Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

BioShock DLC is exclusive to PS3

LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LilBew

2K Games senior producer Melissa Miller said: "Right now we are supporting the PS3 launch. We are really excited to be bringing the BioShock experience to a whole new set of fans. We've been concentrating on ways to make this game special. The things that we've added, they're not changing the original experience that the 360 fans and the PC fans got, but are things that compliment nicely that experience."

When asked if that answer meant no, Miller replied: "The answer is no. Right now this is a PS3 exclusive."

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Philantrophy

Isn't going to seperate part in the game? So it shouldnt affect the story.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    LilBew said:
    "2K Games senior producer Melissa Miller said: "Right now we are supporting the PS3 launch. We are really excited to be bringing the BioShock experience to a whole new set of fans. We've been concentrating on ways to make this game special. The things that we've added, they're not changing the original experience that the 360 fans and the PC fans got, but are things that compliment nicely that experience."

When asked if that answer meant no, Miller replied: "The answer is no. Right now this is a PS3 exclusive."

"
    exclusive would mean never comming to another system, these are timed exclusive only.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

What are they?

I wasn't aware of any new DLC.

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By SadExchange

I wonder what it entails though.  Will it be like some of the DLC for Bioshock over the Xbox live where you could get some more plasmids and such or will it be something more worthwhile?  I'm gonna go with option A.  I think they're actually just trying to let the people who own a PS3 feel special for a bit.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DualReaver
    SadExchange said:
    "I wonder what it entails though.  Will it be like some of the DLC for Bioshock over the Xbox live where you could get some more plasmids and such or will it be something more worthwhile?  I'm gonna go with option A.  I think they're actually just trying to let the people who own a PS3 feel special for a bit."
    I think it's to make up for just releasing Bioshock for the PS3 now.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

Like many other 360 owners, I played this game to death and beat it multiple times almost a year ago.

I could be wrong but I think DLC for the 360 at this point would generate minimal interest or sales leaving it as more or less a waste of development time and money.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pibo47

Im not going to buy it, but ill at least rent it, try out the new stuff.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronBelfast

They won't bust their guts with DLC, but it will be enough to make most people re-buy it

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By HazBazz
    LilBew said:
    "Right now we are supporting the PS3 launch."
    You're nearly 2 years late, 2K.
    dead_panoramic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By dead_panoramic
    HazBazz said:
    "LilBew said:
    "Right now we are supporting the PS3 launch."
    You're nearly 2 years late, 2K."

Yeah, well, I think she was referring to Bioshock's "launch" on the PS3, but her comment was poorly worded.

Regarding the DLC, I have read that there will be new plasmids, a harder difficulty mode, and challenge rooms. There will be nothing new added to the SP in the form of new areas, enemies, endings, etc. For those who wish to "confirm" this on their own, I believe I came across this information on IGN.com first. Happy hunting.
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By hazelnutman

I'm looking forward to playing this game finally, as my PC was too crappy and I currently don't have the money for all of the consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.