Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

How Are Online Players so Stupid

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

i was playing rush on isla Inocentes and we struggle to taking the second stage of crates then we get the third and they literally take the hill 
    as i am headed up the hill to fight i see a guy in a tank with a turret gunner shooting the opposite direction with a engineer repairing them (there was no helocopter in the air)
    I wish this game had a mandatory tutorial then maybe teammates might be a little better  
    am I the only one who thinks this

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Most people really, really suck at BC2. 

But there's always one guy who can kill you without even trying. Look out for him. He's always there, watching.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kashif1

Go with friends i guess

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

There will always be complete morons online, but BC2 has it so much worse than the first game.  I blame COD converts.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By goodwood

The fact that this game has such a high level of entry to play online keeps me from buying it. Other shooters such as Halo and the COD series can still be fun to beginners who are jumping in for the first time but BF doesnt seem to be that way.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671
    @goodwood said:
    " The fact that this game has such a high level of entry to play online keeps me from buying it. Other shooters such as Halo and the COD series can still be fun to beginners who are jumping in for the first time but BF doesnt seem to be that way. "
    Yes and no.  While Battlefield has a greater emphasis on tactics than those games, and therefore takes longer for new people to get a hold on, it also gives players a way to help out if they aren't any good/don't know what they're doing.  Tagging enemy vehicles, healing/reviving/re-supplying teammates, and manning UAVs can all be done well by just about anybody.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696
    @A_Wet_Shamwow: Geez, sorry dude. I saw some birds. Then later this stupid dog came up above the hill and started kissing the birds.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilbigsupermario

If they're already at level 20 and they're still acting stupid in the battlefield, then it's unforgivable.  But if you see your teammate to be at level 1-5 and still learning to drive the vehicles or trying to learn the basics of BFBC2, don't be elitists and give them a break.  They're just trying to have fun learning the game, especially players who just started playing FPS games. 

And I do believe BFBC2 caters to beginners since it does give you points in being a team player, not just on killing enemies.  So if you're still trying to get a hang of the game, you can give out med packs or ammo or tag targets with tracer darts or spot enemies.  You can actually gain like 1000 points just doing team-support actions.  Unlike in the Call of Duty games, you enter the war zone and the only way to gain points is to kill, so if you're a beginner, you'll just get killed without gaining points (or just minimal points).

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kishan6
    @goodwood said:
    " The fact that this game has such a high level of entry to play online keeps me from buying it. Other shooters such as Halo and the COD series can still be fun to beginners who are jumping in for the first time but BF doesnt seem to be that way. "
    the old battlefields were that way 
    the new bad companies arent like that really
    MarkYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MarkYoung

I agree with the mandatory tutorial, especially with helicopters. It's so frustrating to get in one and have the pilot go flying backwards into something as soon as they lift off the ground

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By animateria

I dunno, tutorial in grammar might be nice too.

Cause you know? Online players are so stupid.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By sumbog

I find that sorta ridicules in games when people can't drive vehicles. I went from being a casual battlefield 2 player, quit to play "Call of Duty 4", then quit that to play "Arma 2", and was still able to hop right into Bad Company 2 earlier this year.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By canucks23

There are so many stupid people playing games online that it's mind blowing. I end up thinking about this almost everytime i play a game online. it gets frustrating after a while.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By RandomHero666
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " There will always be complete morons online, but BC2 has it so much worse than the first game.  I blame COD converts. "
    Took the words right out of my.. mind.
    Most people who play BC2 use the same tactics as they do in COD, and it really really does not work.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti

Tutorials don't cure stupidity :(

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Heartagram
    @A_Wet_Shamwow: You should add me. (Heartagram1028 on 360) I don't have the VIP stuff because its just rented now but would still play some games with you.
    @goodwood: I just started a week ago and even the first day i was getting top scores on my team. This is my first BF game since 1942 that i have played a lot. So yeah i would say not that high a barrier.
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Wait a minute.  You have to complete those objectives things to win?  I though I just had to get points.  Anyway including repairing and using other specs.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @SoothsayerGB said:

" Wait a minute.  You have to complete those objectives things to win?  I though I just had to get points.  Anyway including repairing and using other specs. "

My objective is to get an overall K/D ratio higher than 2.
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KimChi4U

Lately, my objective is to get into a match where my team isn't getting rolled over and spanked. I keep getting into matches that are already winding down and I always seem to get placed on the abysmal side. The last conquest match I got into, our team had 12 tickets and the other team had 209...full teams each side. I promptly hit the start button and and got out of that game as fast as I could.
    goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goodwood

Well I guess I was wrong as people are telling me that BFBC2 can be accessible to newcomers I think I might get it soon if the price is right and try it out. I have played 1943 quite a bit but I know that that game was dumbed down.

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Log

Jakob and I have talked about this before.. mostly about WoW. Weve always said that you should have to take some sort of test and based on how you score it gives you a list of servers you can play on. Weve also talked about how in online shooters you should gain access to higher lobbies with better players based on how well you perform the task for the mode youre playing ( high kill/death ratio in TDM etc...), but also to help avoid people boosting off noobs make it where you cant drop into lower brackets once youve reached a certain tier of play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.