Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Please answer these questions about BF4

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacktrote

I don't like posting on websites but there's no BF4 demo so please help me. I understand that the game is broken on PC, I will only buy when they fix it.

The questions: (PC version + 64 player conquest only, please)

1. There are ten maps. How many flags does each one of them on 64 conquest have? How far apart are those flags? Do any of them resemble older BF maps and if so, which? How big are the maps? Are there any linear maps and how many? Maps with flags centered in the middle? Maps with a straight line of flags? Chokepoints?
    2. For those who know what Kubra Dam is, is the BF4 dam map like it? As epic and vast, with a lot of traveling and not constant combat? That dam sure looks sexy.
    3. How efficient and meaningful is the commander compared to BF2? What can he and can't he do? How balanced is he?
    4. How dependent is the game on unlocks? Do you have to unlock even the simplest things? This of course puts you at a disadvantage if you buy the game a bit later after launch...
    5. Is everyone using lock-on weapons to shoot down air vehicles or are RPGs and SMAWs back?
    6. Does it take you two bullets to go down or do you get a chance to fight your shooter back if you're quick enough?

But most importantly:

• How good is the communication between teammates who aren't using skype/etc? Can you communicate your needs and orders using game assets (Commo Rose maybe?) Or is everyone silent and running towards enemy flags randomly? Is there ingame voip for squads or is it still Battlelog based and for friends only?
    • If the Commo Rose is good: When you use a command - A)Is your commo voice loudly heard by teammates? B)Do you flash on the minimap to indicate to others who just used the commo rose? C)Is there a 3D indicator on your player body to indicate it's you? D)Does what you said using the rose show up next to your name in the chat to indicate it's you?

Extra questions for A+ students:

10. Do jets get shot down in a blink of an eye like in BF3 or does someone need to get in a jet and shoot a bomber down?

11. How many exploits and OP weapons are there? Tell me about the bullshit, let it flow through you.

12. Is there voting on anything, like to mutiny a commander or kick a jerk?

13. How good/bad is the minimap clusterfudge? Is it clean, clear and communicates icons efficiently?

14. How's the spotting shenanigans? Is there spotting through walls? Is there a cooldown on spotting? Do spotted people crowd the minimap? etc...

15. Can chat history be scrolled up and read like in TF2 or is it strictly 5-6 lines that eat the previous lines?

16. How bad is the blue filter and color desaturation? Is there an FXAA fix for it like in BF3?

17. Is there an Operation Metro 64 equivalent? A cheap XP map that most of the player base are crowding?

18. Can keyboard keys be remapped to my pleasure? Are there any limitations there?

19. How bad is the hacking and cheating?

20. Is teamplay essential? Can people go Rambo or do you need to work together to survive and win?

21. How quick does the flag capture compared to previous BFs? Does it take a while to neutralize and then capture?

-----------------------

Thanks in advance!

- Jacktrote

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jacktrote

Nope

is this a giantbomb ritual?

please answer at least some of those questions yo..

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. No

2. Nope

3. Nah

4. Noo

5. Neh

6. Nopers

7. Naaah

8. Nupe

9. Neep

10. NO!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm a dick because I have zero urge to answer those oddly specific questions other than mentioning that the starting guns for each class are not shit and of course teamplay is essential

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By spraynardtatum

Don't know, still in beta.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mister_V

Eh, maybe

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are ten maps. How many flags does each one of them on 64 conquest have? How far apart are those flags? Do any of them resemble older BF maps and if so, which?

4-5 On most

How big are the maps? Are there any linear maps and how many? Maps with flags centered in the middle? Maps with a straight line of flags?

Pretty massive (Operation locker is a straight run)

For those who know what Kubra Dam is, is the BF4 dam map like it? As epic and vast, with a lot of traveling and not constant combat?

No idea what map that is but Laging Dam as its called is pretty wide and open

How efficient and meaningful is the commander compared to BF2? What can he and can't he do? How balanced is he?

Haven't played as the commander but the show enemy vehicles thing seems to help a bit

How dependent is the game on unlocks? Do you have to unlock even the simplest things? This of course puts you at a disadvantage if you buy the game a bit later after launch...

