What's Booker's problem!?

#1 Posted by Dacnomaniac (440 posts) -

So, I've been playing through this recently... and I'm about halfway through it. Through playing it, I've noticed something... why the fuck does Booker keeping smashing buttons!? What the fuck is his problem!? Also, will this get addressed in the amazing ending this game is meant to have?

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

Because he's a rebel who laughs in the face of social norms?

#3 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Much like jamming on the button over and over again makes the elevator arrive/leave faster, smashing it really hard does so even faster.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

I'm more confused as to why water sticks to his eyes and he glides across surfaces instead of walking on them.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

It is revealed at the end of the game that Elizabeth isn't actually a a physical being but instead a cloud of inanimate object hatred. Whenever she is within a general vicinity of Booker, he takes anger out of lifeless objects, like smashing buttons or eating the shit out of every food item nearby, even though he isn't hungry.

#6 Posted by Veektarius (4611 posts) -

@somedelicook: I already played the game and you still managed to spoil it for me.

#7 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

If I wore a vest like that I'd punch the shit out of buttons too.

#8 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4930 posts) -

He's a punk, man. He doesn't care about them rules.

#9 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Because ALIZABITH! ALIZABITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAMIREZ!

@veektarius said:

@somedelicook: I already played the game and you still managed to spoil it for me.

lol

#10 Posted by kaos_cracker (569 posts) -

Because all of the buttons are huge and must be punched.

#11 Posted by ModernAlkemie (358 posts) -

This is how buttons are supposed to be operated. You're the one who has been doing it wrong.

#12 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1735 posts) -

I was too hung up on fact that they built so many elevators with only two destinations to notice.

#13 Posted by Tomorrowman (148 posts) -

When he ate that cake in the trash can it was full of parasites that now live in his brain. In order to reproduce they have to have their host die and the corpse be eaten by animals so that they can live in the scavengers' guts. They slighty tweak Booker's personality to compulsively and violently smack buttons in hopes that one day he will punch through the panel, electrocuting himself and leaving a body for the creatures to feed on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.