Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Who's excited? Just about one more day, until...!

• 85 results
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

I hope everyone else is as fucking excited as I am, because it's just barely one day left until the long-awaited launch of  Champion Jockey!

Seriously, though, this is worse than Christmas ever was as a kid. Those last damn twenty-four hours or so, where every minute counts and you can't stop staring at the clock and calculating how many more hours (or even minutes/seconds) are left. I've been out of the BF3 discussion and am not even caught up, yet, on what's going on with our GB:BF3 servers or anything, because I've either been sick as fuck or busy as hell working (a popular company launched their new service a couple weeks ago which uses our software and hardware as an underlying infrastructure, so it has been pretty much non-stop 24x7 fire-fighting to scale and tweak things). And, now, just a day away from sitting down with cases of code red, bags of Tapatio doritos, the number to the local pizza place, and non-stop BF3 on the GB servers.

Or, you know, one more day until it releases and shit gets fucked under the crush of other excited people and we all bitch about it for a week until it's all working smoothly again. :P

So, what is everyone else doing to prepare for BF3 Day? Getting some last minute house work done, so you won't have to worry about it the rest of the week? Stocking up on junk food and groceries? Having a final farewell dinner with your friends and families before you disappear into your office or gaming room or living room for the next few days, weeks, months, or years? Gettin' down and giving your girl more oral than a dentist's office, as a way of mitigating her future complaints as your eyes glaze over in front of your monitor for the rest of the year and her communication with you regresses to interpreting a series of grunts and clicks from the barely humanoid slog in the dark with a keyboard or controller in its hand?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By bicycleham

Isn't it 2 more days?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#3  Edited By MightyDuck

Looking forward to it. Just finished up the main story of Batman this weekend, so I'm ready for some BF3.

All that's left for me to hopefully pick up this year is Skyrim, and then I'm going on a game buying hiatus until after the holidays!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

I'm more excited then a 12 year old girl getting a hug from Justin Bieber at his concert.

To answer your question, I have nothing to do. I just graduated high school last month and I have to wait for colleges to e-mail me or something so I can start college in January. Other then that, I have no job and I have nothing to do this week. It sucks that i don't have a PS3 at the moment because shit happens but on Tuesday morning, I will be heading to GameStop to pick up my copy and walking 30 minutes to my friends house to kick him off his PS3 and play through BF3's campaign. Along the way, I'll stop for some Little Caesars(only $5 for a pepperoni pie!) and buying a pie and soda, then proceed to my friends house and be all excited and nervous playing the campaign. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Branthog said:

Gettin' down and giving your girl more oral than a dentist's office, as a way of mitigating her future complaints as your eyes glaze over in front of your monitor for the rest of the year and her communication with you regresses to interpreting a series of grunts and clicks from the barely humanoid slog in the dark with a keyboard or controller in its hand?

That was.... I don't even know... Wtf did I just read?!?

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@awesomeusername said:

I'm more excited then a 12 year old girl getting a hug from Justin Bieber at his concert.

Wow. That's pretty damn excited.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@awesomeusername said:

What can I say? I'm just too hardcore for you folks.

@Humphreys: If I'm not mistaken, your avatars CM Punk's logo, right?

@Barrock said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/puppies-3d/61-36655/

Wow. That game is... I'm switching my BF3 pre-order to this. Fuck it! That is GOTY potential right there people!

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

@awesomeusername said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Barrock said:

Wow. That game is... I'm switching my BF3 pre-order to this. Fuck it! That is GOTY potential right there people!

Please don't forget the following,

http://www.giantbomb.com/horses-3d/61-36654/

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

@Barrock said:

@awesomeusername said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Barrock said:

Please don't forget the following,

http://www.giantbomb.com/horses-3d/61-36654/

I won't forget it as long as it has ponies! If it has ponies, this blows puppies 3-D out of the water.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amomjc

Going to pick mine up at midnight tomorrow and hopefully my daughter will grace me with a long nap so I can game.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair

not getting it until the weekend :-(

...but I will have a PC that can run it on ultra by then!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RE_Player1

I was going to get it but I changed my order to Uncharted 3. Might still get Battlefield 3 though...

