Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Platinum Stars

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By emkeighcameron

All right, getting one of these things is a freaking achievement and a half, so let's all brag about it here.

I got mine with the 870 MCS shotgun (yeah, that shitty shotgun you get almost right away) last night. All thanks to the combined glory of slugs and magnum rounds.

How about you guys? Who else has wasted enough time to get a platty?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm about to get one on my AKS 74u, I love that gun.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By raiz265

have one with my beloved Saiga 

going for a 2nd one now, but i don't know what gun i should use...

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe

About to get one in the M60 i believe.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jkz

M1911 is getting there; I love that damn pistol, it's all I use. 

Also getting close with a couple shotguns; I mainly use shotungs with 12G slugs and the G3 to level Medic and Recon, since I dislike LMGs, and shotguns are more versatile than Snipers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ emkeighcameron  
    You crazy shotgun sniper maniac, was that on PC? I can't imagine achieving that with my 360 pad. No platinum for me, but I just achieved maximum unlocks so I might go for the SVU platinum, I love the motion mines and the anti-tank recon front line abilities (mortar, C4), the SVU is just like an ultra powerful SMG.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Half way there for my Knife platinum star. Gonna take a while, but I'll hit knife first.

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeneralTurkle

My knife is 25 kills away :]

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SilentCommando

I hit platinum with heavy vehicles recently because I'm pretty wicked with a tank :). Also am about 200 kills away from platinum with the M60.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

I'm working on my VSS platinum, and then it'll be on to...hell, I don't know what gun after that.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @kingando420 said:
    " @ emkeighcameron   You crazy shotgun sniper maniac, was that on PC? I can't imagine achieving that with my 360 pad. No platinum for me, but I just achieved maximum unlocks so I might go for the SVU platinum, I love the motion mines and the anti-tank recon front line abilities (mortar, C4), the SVU is just like an ultra powerful SMG. "
    Yeah PC, for sure, I can't imagine doing that on a gamepad. Then again I suck at gamepads anyway.

I'm still trying to decide what gun to go for next. Probably the SPAS, since it's so similar to the 870, so I kind of know how to handle it.

And to you guys getting platinums with the knife: that's nuts. That's a LOT of stabbed eyeballs.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Seppli

M16A2, M60, M2CG, Heavy Vehicles. 

At least one goldstar for every weapon, gadget and vehicle - except for the Thomson, Garand (both bugged) and Boats (lack of opportunity). 

Next up - PP2000 (9 Goldstars).  

Got several guns/gadgets at 4 goldstars. 

Link to my stats @ elxx

zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zeefoes

M24 only, I don't plan on getting anything else in the near future since I don't play enough.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

Just got my PP2000 platinum star. Will be a while 'til my next platinum star is due. Most likely 40mm HE grenades, which is at 7 stars right now. 

Just rediscovered the XM8 Prototype assault rifle. Boyo - does that gun sound awesome. And it handles very well too. I'll be going for goldstar 3 with it tomorrow.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Leptok

Bit off topic, but it prob doesnt deserve a thread so I'll hijack this.

Does the Garand count towards that all weapons bronze star thing? I really hope not.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I've got it on the MP-443 and M95.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By infininja
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " I got mine with the 870 MCS shotgun (yeah, that shitty shotgun you get almost right away) last night. All thanks to the combined glory of slugs and magnum rounds.  "
    Why bother using magnum with slugs? Are you really worried about body armor players or something?

@emkeighcameron said:
    " Probably the SPAS, since it's so similar to the 870, so I kind of know how to handle it.  And to you guys getting platinums with the knife: that's nuts. That's a LOT of stabbed eyeballs. "
    The M870, SPAS, and NS2000 (as are the SAIGA and USAS) are basically clones of each other, minus some differences in reloading.

I'm at about my 6th gold star for knifing. Have the platinum for the M1911.

@Seppli said:
    " At least one goldstar for every weapon, gadget and vehicle - except for the Thomson, Garand (both bugged) and Boats (lack of opportunity). "
    Garand kills count for Thompson kills, so you can at least get that.

@Leptok said:
    " Bit off topic, but it prob doesnt deserve a thread so I'll hijack this.    Does the Garand count towards that all weapons bronze star thing? I really hope not. "
    Because of the bugs with the Thompson and Garand, it's really impossible to tell how it should work, but currently it's impossible to get gold stars in all weapons. No weapon kills count toward Garand stars. :\
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By xMP44x

The highest star I have is Silver. And I have it with the M249, SCAR-L, the Uzi and a couple of other guns. Also, how do you get a Platinum Star? I heard it was by getting 10 Gold Stars with a weapon, but that seems insanely high. How many kills would you need with a weapon for Gold as well? Sorry if this ran a little off topic.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @Infininja said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:
    " I got mine with the 870 MCS shotgun (yeah, that shitty shotgun you get almost right away) last night. All thanks to the combined glory of slugs and magnum rounds.  "
    Why bother using magnum with slugs? Are you really worried about body armor players or something?

@emkeighcameron said:
    " Probably the SPAS, since it's so similar to the 870, so I kind of know how to handle it.  And to you guys getting platinums with the knife: that's nuts. That's a LOT of stabbed eyeballs. "
    The M870, SPAS, and NS2000 (as are the SAIGA and USAS) are basically clones of each other, minus some differences in reloading.

I'm at about my 6th gold star for knifing. Have the platinum for the M1911.

The magnum increases the effective killing range of the slugs, since the damage drops off noticeably at distance. It would be nice to have the extended tube upgrade instead, but the extra damage is just too good to pass up. Plus, it helps out with the pistol damage, too.

I'm working on platinum for the NS2000, now. I have decided I absolutely hate the SPAS. It takes up more of my view, and does less damage than the 870. Why the hell does it require a higher rank to use, anyway?

I also just got x8 gold star with the knife >.>

Platinum for the 1911 is awesome, the most I have with any pistol is a x2 gold star (with the M9, I think).
    Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Leptok
    @Infininja

I was wondering more about the patch, has anyone been able to get it? There's that one for having all weapon bronze stars. I was wondering if that achievement  needed the garand to be unlocked.
    Darko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Darko

Got it with the knife and the m60 on the PC version.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'm working on getting a platinum for the M16A2....right now I'm at 3x Gold.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By infininja
    @Leptok said:

" @Infininja  I was wondering more about the patch, has anyone been able to get it? There's that one for having all weapon bronze stars. I was wondering if that achievement  needed the garand to be unlocked. "

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm guessing yes, you do need the Garand unlocked to earn the insignia, since currently the Garand is my only gun left to bronze star (and I don't have the patch).  The problem is I can't be sure of this because the stat tracking is glitched and that patch is currently unobtainable

The M1A1 Thompson does not track its own stats (and kills with it do not count towards any stars). The M1 Garand's kills count towards towards the M1A1 Thompson's stars and possibly even the kills/time used itself, but don't display that on the in-game stats page (but might on third party stats pages??).

@emkeighcameron:

Hmm, I'm not sure what your source is that says the SPAS does any less damage than the other pump actions. That's not what I've been told. http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Otherwise yeah, I haven't experimented too much with the slugs, besides trying out the shotgun sniping. I guess even with the so-called damaged reduction, the OHK range to the body looks larger than buckshot if your aim is true.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Garrus

Late post but I have a platinum star for my knife, and a platinum in heavy vehicles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.