As dependent as any game of this sort, most guns feel balanced but scopes and grips are all things you unlock still

Is everyone using lock-on weapons to shoot down air vehicles or are RPGs and SMAWs back?

Not in my experiance, the Stock RPG is pretty good for taking out tanks but you do need to work as a team to get this done it will take 2-3 hits

Does it take you two bullets to go down or do you get a chance to fight your shooter back if you're quick enough?

Thats all dependent on the Lag atm :( On a good day you get a chance, there are alot of cases where both players go down at the same time

How good is the communication between teammates who aren't using skype/etc? Can you communicate your needs and orders using game assets (Commo Rose maybe?) Or is everyone silent and running towards enemy flags randomly? Is there ingame voip for squads or is it still Battlelog based and for friends only?

Like any online game, pretty shit unless your with friends. I havent heard any one actually using the bf4 system, As for the VOIP etc no idea

If the Commo Rose is good: When you use a command - A)Is your commo voice loudly heard by teammates? B)Do you flash on the minimap to indicate to others who just used the commo rose? C)Is there a 3D indicator on your player body to indicate it's you? D)Does what you said using the rose show up next to your name in the chat to indicate it's you?

Shows up in chat, still feels useless

Do jets get shot down in a blink of an eye like in BF3 or does someone need to get in a jet and shoot a bomber down?

IF your a terrible pilot then yes

How many exploits and OP weapons are there? Tell me about the bullshit, let it flow through you.

None that i have seen of felt

Is there voting on anything, like to mutiny a commander or kick a jerk?

Server dependent but yes

How good/bad is the minimap clusterfudge? Is it clean, clear and communicates icons efficiently?

hmmmm hard to say, it can get pretty epic at times but i mostly use the HUD

How's the spotting shenanigans? Is there spotting through walls? Is there a cooldown on spotting? Do spotted people crowd the minimap? etc...

Soptting is fine, no cooldown that i have experienced

Can chat history be scrolled up and read like in TF2 or is it strictly 5-6 lines that eat the previous lines?

Not that i know of

How bad is the blue filter and color desaturation? Is there an FXAA fix for it like in BF3?

Fine for me

Is there an Operation Metro 64 equivalent? A cheap XP map that most of the player base are crowding?

Operation locker. Im not sure how the Metro remake is tho

Can keyboard keys be remapped to my pleasure? Are there any limitations there?

Yes. Limitations? Dunno

How bad is the hacking and cheating?

None in my experiance

Is teamplay essential? Can people go Rambo or do you need to work together to survive and win?

Non essential if your a good lone wolf

How quick does the flag capture compared to previous BFs? Does it take a while to neutralize and then capture?

feels about the same

Sorry if they are short answers but you had 677 questions,

Go buy it but its worth it

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

Remains me of my middle school quick exams, maybe read reviews?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Subscribe to LevelCap on youtube, he'll get you sorted.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mostly yes on everything. Honestly, the macros for ammo and assistance of that sort is good. Most people respond in objective-based modes, which is what you're asking. It's a fun game, go for it.

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

Show me one review that tells me how many flags each map has and how far apart they are/ whether the commo rose indicates who the speaker is clearly/ whether there's server voting/ etc......

I don't give a f**k about attachments and XP, or how many RPG shots are needed to kill a tank, or how long the single player campaign is. That's all reviews talk about.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ikilledthedj

@jacktrote said:

@donpixel said:

I don't give a f**k about attachments and XP, or how many RPG shots are needed to kill a tank.

Is everyone using lock-on weapons to shoot down air vehicles or are RPGs and SMAWs back?

Not in my experience, the Stock RPG is pretty good for taking out tanks but you do need to work as a team to get this done it will take 2-3 hits

My apologies ill edit my answers

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I came in here thinking you had some simple questions... I can't help really. I meant, overall, when the game isn't buggy, I'm enjoying 64 player Conquest. I'm on Xbox One so I can't speak for the PC version. Honestly, wait till they fix it. Maybe even get it for cheaper in a month. Christmas sales and all that.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chiablo

1. There are ten maps. How many flags does each one of them on 64 conquest have? How far apart are those flags? Do any of them resemble older BF maps and if so, which?
    2. How big are the maps? Are there any linear maps and how many? Maps with flags centered in the middle? Maps with a straight line of flags?
    3. For those who know what Kubra Dam is, is the BF4 dam map like it? As epic and vast, with a lot of traveling and not constant combat?
    4. How efficient and meaningful is the commander compared to BF2? What can he and can't he do? How balanced is he?
    5. How dependent is the game on unlocks? Do you have to unlock even the simplest things? This of course puts you at a disadvantage if you buy the game a bit later after launch...
    6. Is everyone using lock-on weapons to shoot down air vehicles or are RPGs and SMAWs back?
    7. Does it take you two bullets to go down or do you get a chance to fight your shooter back if you're quick enough?

