death. But i won't sell those games here because it's not in any way my intent, and I'm not expecting much this time, and with both games I am in a minority anyways for who and what they are intended for.

Yes, Battlefield has a Sp this time, which some things are being said about. we will see. But I will avoid it for the same personal reason I avoided that other, what was it, Medal of Honor game? The one clearly in Afghanistan or such? Though I do have a dirty secret about all this, I played and enjoyed Vietcong. I remember that war.....

Enjoy Battlefield 3.

treadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By treadd

Calling in sick tomorrow :) Pretty sure the entire interwebz is going to blow up at 12:00am when everyone starts hitting the 'date verification' servers!

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By amir90

Actually, not that excited, I have so much shit to do.

I also got the wrong GPU in the mailbox ><

I wanted to get the game on midnight launch, but not going to bother now.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By awe_stuck

@bybeach said:

@Branthog:

I wasn't trying to be serious, but yes there is reasoning. 1) I strictly play SP. I do not do multi player, and up to now, the Battlefield games as opposed to The Bad company efforts, were MP. I do own the 2 Bad companies, played a tenth of one SP and none of the other, steam of course. 2) this is billed as a realistic effort. I do not know if I am into that....I won't pontificate, I just have a personal view about it. Now the irony and the hypocrisy. I vowed never to play a war kill game at all long ago, then full in true luv with COD one and Two. I also enjoyed the hyper,over the top roller-coaster madness of Modern warfare. But I never played MP in these games, all for the story, sometimes great, sometimes wtf. But except for the distinction of bearing a military weapon, a bit beyond real. the pull was the over the top intensity after all, where you could not hear yourself for all the small arms and bullets wizzing by, and your squad leader is telling you you stay put though it is certain death. But i won't sell those games here because it's not in any way my intent, and I'm not expecting much this time, and with both games I am in a minority anyways for who and what they are intended for.

Yes, Battlefield has a Sp this time, which some things are being said about. we will see. But I will avoid it for the same personal reason I avoided that other, what was it, Medal of Honor game? The one clearly in Afghanistan or such? Though I do have a dirty secret about all this, I played and enjoyed Vietcong. I remember that war.....

Enjoy Battlefield 3.

Watch the video I posted. Holy shit. Its fn epic. Your the only person who doesnt know BF3 probably just shot MW2 in the HEAD!!!!!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Branthog

@bybeach said:

@Branthog:

Enjoy Battlefield 3.

If your interest is only in single player, then I can absolutely understand the lack of interest. BF3 may have great single player, for all we know, but to me it's an add-in. An afterthought. It's something that's nice to have there, but isn't why you come to BF3. If it turns out to be awesome, then I could see putting in $20 or $30 to play it in a few months or a year, but without multiplayer and without the interest in that multiplayer . . . it's hard to see the value.

Myself - I enjoy singleplayer and I hate when games jam in a mulitiplayer mode that nobody is ever going to play and that won't have an active community three months after launch, but I also absolutely love multiplayer. In fact, single player is often just a diversion from me as competing against other humans - whether in Civilization of Counter-Strike or anything in-between - is kind of vital to me. I like to know there's another human that I'm competing against. That they're thinking. That they're making me better. That they're swearing at their monitor when I get one over on them. To me, it's the difference between folding one end of the ping-pong table up and hitting the ball against it versus having a skilled opponent on the other end, trying to score on your ass the moment you let up.

Anyway, I definitely see your point. It would be like me saying that I don't have an interest in Pokemon games. You know, because I don't have an interest in Pokemon. It just isn't in my wheel-house. :)

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By withateethuh

I remember when I had to wait until tomorrow, and then I used a proxy to unlock the game today :P

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Andorski: Didn't know release day shipping was only 99¢ extra....thanks for the tip.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.