Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

M1 Garand vs. M14 EBR

MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MXC361

I can't decide which one of these weapons I like more! I prefer the Garand's sights (although they're not historically accurate), and I like the look of the Garand. But, I like how the M14 has 10 bullets compared to the Garands 8. The guns are just so similar, and they perform nearly equally. What are your thoughts?
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x

The M14 is better, IIRC. I don't really use either, but from my experience the EBR has actually been more consistent for me. With it, I've always only needed two shots, though the Garand always needs a third or even fourth in my experiences. Use them both if you like them both, would be my suggestion :)

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ShaneDev

I like both the same I almost have a platinum with the M1 and then I will move on to the M14 but from what I used the M1 seems more accurate.

MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By MXC361
    @ShaneDev said:
    "I like both the same I almost have a platinum with the M1 and then I will move on to the M14 but from what I used the M1 seems more accurate. "

Same here. It appears, to me at least, that the Garand is a tad more accurate.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Downandout

Garand performs better at extreme ranges I feel, mainly because the sight is a lot easier to aim with pinpoint accuracy, prefer the M14 for medium to short range though because of the 2 extra bullets and slightly less recoil when fired fast.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Donos

I slightly prefer the Garand, but I'll take the G3 over both. It's just as accurate and powerful if you fire it properly, and you always have automatic if you happen to need it.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By infininja

The two guns are functionally identical, aside the obvious differences in rounds, sights, and reload time. The M14 is the better weapon unless you really prefer the M1's sights.

@xMP44x: Neither have been a two-shot kill since the extra damage was removed from consoles. They're both 3 shots against a normal opponent at all ranges when magnum ammo is used (barring headshots).

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wasara88

both are great but i prefer the sights on M1 and tend to use it. Both are great choises though. Now playing mostly as an engineer getting mine kills and using either the G3 or M1

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

I do much better with the M1. Sometimes it seems like I'm killing enemies without really hitting them.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

how do you get it?!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

M1 Garand

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.