The Epic Randomness Of Battlefield Is Pure Win

#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

  

   
 
Courtesy of Zipper42. Epic randomness only a highly dynamical game like Battlefield can offer. This little video very much signifies why I am all about Battlefield.
#2 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

haha nice

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Ok.

#4 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Ok. "
Dude - that was FATE right there. KARMA. You name it! 
 
Battlefield got spades of FATE, KARMA and all types of FORTUNES in it. What other games do that? Not many!
#5 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

that was pretty funny

#6 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

 

 

#7 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Weltal: it makes me sad when people say that stuff out loud...
#8 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

lmao. but karma for what? camping? 

#9 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" lmao. but karma for what? camping?  "
Looks like a chopper crew whoring for the chopper spawn on Atacama Desert. Bad Karma ensues.
#10 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@arab_prince: Probably for those people who do nothing but wait for a helicopter all game. I laughed at the engineer who was just about to join them. "Uhhhh... maybe I should reconsider."
#11 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Unfortunately in my experience with Battlefield games, the other 99.99% of the game is me getting killed by tanks/snipers/campers and teammates driving away from me.

#12 Posted by Phantom_Crash (298 posts) -

Awesome Randomness, I approve.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

Oh DUDE! XD 
 
Also, how come the 360 version is the only version with black boxes behind all of the text?

#14 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Seppli said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" Ok. "
Dude - that was FATE right there. KARMA. You name it!  Battlefield got spades of FATE, KARMA and all types of FORTUNES in it. What other games do that? Not many! "
No fortunes in BC2 just bad company.
#15 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

awesome vid! that's just really hanging out at the wrong place and at the wrong time lol!

#16 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@lilbigsupermario: Serves them right, they are waiting for a helicopter doing nothing while all the bases are capped by the enemy.
#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Seppli said:
"This little video very much signifies why I am all about Battlefield. "
be my valentine
#18 Posted by kingando420 (210 posts) -

lol, awesome.

#19 Posted by kingando420 (210 posts) -

lol, awesome.

#20 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -
@FrankCanada97:  LOL! They did get a helicopter, but just the tail on their heads hahaha!
#21 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" Oh DUDE! XD  Also, how come the 360 version is the only version with black boxes behind all of the text? "
I've noticed that every version has the black boxes behind the text when it's recorded, but i've never had the black boxes myself on any version. Mind you i've only played the full version on ps3 and just the demo on 360.
#22 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -
@canucks23 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Oh DUDE! XD  Also, how come the 360 version is the only version with black boxes behind all of the text? "
I've noticed that every version has the black boxes behind the text when it's recorded, but i've never had the black boxes myself on any version. Mind you i've only played the full version on ps3 and just the demo on 360. "
I believe the HD removes the black boxes. Not sure though.
#23 Posted by HistoryInRust (6307 posts) -

Anyone else like the phrase "highly dynamical"?

#24 Posted by Karbon (10 posts) -

that was hilarious...imma watch it again

#25 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Weltal:  Why did I click it again? Why!?
#26 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" @canucks23 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Oh DUDE! XD  Also, how come the 360 version is the only version with black boxes behind all of the text? "
I've noticed that every version has the black boxes behind the text when it's recorded, but i've never had the black boxes myself on any version. Mind you i've only played the full version on ps3 and just the demo on 360. "
I believe the HD removes the black boxes. Not sure though. "
Hmmm... You could be right there, as i've only played in HD.
#27 Posted by jkz (4025 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Weltal:  Why did I click it again? Why!? "
Oh my god I know; I know that I really do NOT want to hear it again, and yet every time I see it I just have to click it, and then I end up feeling embarrassed
#28 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Weltal:  Why did I click it again? Why!? "
i clicked on it too. now i regret it
#29 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -

That was pretty fucking cool!

#30 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

The title of this thread makes me want to punch somebody.

#31 Posted by TheHT (11242 posts) -

LOL the guy running towards them decides to turn and go somewhere else.
 
Wow I feel like buying this game now.

#32 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -

I think more people should post similar videos from the game.

#33 Posted by skaune (82 posts) -

Well. That was unexpected.

#34 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

It took me two views to get it but that's pretty funny.
 
Also does the game actually say "EPIC FAIL?" I'm guessing that was edited in, but if it wasn't...

#35 Edited by Depth (355 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:

" @lilbigsupermario: Serves them right, they are waiting for a helicopter doing nothing while all the bases are capped by the enemy. "

Yeah, and i bet if they did get a chopper they would  get shot down and do the same thing again. 
 
 
And yes,  it says EPIC FAIL when you suicide.
#36 Posted by Tesla (1921 posts) -

lol 
 
Battlefield rules

#37 Posted by Quipido (636 posts) -
@Depth said:
...And yes, it says EPIC FAIL when you suicide....
 
You are right, but it's sometimes just plain stupid from the game, like when you take out 3 enemies and yourself with C4 while playing defence in rush. The sacrifice in that case is totally meaningfull. Not to mention you don't get any EXP for that multikill because of the bug... your exp earned after you die are displayed in "combo meter", but they are not added to your score. And that is Epic Fail of the game tbh.
#38 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

I killed 4 people with an ATV in one life today. 3 of those kills were total accidents.

#39 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -
@Chuggsy said:
"The title of this thread makes me want to punch somebody. "

Thank god it's not just me.
#40 Posted by Valco (328 posts) -
@Adziboy said:
"@Chuggsy said:
"The title of this thread makes me want to punch somebody. "
Thank god it's not just me. "

Yeah I must confess I did cringe
#41 Edited by giancarlo123x (69 posts) -

#42 Posted by Boomheadshot92 (29 posts) -

Lmao, you must of slid about 30 feet xD
#43 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@Weltal said:
"  
 

"
Haha, wtf is this from?
#44 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@floodiastus: IGN

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.