Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Your preorder saves you $15 on Karkand...

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

Link.

15 bucks for Karkand if you didn't preorder, which includes:

- 4 Revisited classic BF2 maps
    - 10 Iconic BF2 weapons
    - 8 New personal customization camos
    - 3 New vehicles
    - 5 New Achievements/Trophies
    - 10 New custom dogtags
    - New persistence with 12 assignments

That is 5 bucks too much really, plus ps3 owners get it unlocked a week early.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xxizzypop

@mosdl: As compensation for not having their content that was promised to them on disc. And I don't see how that's five dollars too much, provided those BF2 weapons can be used on maps other than those found in Karkand.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3  Edited By GS_Dan

Compared to the map pack $15 standard, that's on par. Still slightly bull, but there we are.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Considering its more than just maps I don't say its bull....The Call of Duty series charges $15 for just maps.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Branthog

Fifteen bucks is fine to me for that. Especially since maps seem a lot more involved today than they were, say, a decade ago. My real problem is that you have to fucking play the game separately. It's basically an entirely separate game. As opposed to having the same maps and weapons and vehicles mixed in with the existing game on the same server. It splits the game up and the player-base ala Vietnam. Meh. I'm looking forward to this stuff, but that really pisses me off. I wonder if the stats are going to be separate, too.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kandycane2029

@Branthog: I hope not. I'd really hate to have separate stats.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Evilmetal

<ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL>

omg... this deal is sooo awesome!  

They include 10 weapons from BF2!! So cool. Props to the awesome developers who haven't forgotten their roots.

They could easily they could easily charge $14.99 for 4 maps ALONE guys!!   

Also consider they could charge $9.95 for those weapons and vehicles. And then you got those custom camos and dogtags and other achievements... this is well over $5.

DICE wants everyone to play these BF2 fan favorites and enjoy the great moments of the past. With all of this content, they could easily.... EASILY charge $30 plus, but since they're nice dudes they're hooking us up with a tight discount price of $14.99  .... a fantastic deal, if I may say so myself.

</ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL>

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RsistncE

I'm waiting for everyone to kick in with the double standard. They're going to whine about this is overpriced, yet CoD charges the same amount for just maps. This DLC, which is much more like an actual expansion, comes with maps, guns, vehicles and other content for the same amount of money yet will draw more flak.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

@RsistncE said:

I'm waiting for everyone to kick in with the double standard. They're going to whine about this is overpriced, yet CoD charges the same amount for just maps. This DLC, which is much more like an actual expansion, comes with maps, guns, vehicles and other content for the same amount of money yet will draw more flak.

Pretty much this....and I see you changed your Black Ops avatar.....got tired of people assuming you were a CoD bro?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Branthog: This makes me sad. Vietnam was awesome but after a month or so I could never find a full game because it was seperate. But dont really know how else they could do it except make s few severs that have all the maps and checks to make sure you have the dlc as well.

But makes me glad I pre-ordered. I would have bought it anyway though
    Tumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tumbler

@mosdl:

Pretty effective marketing trick to be honest. When teh game was in alpha / beta it was anyone's guess how the maps would play. At release I was able to play everything and realized only about 3-4 of the maps were any good. (in my opinion) Add back to Karkland DLC and now you suddenly have a much more interesting set of maps to play on and people who didn't pre-order have to shell out $15 to keep current. I was able to find a limited edition after launch so I consider myself lucky. Someone playing the vanilla version of the game will likely find themselves excluded from a lot of servers real soon.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xdaknightx69

$15 for all that, sounds good!

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RsistncE

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@RsistncE said:

Pretty much this....and I see you changed your Black Ops avatar.....got tired of people assuming you were a CoD bro?

No I'd never get tired of that, I just got tired of looking at the same avatar pic everyday haha

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mosdl

@RsistncE said:

I always find 15 bucks for DLC to be too much, but perhaps its the slew of great $10/$15 digital games that make me wonder if just some maps/vehicles are worth the same as a full on game. I'll probably spend more time in Karkand that say Shadow Complex, so perhaps it is ok.

So is EA hoping MW3 dlc is 20 bucks so they can charge more for bf3 dlc?

