Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Beta thoughts

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By angelkanarias

Battlefield Bad Company 2 BETA

Great game. It's like a mix between MW2 and Bad Company 1. The new class types and all the weapons you can achieve are great. The UAV is pretty fun, except when team-mates just shoot you a missile to kill you while you use it. I still haven't achieved various tools, such as the bombardment thingy which brings in jet planes (looks great in-game) *EDIT* The jets jump in automatically, but supposedly you can call them in. I wouldn't say it's MW2 for DICE, and it's too soon to compare them, specially when I still don't have my MW2 copy and this is just a beta. But as a game it's great and it has loads of ways of approaching it.

But a thing you should know: The videos shown of the game seem to be PC videos, I compared the actual PS3 footage with the videos, and the videos look much better, so don't buy it for that. 

(Reposted this with a couple of edits, and the PSN video store section was removed, nobody gives a damn about spain.)

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

Battlefield Bad Company 2 BETA

Great game. It's like a mix between MW2 and Bad Company 1. The new class types and all the weapons you can achieve are great. The UAV is pretty fun, except when team-mates just shoot you a missile to kill you while you use it. I still haven't achieved various tools, such as the bombardment thingy which brings in jet planes (looks great in-game) *EDIT* The jets jump in automatically, but supposedly you can call them in. I wouldn't say it's MW2 for DICE, and it's too soon to compare them, specially when I still don't have my MW2 copy and this is just a beta. But as a game it's great and it has loads of ways of approaching it.

But a thing you should know: The videos shown of the game seem to be PC videos, I compared the actual PS3 footage with the videos, and the videos look much better, so don't buy it for that. 

(Reposted this with a couple of edits, and the PSN video store section was removed, nobody gives a damn about spain.)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

All the footage of the beta is indeed from the PS3. If you mean the trailers posted by DICE, then yes it probably is using the PC DX11 renderer. If you mean the "moments" gameplay videos from DICE, those are also on PS3.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelkanarias
    @MrKlorox said:
    " All the footage of the beta is indeed from the PS3. If you mean the trailers posted by DICE, then yes it probably is using the PC DX11 renderer. If you mean the "moments" gameplay videos from DICE, those are also on PS3. "
    Not the footage from the beta, I mean the trailers and moments. If the moments are also from the PS3 then I may have a sight problem. Still, the game is amazing on the PS3. I was just advising people who expect something amazingly different from Bad Company 1 and something such as MW2. But thanks for the tip.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Sorry. I was wrong about the moments videos. The second one was on 360 and you can tell by the buttons displayed onscreen. Unless it's on PC and they're all using 360 controllers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.