This game just seems stupid..

#1 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (223 posts) -

I think this game is a bit too up it's own arse with the whole 'games are art!' thing. It's far too abstract for it's own good. That's my opinion anyway.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

So many accents! It must be art!

#3 Posted by The_Grindilow (431 posts) -

I've heard it's so arty there is nobody to play it with because nobody has bought it

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

I blame the french. They stole all the accents.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

OK....what the hell is it?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

It's almost summer.

#7 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

I really, really hope this is just an elaborate joke because that name is just too much.

edit: okay, they're Belgian. Never mind. Still think everything about this game is horrendously pretentious.

#8 Edited by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

Is this a Tale of Tales game?

*checks*

Yep.

#9 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

According to the developer page they're Belgium, hence the name. They're also the same chaps that made The Path apparently. Whatever the case that was kind of interesting so maybe this will be, who knows? Don't see the point in getting annoyed by it though.

#10 Posted by Sgtpierceface (624 posts) -

I started watching the trailer and stopped about 15 seconds in. Just not doing anything for me.

#11 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Needs more accents.

#12 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -
#13 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (223 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

OK....what the hell is it?

dude... I DON'T EVEN KNOW! I don't think even the developers know what it is!

#15 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

According to the developer page they're Belgium, hence the name. They're also the same chaps that made The Path apparently. Whatever the case that was kind of interesting so maybe this will be, who knows? Don't see the point in getting annoyed by it though.

oh god the path.

I bought the horror themed indie pack on steam a while back. Mostly for the Void but that came with it too and the path is so fucking dumb

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#17 Edited by granderojo (1788 posts) -

I can handle the myriad of indie arthouse platformers that get released but there is a line I'll set for indie arthouse QTE/games of this ilk. That line is polish. The game looks unpolished as shit.

#18 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (223 posts) -

@thabigred: it's like they didn't bother to texture half the game and passed it as 'art'

#19 Edited by granderojo (1788 posts) -

@DanTheGamer32 said:

@thabigred: it's like they didn't bother to texture half the game and passed it as 'art'

To be fair I bet a lot more work went into making it get to the current state that either of us are giving credit. Even with the knowledge of that I have a threshold, and it's not meeting those standards.

#20 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (223 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@DanTheGamer32 said:

To be fair I bet a lot more work went into making it get to the current state that either of use are giving it credit. Even with the knowledge of that I have a threshold, and it's not meeting those standards.

True enough. Still, for what it is, they ask for far too much money.

#21 Posted by HellknightLeon (467 posts) -

I think games like Doom are art... I can paint the world in awesome and bullet holes. No better art than that.

#22 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

ART

#23 Posted by ShaggE (6455 posts) -

It's so arty, I just sprouted a scarf and the frames of my glasses thickened.

#24 Edited by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

Hey, it's a fine enough program if you approach not as a game (though you in all likelihood already know that, it bears repeating). After a long day at work or class, I'll load it up for probably 30 minutes or so, soak in the atmosphere, the sights, and the sounds, and the words. After that''s done, I'll play something else. There is no challenge, but it's a good meditative tool, and this comes from someone who enjoys a good man-shoots, role-playing, or strategy game as much as the other guy. 

In all honesty, I think it's a great "Dave" game: It's foreign, it's out there, and it can only find some modicum of acceptance from the PC gamer community

#25 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -
@Lamashtu It's not medieval or Russian enough for Dave.
#26 Edited by aurahack (2271 posts) -

Wahhhh, heaven forbid someone try to make what their vision of an interesting game is.

It doesn't have to appeal to you, nor do you need to make fun of/insult/dismiss the developers for it.

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

David Cage would agree. It's very avant garde.

#28 Edited by AssInAss (2648 posts) -

I loved The Path, but I'm not sure about this. Lots of French new wave, but then I've tried nearly every artsy game.

The idea of interactive poetry is not something crazy, there is Today I Die, a flash game that you should try out.

I'll play this eventually because this is too weird not to try, but I need to get through The Longest Journey and Dreamfall first.

#29 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
#30 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

I "played" Fatale and it was surprisingly good. I hope the duders QL it at some point.

#31 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

This is not a game. It is ART

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.