8. How good is the communication between teammates who aren't using skype/etc? Can you communicate your needs and orders using game assets (Commo Rose maybe?) Or is everyone silent and running towards enemy flags randomly? Is there ingame voip for squads or is it still Battlelog based and for friends only?

9. If the Commo Rose is good: When you use a command - A)Is your commo voice loudly heard by teammates? B)Do you flash on the minimap to indicate to others who just used the commo rose? C)Is there a 3D indicator on your player body to indicate it's you? D)Does what you said using the rose show up next to your name in the chat to indicate it's you?

10. Do jets get shot down in a blink of an eye like in BF3 or does someone need to get in a jet and shoot a bomber down?

11. How many exploits and OP weapons are there? Tell me about the bullshit, let it flow through you.

12. Is there voting on anything, like to mutiny a commander or kick a jerk?

13. How good/bad is the minimap clusterfudge? Is it clean, clear and communicates icons efficiently?

14. How's the spotting shenanigans? Is there spotting through walls? Is there a cooldown on spotting? Do spotted people crowd the minimap? etc...

15. Can chat history be scrolled up and read like in TF2 or is it strictly 5-6 lines that eat the previous lines?

16. How bad is the blue filter and color desaturation? Is there an FXAA fix for it like in BF3?

17. Is there an Operation Metro 64 equivalent? A cheap XP map that most of the player base are crowding?

18. Can keyboard keys be remapped to my pleasure? Are there any limitations there?

19. How bad is the hacking and cheating?

20. Is teamplay essential? Can people go Rambo or do you need to work together to survive and win?

21. How quick does the flag capture compared to previous BFs? Does it take a while to neutralize and then capture?

-----------------------

Thanks in advance!

- Jacktrote

I'll try to briefely go through your questions as best I can. I play exclusively on the PC version, and thankfully it seems like they've sorted out a lot of the crashing with the latest patch. I have maybe 8 hours of gametime, and haven't seen the China Rising maps yet.

1. Here's a list of maps and information about each one:

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Dawnbreaker

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_Zone

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Golmud_Railway

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Hainan_Resort

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Lancang_Dam

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Locker

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Paracel_Storm

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Transmission

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Shanghai

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Zavod_311

2. Maps are varied, on-par with the variety you found in BF3. The best map, in my opinion, is Paracel Storm. Imagine Wake Island, but half the size and with a lot of combat on boats instead of planes. The worst map is Operation Locker (at least with 64-players) and is a very choke point heavy map like Metro was. Levolution is a joke. :p

3. Not familiar with that map, sorry. :(

4. On the PC, I've seen a commander join, but if he was benefiting the team, I never knew about it. Individual soldiers can request drops and the commander can do it, I guess.

5. Unlocks are king in BF4. You start with one weapon in each class with some accessories on that weapon. You unlock weapons and upgrades the same with BF3. The key difference is that every few levels you get battlepacks that contain rare items for weapons. For example, you can unlock a red laser sight by getting kills on a gun, but in order to get the coveted green laser sight, you have to find it in a battlepack.

6. The Engineer starts.... STARTS... with a rocket launcher that automatically hits tanks. Fire it, and if you aimed anywhere near the tank, the round will home in. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it's removed all skill from being an engineer. I haven't gotten far enough in ranks to see the higher-end anti-vehicle weapons, but it's pretty weird out of the gate. I don't really like vehicle combat (I tend to die the second I get in a vehicle) but the boats are super satisfying now.

7. There are some netcode weirdness going on that really makes me question things. In BF3, I've never gotten a double KO (where both players kill each other) with guns. In BF4, it's very frequent; about twice per game I get a double KO which should not be happening. Otherwise, players die pretty easily, depending on the gun and range. I'd say it's on-par with BF3.

