Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Late to the Bioshock party

MoeQawama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MoeQawama

I just started playing the first Bioshock, and i know how late I am to the party, but holy shit... this game is unbelievable and I cant wait to finish it. I have never been so curious to go into every room and every corner of a game and want to discover so much. I'm only like 5 hours into the game, but I know now that I will be getting the second one 100% (GOW 3, Yakuza 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, just bought Heavy Rain, and now Bioshock 2, all this year... holy shit I'm gonna be broke.) My only question to you guys, without spoilers, is the second one just as intense and satisfying as the first? Will it keep you curious and engaged like the first one? Sorry to go on for so long, but I friekin love this game! Thanks guys...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Main story in 2 is kinda meh for most of the game, as most people will tell you and I agree.
    The ending parts are however much better then in Bio1, made it all worth it.

Soulless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Soulless

The beginning is definitely not not as fascinating as the first game's, but I still think the games story is good throughout.  The story really picks up steam towards the end, and I just adore the ending.  I think you'll like it, especially since you seem to really love the first one.  (Which I did as well)

Plus, the game play is sooooo much better.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

By the sounds of it you'll like the second one. 
    If you like finding audio logs, using weird weapons, fighting big daddies, researching guys to level em up, hacking robots n all that stuff: it all gets better in 2.
    The only part that's not quite as good is probably the characters and the mystery, and it's a bit more video gamey.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @MoeQawama: The story in Bioshock 2 isn't as interesting, and it's definitely not as intriguing and exciting because naturally going to Rapture a second time is not as satisfying and unique as the first time. It's still a good game though.
    MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MadeinFinland

I'm slowly playing the second one right now. And yeah, story did start off slow, but it's picking up now.

Gameplay is one hell of a lot better in the sequel as well :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.