Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

I'm finally getting to play Bayonetta.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By thomasonfa

I finally was able to get this game for under $20. So far, it is okay. I don't see how people would be willing to pay $60 for it. However, it is well worth the price I paid. I guess as I get older, I'm not enjoying button mashing as much. 
    What makes Bayonetta appealing is seeing the result of the combos. I really love the way her hair becomes a demon. Hopefully I will be able to beat this weekend or tonight. Well, to all happy gaming.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thomasonfa

I finally was able to get this game for under $20. So far, it is okay. I don't see how people would be willing to pay $60 for it. However, it is well worth the price I paid. I guess as I get older, I'm not enjoying button mashing as much. 
    What makes Bayonetta appealing is seeing the result of the combos. I really love the way her hair becomes a demon. Hopefully I will be able to beat this weekend or tonight. Well, to all happy gaming.

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Noodlearms
    @thomasonfa said:
    " I finally was able to get this game for under $20. So far, it is okay. I don't see how people would be willing to pay $60 for it. However, it is well worth the price I paid. I guess as I get older, I'm not enjoying button mashing as much. What makes Bayonetta appealing is seeing the result of the combos. I really love the way her hair becomes a demon. Hopefully I will be able to beat this weekend or tonight. Well, to all happy gaming. "
    The casual nature of that statement made me lol.
    Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tricks73r

lol, but seriously, if you're just mashing buttons, you're playing 3rd person action games wrong. Don't get me wrong, I know that you can get through them on normal doing so, but you've just ruined what could have been a great 12 hours of your life smashing X and Y.

hakooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By hakooon

I really want to try Bayonetta, just because it looks so crazy! :)

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

If you don't enjoy button mashing, either skip Normal and play on Hard right away, or try to go for the higher ranks by beating enemies fast, stylishly, and without getting hit. The game is incredibly deep, but if you play on Normal and don't care about ranks, you're not gonna get to see any of that complexity -- you're doing both the game and yourself a disservice.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By blazerx9x

i`ve been DIEING to play that game, the only thing is, I heard it`s better for 360, gosh, things always have to be so hard

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

To fully enjoy Bayonetta, you MUST:

Play on NORMAL or higher, and not easy or very easy.
    Resign yourself to the fact that you're going to die several times a level, at least until you get better.

The game only comes into its own when it's NOT played as a button masher.  Don't ruin the true experience for yourself.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thomasonfa
    @SpaceInsomniac: @blazerx9x: @Icemael: @Tricks73r: I will take all of your advance. Normally I just don't "mash buttons" but this game I feel like that is what I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but I'm use to Ninja Gaiden, as you may know, it is a more precise game when it comes  to doing the combos or kill moves I want to do.  
    I'm still learning this game, I just wish I could turn on the input during game play so I will know when to pause between hitting the next button.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Bayonetta is best enjoyed when you try to get a high ranking and/or clear the game without dying.  If you don't care about continuing constantly and don't try to learn to play with some grace and care, then you're not going to get that much out of the combat.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thomasonfa
    @hakooon:    Here's your chance, its only $20 at Best Buy this week for both systems. Remember, some stores even price match, like Sears.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.