Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

How much longer is left in the game? (Kind of spoilery)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

I'm at the part of the game where I have to run around opening the rifts to find the secret about Elizabeth's mother after fighting her ghost. I'm just wondering roughly how far off from the end I am as I have been playing this game all day and I'm starting to get tired. If it's just an hour or two I will power through it but if it's going to be 4-5+ hours still I'm gonna stop for the day.

I'm afraid to look up missions list online out of fear of spoilers so I was hoping those who have beat the game could give me a rough idea. Thanks.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

You should probably stop for the day; there's still a fair amount left.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah I'd say you're somewhere around 3 hours away from the end, depending on how much you explore.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Yeah I'd say you're somewhere around 3 hours away from the end, depending on how much you explore.

...and the final battle can be pretty hard, depending on which difficulty you're playing on.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

I just beat it. It's pretty close to the end. That part was probably the most annoying of the game. Fighting the boss several times...

There was one more part that annoyed me at the very end (combat-wise) but, other than that, it wasn't too bad. Too bad one little line of dialogue when you are running around with Elizabeth near the beginning of the game basically allowed me to easily guess what the ending was very early on... so much for that.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

@handlas said:
    Too bad one little line of dialogue when you are running around with Elizabeth near the beginning of the game basically allowed me to easily guess what the ending was very early on...

which?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crusader8463

@beachthunder: @starvinggamer: I have been playing for about 5-6 hours now so I think I will take a break. I could probably fight to the end but I'm not enjoying it enough to keep going. Thanks for the info. Will finish it up tomorrow after work.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

You're getting there but It's going to be about three more hours. Take an hour break and then go back in.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:
    Too bad one little line of dialogue when you are running around with Elizabeth near the beginning of the game basically allowed me to easily guess what the ending was very early on...

which?

I can't remember verbatim but you are just running around Columbia at the beginning with her and she asks about Booker's family and says something about hers and he responds by saying his wife is dead and he has no children. Something very much that puts the clear picture in your mind that Elizabeth is Anna and she is your daughter. Doesn't give away that Booker is Comstock or anything (if I understood the ending correctly) but the whole baby scene was easy to predict.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're getting there but It's going to be about three more hours. Take an hour break and then go back in.

I don't have that much time tonight or I would. It's already 10:30 and I got work tomorrow. So I will save it for tomorrow afternoon and just dick around online for an hour or two.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By HerbieBug

I think I am at the final combat part of the game... the fight zeppelins with Songbird bit

Is that the last part? Because I just failed it (apparently it's possible to fail) and lost like 10 minutes of very tedious shooting and running around that I'm not especially eager to go back and complete. :/

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

@herbiebug said:

I think I am at the final combat part of the game... the fight zeppelins with Songbird bit

Is that the last part? Because I just failed it (apparently it's possible to fail) and lost like 10 minutes of very tedious shooting and running around that I'm not especially eager to go back and complete. :/

Yes thats the last part. I beat it on my second attempt... I feel ya I got to the very last bit of it and died and had to start over. There is a ton of Salt around so make use of that and obviously use the Songbird to destroy the big ships. Once you kill the 2 Patriot robots it's pretty much done from there.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finished. I was within seconds of beating it the first time around. haha.

Great ending but man... the last third of the game is not very well designed in terms of the combat aspect. For all the work they put into the visuals of this game, it's strange how limited the selection of enemy units is. Particularly so considering just how combat heavy the game turned out to be.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I'm not at this point yet. I'm at the part where Fitzroy just killed Fink after I opened a rift and am apparently the hero of the Vox, and now an impostor. I'm at Fink's office/factory, and about 6 hours in. How much more do I have left? I've been playing this in about hour long chunks before I just get burned out on the combat, although the story so far has been FANTASTIC.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@theimmortalbum: If you feel burned out, you should take a break, but I think that part you are on is roughly the middle of the game or so- you have maybe 5 hours give or take (depending on how much you explore off the beaten path) left.

I explored every nook and cranny and total to complete I think it took me about 19 hours. I can't really say how that will compare with anyone else, I am generally comparatively slow going through games, especially ones I really like.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CornBREDX: Yeah I called it. It's actually how I've been with almost all games lately - anything more than an hour or hour and a half in a go and I just lose interest. It's odd. One of the few exceptions lately has been Monster Hunter, but that's definitely the exception.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YO. Update. I'm at Comstock house, having just dealt with Lady Comstock's "ghost". How much do I have left? Can't decide if I need to push through tonight, or do it tomorrow. It feels like I should be getting close to the end.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BeachThunder

YO. Update. I'm at Comstock house, having just dealt with Lady Comstock's "ghost". How much do I have left? Can't decide if I need to push through tonight, or do it tomorrow. It feels like I should be getting close to the end.

Do it tomorrow.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Duder, that's nuts. It feels like I'm at most half an hour from the end, although after re-reading OP, I realize I'm actually slightly ahead of him when he created this. It's just.. almost grabbed me to pull me through, except I have work tomorrow. I feel like I know where this is headed, too, but I'm still unsure. BAH! Thanks!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Duder, that's nuts. It feels like I'm at most half an hour from the end, although after re-reading OP, I realize I'm actually slightly ahead of him when he created this. It's just.. almost grabbed me to pull me through, except I have work tomorrow. I feel like I know where this is headed, too, but I'm still unsure. BAH! Thanks!

I mean, it's not a heap longer (my view is kind of skewed, since I am kind of slow and the final battle took me a heap of tries); anyway, I suppose you could power through depending on how much you want to soak up the atmosphere and what difficulty you're playing on. Regardless, the are some very crazy story beats ahead of you, so, I would definitely say it's best to have a clear head when you're going through the ending areas.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder I've already had some via voxophone, and I'm a few beers in.. I've shelved it for the night, to finish tomorrow. I may have already been spoiled on some things I've already somewhat sussed out on my own, but I'm not sure yet, obviously.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder I've already had some via voxophone, and I'm a few beers in.. I've shelved it for the night, to finish tomorrow. I may have already been spoiled on some things I've already somewhat sussed out on my own, but I'm not sure yet, obviously.

You might have some idea where bioshock infinite is going, but trust me the last "act" of the game that you just started is absolutely incredible. I finished the game last night and felt totally drained. I couldn't sleep for a bit, my mind was totally restless trying to piece together exactly how the narrative fits together and what it all means in terms of themes and archetypes. The game drops lots of interesting hints and elements of foreshadowing in interesting ways. But until I saw the resolution I realized the context that I had assumed for some of those elements was not correct or only part of a larger more encompassing context.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theimmortalbum

@redravn said:

@theimmortalbum said:

You might have some idea where bioshock infinite is going, but trust me the last "act" of the game that you just started is absolutely incredible. I finished the game last night and felt totally drained. I couldn't sleep for a bit, my mind was totally restless trying to piece together exactly how the narrative fits together and what it all means in terms of themes and archetypes. The game drops lots of interesting hints and elements of foreshadowing in interesting ways. But until I saw the resolution I realized the context that I had assumed for some of those elements was not correct or only part of a larger more encompassing context.

Yeah I sure hope so. What I think I know is that Comstock is Booker in the future/different universe/whatever, and that's from the similarities in their pasts, not to mention the fact that Booker says what Comstock says as he's saying it. That's about all I have, though. So if that's right, I'm curious to see what it is that has everyone blown away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.