8. They may as well have not bothered with VoiP in-game. Nobody ever uses it. Communication is mostly silent, in my experience. Most people join Mumble or Teamspeak on an external service for communication.

9. Commo rose is meh. You have the option of requesting ammo, or a medic... everyone will ignore it. You spot things as usual, although it seems like nobody ever does this.

10. Jets are something I haven't dealt with much, sorry.

11. OP weapons you say? Otherwise, you have your typical guns that people say are OP but are really not. Since most everything carried over from BF3, they've got the weapon balance pretty nailed down at this point. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference between guns, that's the problem with having such a wide variety... it all blends together into sameness.

12. There doesn't appear to be voting, but mods on servers are typically good. It seems like there's some tools in place to help as well. I was on a pistols-only server last night and people were kicked immediately or got 30-minute bans for getting kills with grenades or rifles.

13. Mini-map is good, hasn't changed since BF2. If you have a second monitor or an iPad, you can use the battlescreen and get a great full-screen mini-map. This is probably the best feature of BF4.

14. Spotting is unchanged from BF3. Although it seems like pressing Q is just too much work and nobody really does it. Either that or they reduced the spotting deadzone or they're just dying too quickly.

15. Looks like chat is non-persistant.

16. There is a lot less blue in place, if anything everything is a little more yellow and natural colored. I'm not bothered at all by the post filtering, but some of the lens flares are excessive. FXAA seems fine, I wasn't really aware of a problem in BF3 so I can't say for sure.

17. Oh god... Operation Locker is the current clusterfuck map. Thankfully it's a bit more improved from Metro that there are more than two alternative paths. It's pretty easy to sneak around and jack a point away from the other team. With 64-players it's unplayable... it's far more enjoyable on either weird custom servers (pistol only is very satisfying here) or with fewer than 32 players. But good news... they're adding Metro in an upcoming expansion, so you can enjoy the worst multiplayer map ever made all over again!

18. No limitations on keyboard mapping. I had problems in BF3 because I couldn't map my mouse's side buttons. BF4 recognizes them without question. They did a good job improving this.

19. Haven't really seen hacking or cheating. Mods do a good job of banning almost immediately if a hacker is seen.

20. If you had a good squad of people who actually communicate, you'd be unstoppable. Nobody else really sticks with their squad and plays Rambofield 4.

21. Flag capturing is the same as in BF3, flag gets neutralized then captured. At least in conquest, I can't really attest to the other modes much.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

Show me one review that tells me how many flags each map has and how far apart they are/ whether the commo rose indicates who the speaker is clearly/ whether there's server voting/ etc......

I don't give a f**k about attachments and XP, or how many RPG shots are needed to kill a tank, or how long the single player campaign is. That's all reviews talk about.

yeah, you seem the kind charm I would like to help... with that attitude I don't give a f**k about your dumb-ass questionary.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chiablo

@donpixel said:

I don't give a f**k about attachments and XP, or how many RPG shots are needed to kill a tank, or how long the single player campaign is. That's all reviews talk about

Calm down duder. With the number of questions you asked (several that are directly related to attachments, XP, and how RPGs work), you're bound to get a facetious response.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:
    @jacktrote said:

@donpixel said:

I don't give a f**k about attachments and XP, or how many RPG shots are needed to kill a tank, or how long the single player campaign is. That's all reviews talk about

Calm down duder. With the number of questions you asked (several that are directly related to attachments, XP, and how RPGs work), you're bound to get a facetious response.

You get a facetious response no matter what the subject is, even if it's serious, someone always has to be the class clown. That's one thing I don't like about this place. It's like no one here was taught manners.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By OldManLight

kubra dam and lancang dam are nothing alike other than the fact that they both have dams. All the other question, i suggest you start watching levelcap, jackfrags, and rivalxfactor on youtube, or just pick up the game yourself.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

@chiablo said:
    @jacktrote said:

@donpixel said:

You get a facetious response no matter what the subject is, even if it's serious, someone always has to be the class clown. That's one thing I don't like about this place. It's like no one here was taught manners.

Are you new to the Internet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.