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Alexander

@RsistncE said:

Maybe you weren't around when they announced pricing on MW2 maps, but there was a substantial negative response. If anything Call of Duty has set a standard to which anything less looks like a good deal - which this isn't.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RsistncE

@Alexander said:

@RsistncE said:

Maybe you weren't around when they announced pricing on MW2 maps, but there was a substantial negative response. If anything Call of Duty has set a standard to which anything less looks like a good deal - which this isn't.

Sorry I probably should have been more clear. What I was getting at was that many of the same individuals who are OK with the Call of Duty maps being $15 will claim this is a rip off when in reality they're offering up a lot more content for the same price as a CoD map pack. Additionally we should keep in mind that this is a special case of DLC for BF3 - most people will probably be getting this for free so we shouldn't take the pricing and content as being representative of their DLC model. It could be more expensive or less expensive (unlikely, lol) and more content or less content in future DLC packs.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By infininja

I wish it had one more map. They keep comparing it to BC2: Vietnam, which makes me worry it will be a separate playlist. Doing that will kill it.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By BawlZINmotion

This is not directed at anyone in particular.

People pile on the greed-wagon like Richard Branson on a rocket to commandeer the ISS. Which by the way will happen. At the same time these people whine and complain about having to pay money for something they want. Shirk this shit sense of entitlement and pay your fucking dues. Maybe if people weren't so damn fucking cheap and greedy all these countries wouldn't be so financial fucked up right now. The fools who tried to buy houses with incomes that could never hope to fulfill their mortgage obligations are just as retarded, selfish and greedy as the people lending the money.

This is a video game and people are bitching about $5? If it's not someone whining about a $15 expansion, which is actually a good fucking deal, it's someone complaining about having to fork out $10 for an online pass because they were too cheap to buy a new copy. It's the very reason people suck Steam cock and puke Origin. Cheap-ass-gamer. Maybe we should get some shirts printed up in here. In 2011 $60 is a really good deal for a game like this. So use your second amendment right, duck hunt your mouth and off your fingers.

If people didn't want to pay for the "Back to Karkand" expansion they could have preordered the damn thing when it was announced months in advance.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laserbolts

I think I got this without preordering at wal mart.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

I'm confused, im not getting this for free?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mosdl

@Jeffsekai said:

Its free if you preordered bf3.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gunslingerNZ

What is this? When do they release back to Kirkland then?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DonPixel

@mosdl: Considering I'll gonna put some serious hours into it, I think it's a fair price..

btw I spent $15 in today breakfast.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox
    @GS_Dan said:

Compared to the map pack $15 standard, that's on par. Still slightly bull, but there we are.

That's like, poetic, man.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wuddel

I just sincerely hope that is not the only pack.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Samaritan

@mosdl said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Its free if you preordered bf3.

No, it's free if you have the Limited Edition, i.e. the first run copies of BF3. All of those copies are denoted by an orange triangle on the box saying "Includes Back to Karkand" or something along those lines.

Sputty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sputty

I seriously hope the maps can be added into a regular server's rotation otherwise there won't be much opportunity to play these maps.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28  Edited By GS_Dan

@MrKlorox said:

@GS_Dan said:

That's like, poetic, man.

I try not to blow my own trumpet...or dip my own quill.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By OldManLight

confused as well, i thought everyone with a first run copy of the game got karkand. the preorder thing was the physical warfare junk at least at that "place where games are to cease moving"

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Evilmetal: Oh man that's hilarious. You made a meme out of one EA game while vapidly trying to insult another EA. You put some shit in yo shit so you could shit while you shat. Yo Dawg.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By awesomeusername

This is why i pre-ordered it. i won't have to pay $15 for the expansion.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

15 Euro for all this.

Or pick up 1 or 2 used awesome games for the same price.

DaweBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DaweBoss

@Evilmetal said:

[...]content, they could easily.... EASILY charge $30 plus, [...]

I see what you did there. Clever.

All I know about this Back to Karkand pack is that I really don't plan on picking it up. I love the maps we have so far.

Edit: The extras just don't really do much for me either.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By McShank

I am happy i didnt pre-order because my fred meyers had about 30 limited editions sitting on its shelf 2 days after release.. Still get everything and i didn't have to put money down before hand. or even worry about getting the game on release day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.