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Franstone

Well, all of Giant Bomb seems to be excited.

First time I think I've seen one game dominate the forum site activity section on the main page.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By matthias2437

I really am not excited about this. At all. I agree that it is a beautiful game and a lot of people will probably find it to be really good, but I am sick of modern military shooters. Since maybe MW2 I have not wanted to play any because I am just burnt out on them I guess. Only games I am really excited for this year are Skyrim, and Assassins creed (but really only Skyrim).

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy

Imma hold off on Battlefield 3 for now. Uncharted 3 comes out next week and I know that will most likely be better than BF3.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By metalmoog

Conflicted as to whether or not to wait for the 360 review or just say fuck it and go in and grab it at the launch. Just hoping I'm not getting the beta in a BF3 hyped case.

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lmenzol

@Branthog: i would be but i dont get paid till friday

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Beaudacious

I'll be picking it up on Tuesday morning, then letting it sit on my desk all week, cause of mid-terms, and papers.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karl_Boss

Amazon super saver shipping.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PC copy will unlock in little over 24 hours. I'm pretty excited. For a while I didn't really care and had been feeling pretty burnt out on shooters, but then it went on sale for $42 on Amazon and I just couldn't pass that up.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Brendan
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Branthog
    @Xolare said:

Isn't it 2 more days?

Well, it's about 10pm PT on Sunday right now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game will unlock at midnight PT, which means it's only about 26 hours away. A day and a half at the most.  That's about 93,600 seconds.

@GetWhatYagive said:

Looking forward to it. Just finished up the main story of Batman this weekend, so I'm ready for some BF3.

All that's left for me to hopefully pick up this year is Skyrim, and then I'm going on a game buying hiatus until after the holidays!

I'm only about a fifth of the way through the story on Batman. I can't seem to force myself to play through it in one or two sittings lke the first one. I think part of my problem right now is that I just constantly think about how I'd rather be playing BF3 and that distracts me. I have a stack of games that are probably going to end up being "when I get bored or need a break from BF3" down the road.

I think I'm going on a buying break after the holidays, too, unless something comes out early in the year that I wasn't expecting. At the moment, my only real planned purchase in early 2012 is Mass Effect 3. This year, I'm going to try and be better about not buying a game right away, if it's not multiplayer. I just get too excited sometimes. Even though I often end up not playing it for weeks, anyway.

Actually, my plan in 2012 is to start to return to my old style of gaming. I used to pick just a few games and play them pretty hard core. One or two shooters. A strategy. And then RPGs as they came out. These days, I tend to buy and play anything that strikes my fancy, so I don't get really deep into any one thing long-term and I constantly feel overwhelmed. Compelled to finish this game and get on to the next. I don't even fucking review games for a living or anything and I kind of feel a weird self-imposed pressure. So . . . play fewer games and get more out of them. That's my new plan. :)

@awesomeusername said:
    To answer your question, I have nothing to do. I just graduated high school last month and I have to wait for colleges to e-mail me or something so I can start college in January. Other then that, I have no job and I have nothing to do this week. It sucks that i don't have a PS3 at the moment because shit happens but on Tuesday morning, I will be heading to GameStop to pick up my copy and walking 30 minutes to my friends house to kick him off his PS3 and play through BF3's campaign. Along the way, I'll stop for some Little Caesars(only $5 for a pepperoni pie!) and buying a pie and soda, then proceed to my friends house and be all excited and nervous playing the campaign. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What an unfortunate time to be without a console/gaming rig! At least your friend will let you play - that's pretty awesome. Is just out of highschool too old to have sleepovers where you play games non-stop or is that still kosher? Man, those were the days.  Also, I have enough points saved up at Papa Johns that I think I can order about six large three topping pizzas. Oh man, I am going to totally die of a heart attack in front of my computer this month. I'm going to be the fat ass that gives DICE the "gamer dies playing Battlefield 3" attention. 

