Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 is receiving a significant price drop

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Looks like Nintendo is dropping the price of Bayonetta 2 to $29.99 on February 19th. Considering that the only physical version of this game is about $90 new and used copies still fetch around $55, this is a pretty great announcement. Unlike the current physical version it won't include the original Bayonetta, but that's cheaply available on other systems.

I also think that it's not too much of a stretch to assume that the Smash Bros DLC including Bayonetta may release in late February/early March based on this tweet.

Either way, Bayonetta 2 is a great game and more people should play it!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@quid_pro_bono: Hey man I really do want to play it, I just wish it wasn't locked behind Nintendo exclusivity.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@humanity: Yeah but you can't really fault Nintendo when they bankrolled development. In a world where I have to choose between no Bayonetta 2 and Bayonetta 2 exclusively on Wii U, I'll take the latter.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Too bad the WiiU's Korean release was canceled. Screw you Nintendo.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I bought this on release, didn't even take it out of the shrink wrap and I have absolutely no idea why. The increase in game prices in Canada might actually start saving me from making horrible mistakes in the future.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I was thinking about people saying that 2015's top ten would blow the entirety of 2014's games out of the water, and while that may largely be true I think that my top two from that year (Bayo 2 and Jazzpunk) would absolutely fit in my 2015 list. Bayo 2 would still be fighting it out for the #1 spot for me. That game is incredible.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

Oh shit, I was planning on picking up the set with both Bayonettas for my Wii U. Now I have to worry about which version I'm getting to make sure the first game is included.

But great for people who've already played the first one.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: bayo 1 is $30 on eshop if that's any consolation.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quid_pro_bono: I get what you're saying but it has always been a poor excuse. It is what it is though. In my world the difference between Bayonetta 2 existing on Wii U only or not existing at all is an extremely small one.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I start with Bayonetta 1? I've never played either

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: Sure why not, it's still one of the best character action games to come out in a long time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: Sure why not, it's still one of the best character action games to come out in a long time.

IF not the best character action game of the last generation. Not that they make a whole lot of these anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.