Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Booker's Mutterings? (Spoilers)

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikeLemmer

Is it just me, or

does Booker mutter the same things Comstock's saying whenever they're near each other? I swear I heard Booker echoing Comstock's speech to him right before his first nosebleed, when Comstock's talking to him via zeppelin monitor after he asked the guards to stand down.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@mikelemmer said:

Is it just me, or

does Booker mutter the same things Comstock's saying whenever they're near each other? I swear I heard Booker echoing Comstock's speech to him right before his first nosebleed, when Comstock's talking to him via zeppelin monitor after he asked the guards to stand down.

Never heard that.

How far in the game are you? Book and Comstock are two different paths booker could have took. I wanna say Comstock is kinda crazy because of nearly being drowned by a priest)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

That would... make sense.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

... have you beaten the game yet? :D

And, yes, I noticed his mutterings as well when you first encounter Comstock.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mikelemmer said:

Is it just me, or

Never heard that.

How far in the game are you? Book and Comstock are two different paths booker could have took. I wanna say Comstock is kinda crazy because of nearly being drowned by a priest)

Major spoilers OP, don't read if you haven't finished.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me, or

I noticed Comstock had a weird voice effect. I did not know it was booker muttering. Are you sure?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@skytylz said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@mikelemmer said:

Is it just me, or

Never heard that.

Major spoilers OP, don't read if you haven't finished.

EXTREME spoilers. This will ruin the ending for you. You've been warned.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Er, wouldn't it be safe to assume any spoiler for Infinite would ruin the ending? Anyway, my explanation:

I believe it is Booker repeating Comstock's phrases subconsciously. When they jump to the Vox-revolution universe, Booker has a moment of disorientation when he partially remembers his other self's past as a martyr for Vox Populi. He then gets a nosebleed.

So what happens when his alive other self is talking to him? He starts softly muttering the same things Comstock's saying under his breath. He then gets a nosebleed.

As the Lucents put it:

"Is it strange that we-"

"-finish each other's sentences? No, not at all."

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched it again. Voice effect. No muttering.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazgalaxy: Yeah, just played through the section where you're riding the gondola to the first lady's airship. The other voice sounded like a demonic or really deep voice modifier, definitely not Booker.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever Comstock talks, his last few words echoes, if you beat the game you'll know why.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played it. No muttering Its the echo effect.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I thought it was an echo effect meant to make Comstock all the more sinister.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.