@awesomeusername said:

@Branthog said:

Gettin' down and giving your girl more oral than a dentist's office, as a way of mitigating her future complaints as your eyes glaze over in front of your monitor for the rest of the year and her communication with you regresses to interpreting a series of grunts and clicks from the barely humanoid slog in the dark with a keyboard or controller in its hand?

That was.... I don't even know... Wtf did I just read?!?

In ten years, you will totally know. Or maybe sooner than that. There eventually comes a time in life (usually) where you have to earn your "me time".

@amomjc said:

Going to pick mine up at midnight tomorrow and hopefully my daughter will grace me with a long nap so I can game.

Nyquil.

@msavo said:
    I was going to get it but I changed my order to Uncharted 3. Might still get Battlefield 3 though...
    I can definitely dig that choice. Uncharted 3's multiplayer beta was enjoyable and I'd like to see more of it with more maps and game types. I've had it pre-ordered forever and will probably stop BF3 long enough to play through the campaign on launch day. If you plan to play lots of Uncharted multiplayer, I could completely see choosing it in the short term and going with BF3 later on. Uncharted is one of those titles that I want to experience right away, anyway. Especially before someone manages to ruin the story.

@matthias2437 said:

I really am not excited about this. At all. I agree that it is a beautiful game and a lot of people will probably find it to be really good, but I am sick of modern military shooters. Since maybe MW2 I have not wanted to play any because I am just burnt out on them I guess. Only games I am really excited for this year are Skyrim, and Assassins creed (but really only Skyrim).

Strangely, I've felt a resurgence, this year. I don't know if it will last, but I even managed to get really into Black Ops (for exactly five weeks) after launch, before it wore me down (and, frankly, that was primarily just the non-stop flood of racism and homophobia that wore me down rather than the game itself). I spent most of the time since last Christmas with zero interest in any shooters. Now, however, I find myself neck-deep in Red Orchestra 2 and BF3 and looking forward to my copy of both MW3 and CS:GO.

I may be tired of all of them by the first quarter of 2012. Who knows? It's a great time to be into shooters these days, but I'm not sure if I have it in me to really get into a shooter for a prolonged period of time (like the many years of CS and CS:S that I played, a decade ago). I'd like to, but maybe I've changed just as much as the genre has.

Skyrim is something I'll fire up on launch day. Check it out. Be awed by it. Then, I suspect, I'll not touch it again until the next big gaming lull. Skyrim is a game that, to me, seems like it needs to be consumed over a long period of time in more or less the same conditions that you consume a long book by a fireplace over winter, with a cup of cocoa or coffee at your side and a warm ass blanket over you. Skyrim is special and I'm gonna take my time with it rather than just getting it home and grinding on it all night like a cheap slut the first chance I get. 

@MetalMoog said:

Conflicted as to whether or not to wait for the 360 review or just say fuck it and go in and grab it at the launch. Just hoping I'm not getting the beta in a BF3 hyped case.

I'd expect some launch issues across all platforms, but after a week or two, I'd think the 360 experience should be just fine. Yeah, it's not exactly the same game as the PC version, but as long as you're okay with the map and player count changes, I see no reason it should be a problem. On the other hand, it's pretty reasonable to choose Uncharted or something else in the meantime, while waiting to make sure things are sorted out with BF3 and get that later int he month. Hell, I'm sure many of us will lose our excitement for a bit once we start running into huge (predictable) problems post-launch.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Animasta

@Franstone said:

First time I think I've seen one game dominate the forum site activity section on the main page.

dark souls

also, it's just battlefield. shoot dudes in the face? game of the year

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spartanlolz92

:( i want the game now thing that sucks is this week i have an exam in math. its one of three andNEED to do well so i dont have to that on the cumulative final

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Branthog This dudes youtube channel is just filled with BF3 gameplay if you cant wait. Its on ps3 (which is the version im getting) It looks fantastic! Hope you enjoy =)
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Branthog
    @Animasta said:

@Franstone said:

dark souls

I think that some of us are secretly a little dude-bro inside. The same way some guys are secretly "I love vagina, but sometimes I go looking for a little dick on Craigslist" inside. 

