Songbird Melody?

#1 Posted by aesthetic_noise (71 posts) -

Can someone direct me to a video that you can hear the Songbird playing a creepy patriotic sounding song? I'm not talking about the shriek it makes in the E3 demo & other trailers. I remember it playing a mechanical/wind up sounding song before it appeared on screen. Can anyone help?

#2 Edited by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

I remember it playing when Booker meets Elizabeth and is about to enter the building and Elizabeth tells Songbird to wait,the tune plays on the patriotic machine or whatever

#3 Posted by BBQBram (2212 posts) -

Yes it's in the VGA gameplay trailer.

#4 Posted by aesthetic_noise (71 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

Yes it's in the VGA gameplay trailer.

Thanks @bbqbram! The part I was referring to is at the 32 second part of the above video.

#5 Edited by BBQBram (2212 posts) -

@aesthetic_noise: That little tune is too cool isn't it. It's so specific in it's eeriness. One more week!

#6 Posted by aesthetic_noise (71 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

@aesthetic_noise: That little tune is too cool isn't it. It's so specific in it's eeriness. One more week!

Yeah! I was telling a friend about the game and describe how the sound design is so good, but I couldn't find that melody for the life of me! Thanks again duder!

#7 Posted by MrHadouken (168 posts) -

Vaguely reminds me of the last few notes from the Sponge bob theme.

#8 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

I hadn't seen this video.

#9 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

@big_jon: Neither had i.... I'm not so sure about the gameplay in that video.

#10 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@big_jon: Neither had i.... I'm not so sure about the gameplay in that video.

I think Bioshock is one of those games where the gameplay takes a back seat to the rest of the experience. I am huge on good FPS combat, but Bioshock is a game that lives up even if it plays sluggishly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.