Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Why Wii U, why?

• 116 results
    FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@Hailinel said:

Oh, now this is rich.

So apparently there's a movement by supposedly hardcore Bayonetta fans to boycott the game and only buy it used. Though as the article linked above notes at the end, in order to do that, they'd still have to buy a Wii U to play it.

Man, boycotts are weird.

I seriously hope that is just a whole bunch of people really not thinking things through, because if it is intentional it could quite possibly be one of the most disgusting things gamers have done. I'm just going to say it right now: anyone who actually follows through with that idea is worse than scum. I've got nothing against people who want to boycott the game based on this decision - if someone wants to stand up and say "I disagree with this game being exclusively on the Wii-U, and therefore I will not be playing it", I may not agree with them, but I'll at least respect their decision.

However, this whole notion of "I'm going to buy the game used just to teach the developers a lesson" is sickening. As it has already been pointed out, such an act requires a purchase of a Wii-U meaning they've already given Nintendo their money, and it means they obviously wanted the game badly enough to purchase the new console in the first place. It is just punishing the developers who are probably just happy someone actually agreed to publish a sequel to the game in the first place.

On top of that, it's just so half-assed. It's wanting to have their cake, and eat it as well. They can't go without playing the game, but they still feel so outraged they try to find underhanded ways such as this so they don't have to make any sacrifices. If people want to boycott something, they should have the guts to actually boycott it. And the really annoying part: if this actually happens, and enough people buy it used to cause the game undersell so a sequel won't get green lit, all those "fans" will start bitching how Nintendo is screwing them over by not giving them a third Bayonetta game.

It is really hard to convince myself this industry is worth taking seriously sometimes. Time after time, more and more crap like this emerges and I just do not see an end in sight. It is really getting depressing.

muralbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By muralbat

As above, this is beyond pathetic. Anyone involved in doing the above is pathetic. It's a game that you want on a system your not happy about. Don't get your developers out of the job because your angry that a game you love isn't coming to you.

Sometimes, 'Gamers' as the ones in that article or (on the whole) anyone that decided to boycott something they love because they're upset about a certain factor is a waste of time. What happened to people enjoying games and playing them. I feel like we're a dying breed

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@muralbat said:

Sometimes, 'Gamers' as the ones in that article or (on the whole) anyone that decided to boycott something they love because they're upset about a certain factor is a waste of time. What happened to people enjoying games and playing them. I feel like we're a dying breed

See, I actually disagree with this point. The boycott can actually be a powerful tool when used right, and I think this is one of those situations where it really could have been. As I said before, I have no problem with anyone who wants to take a stand and say "since this is being released on a platform I do not like, I will not be buying this game". Of course, the effectiveness of such an act is questionable as it would really just mean less of a chance of another game in the series ever getting made, but at least someone like that is actually willing to make a sacrifice.

If someone is willing to sacrifice something they love, because they strongly disagree with a certain involved factor, I have nothing but respect for them; it takes a lot of character to be able to stick to something like that. Basically what the people who actually want to boycott it are saying is "despite the fact I love this game, I am not going to buy your console Nintendo just to be able to play more of it". That could actually have some potential to do some good (Granted, I'm aware it will probably just convince Nintendo not to make any more games in the series, as I said before, but I can at least see the intention behind it. There is a sense of nobility behind it, even if it is slightly misguided).

It's really just these people who can't even go without playing the game but still want to "take a stand" that I find utterly despicable.

muralbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By muralbat

No that's why I said on the whole, because I think when, as above, people who do it for the right reasons and go about it the right way, I commend those people.

I should've have worded what I meant differently as to not cause confusion but I agree that if you hate something so much, like the Wii U, but then decide to buy that and then pre own the game to say a big FU to the devs, thats what gets me. Thats what I meant by 'certain factors'

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By Yanngc33

Why not?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@Senno:

“We are not viewing this as a change of platform. We were looking for a partner to create Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo was a strong, cooperative partner that was willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]. As a result the platform became the Wii U.”

“Because of the Wii U GamePad, we are putting extra thought into how to use these differentiating features. There’s a difference in the game design side, but we are enjoying the challenges of creating games for new hardware.”

Atsushi Inaba

https://www.facebook.com/BuyBayonetta2

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By Morrow

@Willy105 said:

@Morrow said:

Well it's cool to see a sequel since I really enjoyed the first game, but I won't get a Wii U, so no Bayonetta 2 for me...

Why do people torture themselves like this? Is it like part of a religion or something?

Torture? You're overrating things. I don't plan to buy more than one next-gen console because I have a full-time job and a real life, so I wouldn't have time to concentrate on more than one console. And so far I've been happy with my PS3 so I'll stick with Sony.

Playing the Bayonetta sequel would have been fun, but there will be lots of other fun games too, so who cares.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#108  Edited By Hailinel

@Morrow said:

@Willy105 said:

@Morrow said:

Well it's cool to see a sequel since I really enjoyed the first game, but I won't get a Wii U, so no Bayonetta 2 for me...

Why do people torture themselves like this? Is it like part of a religion or something?

Torture? You're overrating things. I don't plan to buy more than one next-gen console because I have a full-time job and a real life, so I wouldn't have time to concentrate on more than one console. And so far I've been happy with my PS3 so I'll stick with Sony.

Playing the Bayonetta sequel would have been fun, but there will be lots of other fun games too, so who cares.

That's not really an excuse. Also, it makes you sound arrogant.

I have a well-paying, full-time job, multiple consoles and handhelds, and a real life. A lot of people are the same.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Morrow

@Hailinel said:

@Morrow said:

@Willy105 said:

@Morrow said:

I have a well-paying, full-time job, multiple consoles and handhelds, and a real life. A lot of people are the same.

Excuse? Why would I make an excuse for anything, I'm merely stating my opinion and view. I simply wouldn't have time to concentrate on multiple consoles. One console plus one handheld is more than enough for me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#110  Edited By Hailinel

@Morrow said:

@Hailinel said:

@Morrow said:

@Willy105 said:

@Morrow said:

Excuse? Why would I make an excuse for anything, I'm merely stating my opinion and view. I simply wouldn't have time to concentrate on multiple consoles. One console plus one handheld is more than enough for me.

The way you worded it made it sound like "I have an actual life, as opposed to anyone with more than one console."

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

This guy, lol

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

"Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers..."

Platinum CEO Tatsuya Minami.

Good luck with that...

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By evanbower

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

"Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers..."

Good luck with that...

Timely.

baymoonetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By baymoonetta

I so happy That bayonetta is back and thats all for me

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xomero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Xomero

@Senno said:

If that is truly the case, why bring the game to a system that isn't even out yet, doesn't have a built in fanbase, and won't be able to reach as many people as you would if you released it on the systems that the first title was on? Answer me that Platinum.

And it helps out both companies. As I saw written by others, Nintendo picked up after it was dropped. Not only that but because they're releasing it on their new and upcoming system that people are iffy about, it started to bring a crowd in. It's tries to get this big AAA titles to help out the sales of the Wii U and try to get back the third-party support that it had lost from the Wii. (Most of the games for the Wii were copies of each other and didn't really expand from the same controls of gameplays.) The Wii U is practically sold out everywhere and it isn't even on sale yet, and you're lucky if you can find a place where you can reserve it without having to resort to a 3rd party seller who is up charging it because he was able to reserve one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.