I wouldn't say I'm a closeted dude-bro, but I'm not exactly openly dude-bro, either.  Like a lot of people, I think I sometimes worry that my openness to experience a little dude-bro now and then might be misinterpreted. I'm more complicated than that. It's a part of me, but it's not who I am. Sure, I like some face-shooting and neck-stabbing, but I also love strategy, real time strategy, role playing, simulation and many other things. The same way I enjoy plenty of great movies, but also admit to having a good time watching Crank or Shoot'em Up.

I guess sometimes guys these days are afraid to open up and reveal that they like a little dude-bro in moderation, because of how other people will judge them. Well, I admit it. I'm a little dude-bro curious. Not all the time. There's more to me than just wanting some dude-bro. But sometimes that's exactly what I want and the world should be okay with that. Because, secretly, sometimes the people who are the most anti dude-bro are secretly dude-bro themselves and their intense anti-dude-bro-ness is just an attempt to cover up the shame of their latent dude-bro.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Animasta

hey man, I bought blops last year so I'm not going to hate on you for indulging. I just think that people getting so excited for this are a bit silly

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By scarace360

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Franstone said:

dark souls

I think that some of us are secretly a little dude-bro inside. The same way some guys are secretly "I love vagina, but sometimes I go looking for a little dick on Craigslist" inside.
    they sell that on craigslist?
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Branthog
    @Animasta said:

hey man, I bought blops last year so I'm not going to hate on you for indulging. I just think that people getting so excited for this are a bit silly

You have to take into consideration that BF3 has been a long time coming. This isn't just another shooter (though, in a way, it is) and it's not like another COD release. Except for the few people who got into the expansions/offshoots, the last real BF game was about six years ago. I think that's what draws so much particular excitement around this title. If we're here in 2012 with BF4 just a few days from launch, then it wouldn't garner quite the attention, in my opinion . . . but hopefully that won't happen. :)
    knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By knetic2341

MIIIIIIIIIDNIGHT TOMORRRRROOOWWW! This wait since the announcement trailer is (ALMOST) over.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Branthog
    @scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

Isn't that Casual Encounters->M4M or something?
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Animasta

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

or something, like you don't know; don't play COY

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Branthog
    @Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

Frankly, I'm offended. I only use Craigslist to find vintage arcade and pinball machines . . . and M4T!

(not actually true)
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Animasta

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

Frankly, I'm offended. I only use Craigslist to find vintage arcade and pinball machines . . . and M4T!

fuck you then, chaser scum

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Branthog
    @Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that term, so I lost the humor. :(

(Unless there was no humor, in which case I should point out that I was being sarcastic and not actually offended. :P)
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog
    @Knetic2341 said:

MIIIIIIIIIDNIGHT TOMORRRRROOOWWW! This wait since the announcement trailer is (ALMOST) over.

Is this definite? I wasn't sure if that was the case and was just keeping my fingers crossed that they'd launch at midnight rather than that "unlocking at 10:00AM, to placate whiny brick and mortor outlets" garbage.
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By awesomeusername

@Branthog: Yeah, it does suck to not have a PS3 at the moment. I usually borrow my cousins PS3 every now and then for like 2 months and then it's out of my house. I only don't have a PS3 because mine got the YLOD back in 2009 and we used the warranty by then and my mom said she wasn't paying to fix it. Then we were moving 2 months later and bam! It never made it to my new apartment. I don't know how. I wish I had a damn job so i can buy my own PS3 but none of the jobs I applied to called me. BASTARDS!

