Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

3 new screens (vehicles only)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

2 Jets (incoming airstrike), 2 heavy tanks, chopper exploding - all in front of an amazing vista
    2 Jets (incoming airstrike), 2 heavy tanks, chopper exploding - all in front of an amazing vista

2 heavy tanks vs an attackchopper - small desert town in the background (3 story buidings?)
    2 heavy tanks vs an attackchopper - small desert town in the background (3 story buidings?)

That's some classic cactus right there! Isn't that kind of cactus exclusive to North America?
    That's some classic cactus right there! Isn't that kind of cactus exclusive to North America?
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

nice post -- can you confirm they're ingame? They look pretty awesome. Even if they are in game I'd doubt that's consoles. Looks too damn gorgeous. 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

Them screens are really impressive. Can't wait to see some real in-game footage. I hope for the Beta to start soon. I really want to see some unedited direct-feed footage of Battlefield : Bad Company 2.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

Since they're official screenshots, I guess they've been tampered with a little. This generation console games don't have this kind of AA. I guess it will look this good on high-end gaming PCs. But it sure as hell is pretty on the 360 and PS3 too. The demos given at E3, San Diego ComicCon and GamesCom where all on Xbox and PS3. Check out the Gametrailers interview from E3 with some nice (and currently only) direct feed footage of the 360 version in it's alpha state (the demo shown this far is pre-pre-alpha).

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

I don't know any current game, with that amazing vistas, such highly interactive environments and that much going on, on consoles or PC. Crysis comes close, it has dynamic destruction of shacks and trees, but no ground deformation and less vehicles.

Anyways, the demo is old, it's pre-alpha-state, it's 360 footage taken at E3, where the attendees were playing against EA Romania, hence there is some lag (the RPG at the chopper). Then there is the video compression from recording and encoding for streaming.

Even without factoring all this circumstances into the judgment, it looks fantastic on video already. In fact very close to the official screenshots. I bet, that it will scale to look like the screenshots on high-end PCs. With AA and whatnot.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gmanall

I hope they include bots in this one.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

Bots? What for?

It's gonna have a singleplayer campaign. Preston, Sweetwater, Haggard and Sarge are still at it.  Most likely the whole campaign will be 4 player co-op enabled.  I guess the guys from the Bad Company have started off a full fledged russian Invasion of North America with their shennanigans in the first BF:BC.

There's gonna be 4 multiplayer modes. Conquest (classic BF) and Rush (aka Goldrush - my personal favourite), as well as two unannounced modes. Rumors have it, that the Titan mode (known from BF 2142) will make a return. Most believe, the 4th mode will be something along the lines of 'Horde' mode, as seen in Gears of War.

Anyways - BF : BC 2 will be one thight package. One hell of a vaule.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97

I'm guessing those screens are from the map that was shown in the most recent trailer, Atacama Desert.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    "I'm guessing those screens are from the map that was shown in the most recent trailer, Atacama Desert. "

Atacama is in Argentina, correct?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    "I'm guessing those screens are from the map that was shown in the most recent trailer, Atacama Desert. "
    Atacama is in Argentina, correct? "
    Chile actually. But this begs the question of why the US and Russian Army are battling it out in Chile of all places.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.