Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Bionic Commando is the follow-up to the NES classic of the same name. The game revolves around the protagonist's bionic arm used for swinging, and combat.

Who's Playing Bionic Commando?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I got it yesterday. Have only had time to play about 2 hours but I can't believe it's got such average reviews. I thought the opening was meant to suck - I've had real good fun with it. The swinging mechanic is great, there's nothing wrong with the gunplay in my opinion, animation is fine, graphics are gorgeous.

Did I mention the swinging mechanic is awesome? Because I really think it is.

Anyway yeah, so far I love it. Oh and by the way (SPOILER) who creamed when the Capcom logo came up at the start?

Really impressed. Went in excited but expecting somewhat "fail" -- seems like Jeff was on the money yet again.

Who's playing? Thoughts?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

I did the opening Capcom logo was so nice, had a smile on my face. Other than that i have been playing it for a couple of hors now or so, and i´m having fun with it. The arm mechanic is really cool, and i find it pretty easy to master.

The story is really cheesy so far, but who cares it´s not like the original BC had a less cheesy story to it.
    kidkansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kidkansas

I just finished the game, I had the same feeling when the game started. I didn't think combat was as bad as the reviewers said, but by the end game, everything is the same as the beginning.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dogbox

Right at the end of Act 2 right now. I think it's alright so far. To be honest I thought I would be more impressed by it, but I won't let that ruin my good time. I where there were more bosses, though! The bosses I've played so far are awesome.

ADDTasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ADDTasty

I'm nearing the end of my first play through on hard and I'd say it's about an 8.0. I'm still having lots of fun with it, though, and looking forwards to replaying it on Commando.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I got this game on the release date and, quite frankly, I think the reviewers were really harsh on this.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Systech

Rented and started it last night. I had a few frustrations like the lack of music in battles, but maybe I'll get the BC:Rearmed Soundtrack for it. It seems pretty solid so far and I can't wait to get to that story twist that Jeff was talking about.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daz0608

Hopefully i'm picking it up tomorrow

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Played through it on Commando the first time through (which I'm sure people haven't heard enough already).  It was fucking sweet.  We played a shitload of multiplayer at the launch lock-in we hosted at my workplace last night, and I've gotta say that I loved that too!!!  Everyone had a great time with the game last night, and plenty of the players said they were going to go buy the game.  The excitement for it was very high!  It made me happy.

Check my blog and the Bionic Commando forum for more of my opinions.
    JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JDUB_XL

Ive been playing it and even though I think it starts out horrible, after a couple hours I started to really like it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Systech said:
    Rented and started it last night. I had a few frustrations like the lack of music in battles, but maybe ... [more]
    >_<  I JUST WANNA SCREAM THE NAME OF A MOVIE RIGHT NOW AND SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE!!!  AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Also, make sure to watch through the end of the credits for a little morse code action.  The translation of the morse code is online already, and man...it makes me hope for a sequel SOOOO bad!!!
    MjsStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By MjsStefan

I love the game so far, and that Capcom intro gets me every time. I enjoy the swinging even though I'm not 100 percent used to it but the game is fantastic.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By webby

Ive played through on the Commando difficulty and now im starting again but on normal to get the collectables. Some parts I really like others not so much but overall im enjoying it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By SenatorSpacer

I'll be picking it up here shortly.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    Webby said:
    Ive played through on the Commando difficulty and now im starting again but on normal to get the collectables. Some ... [more]
    Yeah, I'm gonna be going back through on Easy or Normal to get all the collectibles and finish out the few challenges I had left over (like Pull!, Drive-By, and a couple of others).

You know what sucks, though?  For some reason, Xbox.com still has the achievements set to private, so they aren't updating on our GB achievement profiles.  They are updating on the Xbox.com profiles, however...which is JUST ODD!!!
    Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By Lucidforest

Started out on Commando also, probably around 3/4 the way through and loving it!

The game is most likely too easy on normal mode and that would spoil the game (reason for many negative views) As it is right now, the game is pretty solid, there's always a sense of risk and you really need that to add to the enjoyment. Canny beat the feeling of swinging through the air avoiding gunfire, grasping onto a polycraft and taking him out while attacthed to the bastards underbelly.

Doing that on normal mode = shoulder shrug

Doing that on Commando mode = AIR FIST!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MeierTheRed

Completed it today, and my overall experience with it now, is a bit different from when i started. Some of the levels are really good, but they are all very linear and some of them are very short.

There where also a couple of frustrating parts in the later levels, at least for me, i had some issues with the very dark and rainy levels. But in any case its a pretty fun game, but looking back at it now, it may not have been a game i should have bought for full price, but what´s done is done.
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daz0608

I got it today and have played about an hour and loving the gameplay, but one thing that really annoys me is that if you die you lose you progress in the challenges you have done after the checkpoint 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead

I've made a start and I am definitely enjoying it, but I completely agree with Jeff when he says that the game always feels on the cusp of greatness but never really achieves it. Also, baditude Spencer is incredibly lame as a generic throaty voiced relic of the early 90s.

Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Andborn

Playing it slowly, I do this with games I want to last. They become my midnight snack, so to speak. So yeah good stuff maynard.

Plus I can't get my girlfriend off Okami long enough for me to get some good commando in. VGA cable inbound for glorious cheap HD goodness ala cheap lcd comp screen! Yosh!

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By Lucidforest

Just finished it on Commando there. Was pretty awesome.

Only annoying thing is that I tried my best to get all the collectibles but ended up with 142 / 150 and if I want to get them all I need to play through the game again.

But yeah, great game. It is.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I've made a start and I am definitely enjoying it, but I completely agree with Jeff when he says that the game always feels on the cusp of greatness but never really achieves it. Also, baditude Spencer is incredibly lame as a generic throaty voiced relic of the early 90s. "
    i agree.

i got it for PC today. really fun.. but the PC port is kinda shitty. mouse a bit too sensitive

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.