Anyways, I still have my friends sleepover my house sometimes. My friend just slept over last week too. Also, I don't have to give to get with my current girlfriend. Though if we break up, I know I would have to give to get with new girlfriends. Which sucks! Fuck girls for having weird insides! But I'm pretty good at... well, you know. So at least I know how to do it. But that's not important. All that matters is

BF3! Tomorrow! Fuck yeah!!!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By scarace360

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

(Unless there was no humor, in which case I should point out that I was being sarcastic and not actually offended. :P)

i can never find any arcade machines on craigslist.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Andorski

Cautiously optimistic. I'm getting the 360 version and that's the one that's going to have the most issues if there are any (since PC was lead platform; PS3 lead console platform). Playing the beta didn't really give me a good first impression either.

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Amazon super saver shipping.

Did you switch the shipping to Release Date Delivery? It was only $0.99 extra (and for some reason I didn't get charged any taxes).

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bybeach

I don't like Battlefield. This seems like an okay thread to say that.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Branthog
    @scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@Animasta said:

@Branthog said:

@scarace360 said:

@Branthog said:

i can never find any arcade machines on craigslist.

I suppose the availability will depend on where you live, but the way I find them is to go to for sale / wanted => video gamingand entering "arcade" in the "search for" section and tick "title only". Where I am, there's a few dozen right now including Tron, Centipede, Bagman, Crazy Climber, Primal Rage, Lethal ENforcers Gunfighters II, Down Hill Bike, Ridge Racer, Arkanoid, RoadBlasters, KLAX, Hard Drivin', Virtua Fighter 3, Turbo Outrun, Pac-Man, TNMT, Cruising USA, Zaxxon, Defender, Pole Position II...

Sometimes there are more available than at others. There were way more last time I looked a few months ago. And if you're looking for pinball, there are usually a *ton*.  Oh, I should point out that I also had "with images" selected, too -- so without that requirement, there'd probably be way more results, too.

But, yeah, it probably depends a lot on location. If I were searching back home in PDX or SF, I'd probably get way more variety.
    huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By huntad

My Birthday was today, so I actually have money even though I'm out of work. So, YES I'M EXCITED!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Branthog
    @bybeach said:

I don't like Battlefield. This seems like an okay thread to say that.

Curious - is that because of the genre or something particular about the Battlefield franchise? If it's specifically BF, what turns you off about it that doesn't turn you off of similar games?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I just impulse-bought Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown on Bluray. So if I'm lucky, I'll just have barely enough to pay for this game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm skeptical that this cluster fuck of a game will give me the mindblowing entertainment and pleasure that Battlefield 2 offered.  

So, until further notice, while I'm looking forward to it and as you can see I've dedicated tens of hours to editing it and posting on it, I really have nothing to feel excited for. If this game does not provide the real Conquest experience, and everything indicates that it won't, I won't have anything to look forward to.

Avatar image for girlsgeneration
    GirlsGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GirlsGeneration

lol Champion Jockey can't wait for that game!

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vodun

It's out here on thursday, and if I didn't have a thing on Friday I'd totally take thursday off / call in sick and play the hell out of it. As it is now, I'll have to act all adult like and wait for the weekend =(

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vodun

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm skeptical that this cluster fuck of a game will give me the mindblowing entertainment and pleasure that Battlefield 2 offered. So, until further notice, while I'm looking forward to it and as you can see I've dedicated tens of hours to editing it and posting on it, I really have nothing to feel excited for. If this game does not provide the real Conquest experience, and everything indicates that it won't, I won't have anything to look forward to.

Would you happen to be bi-polar? Because your views on this game seem to change from each post you make. One post you love it, the next it's the worst creation human kind has ever produced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.