Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Oh dear god that was hard (spoilers)

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Shadow

Okay so as you  may or may not know, you unlock the ability to buy a platinum ticket from Rodin after earning 10,000,000 halos throughout the game.  Since there is a fairly easy way to game the system and get an insane combo (and therefore rack up an insane amount of money) on the level 7 boss, getting that otherwise ridiculous amount of cash isn't too hard.  You can buy the platinum ticket for 999,999 and as your reward, you get to fight the game's true, by far hardest boss, Rodin himself.  You can't use items in this fight and without having unlocked the most powerful weapon or accessory in the game (pillow talk and climax bracelet), it was truly a daunting task to kill him because he will destroy you on 5-6 hits with a fully upgraded health bar, and he has the most health of anyone in the game, including what most people think of as the final boss.  Anyway, after hours upon hours of trying and retrying this fight, swearing up a storm as I did it, I finally beat him and unlocked the weapon you get for doing so.  Now as to the reason for this post, I normally don't go for super hard stuff when there isn't an achievement involved.  However, by taking it to that next level, I got more of a sense of accomplishment from doing this fight than I've had for getting any achievement in a long time.  This has actually reminded me something I've forgotten recently:  you don't need an achievement to justify doing something challenging and living up to that challenge is a reward in and of itself.  Long story short....I think I'm going to get Demon's Souls

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Shadow

Okay so as you  may or may not know, you unlock the ability to buy a platinum ticket from Rodin after earning 10,000,000 halos throughout the game.  Since there is a fairly easy way to game the system and get an insane combo (and therefore rack up an insane amount of money) on the level 7 boss, getting that otherwise ridiculous amount of cash isn't too hard.  You can buy the platinum ticket for 999,999 and as your reward, you get to fight the game's true, by far hardest boss, Rodin himself.  You can't use items in this fight and without having unlocked the most powerful weapon or accessory in the game (pillow talk and climax bracelet), it was truly a daunting task to kill him because he will destroy you on 5-6 hits with a fully upgraded health bar, and he has the most health of anyone in the game, including what most people think of as the final boss.  Anyway, after hours upon hours of trying and retrying this fight, swearing up a storm as I did it, I finally beat him and unlocked the weapon you get for doing so.  Now as to the reason for this post, I normally don't go for super hard stuff when there isn't an achievement involved.  However, by taking it to that next level, I got more of a sense of accomplishment from doing this fight than I've had for getting any achievement in a long time.  This has actually reminded me something I've forgotten recently:  you don't need an achievement to justify doing something challenging and living up to that challenge is a reward in and of itself.  Long story short....I think I'm going to get Demon's Souls

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shadow

Also, since no one else seems to be talking about it...Rodin has one attack where he literally rapes Bayonetta where he grabs her, the screen flashes to white, something violent can be heard, and Bayonetta is laying there naked near where a satisfied looking Rodin is laying and holding a cigar.

Julius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Julius

That's what she said!

ahahahahaha

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadow
    @Julius: *sigh*
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses
    @Shadow said:
    " @Julius: *sigh* "

And even more inapporpriate considering that it follows your comment about the rape attack
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Shadow: Damn that sounds awesome. Just wondering do you have a video of this Boss 7 combo, I'd love to get all the items n crazy stuff but I have no idea how to get all the money.

Also how do you go back n do levels yo have completed?
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By danielkempster

Congrats on your accomplishment, Shadow. While I haven't played Bayonetta myself, I can definitely empathise with the way you're feeling. Some of my proudest moments in gaming have been born from, as you put it, 'taking it to the next level' and doing something super-hard that I wouldn't normally attempt (beating all the hidden bosses in Final Fantasy VI is the one that immediately springs to mind). Well done. 

Incidentally, is what you say about the 'rape attack' really true? If so then, shit, that's pretty horrendous. I'm surprised the media haven't leapt on Bayonetta already, and this just augments that level of surprise.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @dankempster said:
    " Congrats on your accomplishment, Shadow. While I haven't played Bayonetta myself, I can definitely empathise with the way you're feeling. Some of my proudest moments in gaming have been born from, as you put it, 'taking it to the next level' and doing something super-hard that I wouldn't normally attempt (beating all the hidden bosses in Final Fantasy VI is the one that immediately springs to mind). Well done.  Incidentally, is what you say about the 'rape attack' really true? If so then, shit, that's pretty horrendous. I'm surprised the media haven't leapt on Bayonetta already, and this just augments that level of surprise. "
    The media seeing the rape attack would requir alot of effort on their part. 

