Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

I might be wrong but...

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By andymp

as much as I love this game, I thought I was going to be able to blow every part of every building up. Seems to still be parts that won't explode (staircases for one) on some buildings.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Having everyone entirely destructible would be bad.

Mortar strikes are already pretty overpowered. Until we get to the point where map designs compose of several dozen buildings in one location or so, you're not going to be seeing all of the buildings collapse.

jeffk38uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By jeffk38uk

Its a balance of gameplay and difficulty I believe. If it really was ascompletely destructable, everyone would just mortor the place, or grenade every building till they fall down rather than actually go in and clear out the opposition.

Although it would be a sight to see if we get a map thats set in a cityscape.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By shikon

waht they should do is make  concrete buildings fall apart a little slower. 1 40mm grenade on you lost basicly a whole wall =X
    i get why they made certain parts not destructable. but its a pain in the ass when you can't take out the squad on teh second floor by blowing up the wooden celing above you...

and yeah i think its a shame they didn't make a big in door or city like map. but i'm geussing this would have been to much destruction 2.0 for a server to handle =p

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i was dissapointed at first also but it seems well balanced. 

However learning what is destructible and what is not takes time, and is kind of a pain in the ass during multiplayer since the lesson costs you a death. Indestructible fences and road barriers and stumps that stop a tank..not that cool. I am already starting to notice which parts are indestructible so I hide behind those..and thats cheesy isnt it

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario

if everything is destructible in the game, then players will just spam tank shots and recon will just mortar everything from afar until the map becomes a plain field hehe! although it would be cool if you could shoot a mountain side using a grenade launcher and it will cause a landslide hahaha!

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ryax

think of how awesome and hectic bc2 can get. then think of how the destruction of RFG was. if you mix that destruction with the gameplay of bc2. it would be ridiculous.

philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By philuk19

I do think its a case of balance, not the game engine limitations. The destruction currently works very well.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By spaceturtle

While I think the destruction is a nice effect to the visual aspect of the game, I really dont care about it more than that. It makes some moments incredible intens, which is awesome! And I occasionally use it to kill or attack enemeys who are hiding behind wall, barriers etc... But if the whole world/map and all buildings was completly destructable it wouldnt be too much of a game. After a while of gameplay on one match there would be nothing but ruins and open fields on the map.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn

I don't see why the stairs can't collapse, it makes sense in the few buildings where the M com station is upstairs, but everywhere else its just stupid. 

@SPACETURTLE said:

" While I think the destruction is a nice effect to the visual aspect of the game, I really dont care about it more than that. It makes some moments incredible intens, which is awesome! And I occasionally use it to kill or attack enemeys who are hiding behind wall, barriers etc... But if the whole world/map and all buildings was completly destructable it wouldnt be too much of a game. After a while of gameplay on one match there would be nothing but ruins and open fields on the map. "
    Destroyed to a point is fine, but I think sometimes that DICE was a little scared of pushing it a little, is there really any reason for why you cannot destroy a building's support beams? Why the invincible 'skeleton' like there was in the first game? 
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

The destruction 2.0 is such crap though, it's just destruction 1, but now buildings have health and a canned animation when they die, basically. You just die automatically if you're in the general area, which is also stupid. I dunno, I feel like it was just marketing overhyping it all. Fully destructible buildings would be amazing, though.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Evilmetal

destruction 2.0  seems to be just marketing. It seems like:  " if (all walls of building blown out) then initiate collapse animation." With respect to certain buildings. 

I remember playing port valdez on pc beta and I put C4 on the columns of MCOM A during the part where defenders get apache (the MCOM across the warehouse in the building... the warehouse is B and across the road in that rectangular building is A I think...)
     I put C4 on the rectangular building columns and blew it and it didn't fall................ so stupid. It's not real destruction... if it's anything one might as well call it "scripted destruction 2.0" ...

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was expecting to be able to shoot small holes in the walls of buildings too, but from the demo it seems you cannot.  I was a bit bummed about that.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Mikemcn: 
    In BC2 buildings can collapse completely, right? Well, I cant seem to remember there being any stairs left standing there after a building has collapsed. While stairs to buildings which arent completely destructible the stairs remain whatever you do to them. But the point of that I would guess is so you actually can get inside the top of the building. That aint stupid!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

If you want "destroy every little thing", then I'd suggest Red Faction Guerrilla. 

Otherwise, just realize that the collapsing and destruction is balanced out...and move on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.