Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield Heroes

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 25, 2009

Battlefield Heroes is EA DICE's casual take on the Battlefield series. It features a cartoon-like graphical style and is played from a third person perspective. It is also a "Play 4 Free" game.

art direction

scurrybot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scurrybot

the environments got an awesome look to them. its a dream finally coming true, been able to run around with a machine gun in amario kart level.  the vehicles look alright i guess. the tanks cute, but both the plane and jeep look a bit much like their "realworld" counterparts for my taste. bout the characters im not convinced. the customization looks real potent but most of the characters seem to end up pretty similar in the end.
    these are just obervations ive done based on screens and videos of the game. havent played it yet. any thoughts by anyone whos tried it?

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlindEffekt

I haven't tryed it, but anywhere i go i see at least one "THEY COPIED TF2 OMGGGG".
    I guess if you ignore the similarities the game does look pretty unique and eye catching.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Termite
    BlindEffekt said:
    "I haven't tryed it, but anywhere i go i see at least one "THEY COPIED TF2 OMGGGG".
    I guess if you ignore the similarities the game does look pretty unique and eye catching.

"
    Well of course if you ignore the similarities the game looks unique.

The gameplay itself looks pretty decent, but you have to agree that they did get some ideas from TF2 when it comes to art
    waterglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By waterglass

well.....every single forum you go to that has something on art direction someone always says somthing like "OMG!!!!!!!!!! TF2 COPY!!!!!!!!"
    but personally, I think it's fine

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By xplodedd

i don't know, the whole relax, its cartoon looks like tf2 to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nothing wrong with similar art styles. Ours is an open industry. People borrow elements from other games all the time. New games build upon the accomplishments of the old. Or sometimes warp them beyond all recognition. :P

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jmrwacko
    scurrybot said:
    its a dream finally coming true, been able to run around with a machine gun in amario kart level.
    Haha sounds like you haven't played the infamous custom map for TF2 then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.