Also, I figured out how to re do chapters..achievement whoring goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Luke

I think just being able to fight Rodin is it's own reward.  He's a bad mother. 

I just barely have over 1 million halos, but haven't had any time to play any games really in the past couple days... but when I do, I so wanna do this! 

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shadow
    @dankempster said:
    " Congrats on your accomplishment, Shadow. While I haven't played Bayonetta myself, I can definitely empathise with the way you're feeling. Some of my proudest moments in gaming have been born from, as you put it, 'taking it to the next level' and doing something super-hard that I wouldn't normally attempt (beating all the hidden bosses in Final Fantasy VI is the one that immediately springs to mind). Well done.  Incidentally, is what you say about the 'rape attack' really true? If so then, shit, that's pretty horrendous. I'm surprised the media haven't leapt on Bayonetta already, and this just augments that level of surprise. "
    Yep.  He starts trying it once you get his health halfway down.  Unfortunately, I can't find a video of it because the only ones that are up are of people doing very well against the boss and not getting hit by this attack that takes away all your health at once.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shadow
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Shadow: Damn that sounds awesome. Just wondering do you have a video of this Boss 7 combo, I'd love to get all the items n crazy stuff but I have no idea how to get all the money.  Also how do you go back n do levels yo have completed? "
    I don't remember where I saw it, but basically all you need to equip is the gaze of despair accessory as well as the one that makes you go into witch time whenever you get hit.  You also need to have the electric version of the durga on your hands (and feet if you want, but you won't be using those ones).  All you need to do is equip all of those things and go into the boss.  All you'll be doing for this whole fight is trying to maintain a combo as high as possible by mashing the Y button.  You can do this by targeting the boss's hands at the start of the fight and staying in the air attacking them even after the ground beneath you gets destroyed (you land unharmed even if you fall).  In the second part of the fight when the arms are destroyed, just try to destroy the orbs all over his body as fast as possible one after the other, but the real combos come from wailing on the head.  Try to get right back into the fight if you get hit (you'll be in witch time) because getting hit doesn't matter for a combo as long as you start hitting him again as fast as possible.  If done right, you can get 800k-ish halos per fight.  If you have the bracelet of time, you can get money faster, but that takes a while to get.  This is best done on normal difficulty.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Shadow said:

Sweet thanks, just one more thing I noticed a lot of Rodains accessories are still "Coming Soon" how do I make them available?
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadow
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Shadow said:  Sweet thanks, just one more thing I noticed a lot of Rodains accessories are still "Coming Soon" how do I make them available? "
    there are 4 unlockable accessories:  one for beating the game on easy or very easy, one for collecting 50 and another for collecting 101 umbran blood things (crows and achievements), and I don't remember what the other one was for.  I got that one first though so it might be for beating the game on normal.
    Mr_Socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Mr_Socks

I'm going to have to unlock that fight now, for multiple reasons.  1) I have all of the achievements for this game, but like you I want to get a better sense of accomplishment.  2) I have to see the rape attack.  3) It gives me an excuse to keep playing Bayonetta!  And have fun with Demon's Souls!  It's a challenging game, which no doubt you have heard, but it's by no means impossible for a smart and experienced gamer.  If you can hold your own in Bayonetta, you'll do just fine with Demon's Souls.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffsekai

Okay figured it out, man that level 7 boss is so easy money 1,000,000 rings in one go....jesus

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By normalpants
    @Shadow: 

I recently came to a similar realization playing Bayonetta, regarding the great sense of accomplishment that comes from beating a game based on pure skill.  The past five years I've been absorbed with WoW and other RPGs, getting a sense of achievement from time sinks and shiny loot.  I'm still far from unlocking Rodin as a boss, but the past fews days playing Bayonetta on hard has been some of the most challenging and rewarding gaming I've had in what I guess is almost a decade.  Bayonetta is the first game that broke me out of the mindset that having to do something over again but better multiple times is a bad thing.  I attribute this mostly to the game's very slowly but steadily increasing difficulty curve, sprinkled with easier bits to crank up the stupid-fun after the most challenging bosses.  

Like I said, I've played mostly RPGs, and have hardly touched an action game in years, unless you count The Force Unleashed.  Never played God of War or Ninja Gaiden so I'm a little worse than most other gamers that are used to the pace of a hardcore action game.   

I love the game more and more every day because of this -- lets hope it continues this trajectory after I beat the game on hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.