Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne for pc confirmed?

• 85 results
    wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What is it about this one game that has turned everyone stupid about exclusives?

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wsowen02: Because it is a PS4 exclusive, and a Dead Souls spiritual successor.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It would certainly be a pleasant surprise to get a port. Bloodborne looks cool and all, but I'm not going to buy a console just so I can play one game [until Persona 5 comes out].

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By saucygiraffe

Love Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, no way in hell am I paying almost $500 for one game. If it comes to PC great. If it doesn't, that sucks but there are plenty of other games on the PC that I could be playing.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

This game should never come to PC.

It's good that there are PS4 exclusives, it's good that there are Xbox One exclusives and it's good that there are PC exclusives.

I disagree. To exclude is not a good thing. I think we'd be better off without consoles.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

According to Amazon.fr, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are also making their way to PC.

Sony owns the Bloodborne trademark and IP, so it appearing on PC is about as likely as an Uncharted or God of War port.

Thread should have really ended after this post.

Amazon.fr seems to have a ton of false positives, just because they have gotten some releases "right" doesn't mean they actually have some inside knowledge. Most likely it's just that they are just sloppy about categorizing things on their site by slapping PC on just about everything which happens to end up being unintentionally correct occasionally. Even a Broken Clock is right twice a day.

I figure the odds of Bloodborne ever coming to PC is less than 1%

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Please refer to Demon's Souls if you are curious about how this is going to play out.

Happydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez what's with the negativity towards this heading to PC?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Just do like me and ignore the people who have to come in with comments like that in any thread with a console release or exclusivity topic. People get defensive and some hold a fervor for a corporation that makes a different box. It is what it is.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Sony have also contributed towards Street Fighter V and that's coming to PC. So who really knows.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with consoles having exclusives but people saying it "shouldn't" be on another platform are entitled children.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@privodotmenit: Nothing so far has suggested that Sony has actually become involved in SFV's development at all. All we know is that they've given Capcom a lot of money to develop, and also for the Capcom Pro Tour. I'm sure that Sony would have preferred SFV to be a purely PS4 exclusive, but that would probably be a dealbreaker for Capcom because such a big chunk of their playerbase won't have PS4 compatible pads or sticks.

In any case, as has been stated multiple times above, Sony owns the Bloodborne IP and trademark. It doesn't own the SF IP and trademark (lol). Capcom can negotiate much, much better than From can. The PC crowd has grown a lot over the past years and Bloodborne is really the first real reason to buy a PS4 for a number of people. In terms of big games, there's this and Uncharted. For just about everything else, if you have a serviceable PC, it'd be a better experience on the PC.

No one ever said it's a good situation, I despise turning on any console (except for the old classic ones), but it's what we're living with.

Also with Dark Souls II the zeitgeist was over by the time the PC version came out; those who waited for that PC version didn't get the full experience of no one knowing the hell what they were doing. Even if Bloodborne ever comes out on PC (which you can be 99% sure it won't) by that time everything will have been figured out, when you google a question you'll find a wiki, not forum posts of people sharing random unsubstantiated information. If you play these games, optimally it's best to play them without any recourse to the internet and all advice from word-of-mouth. If you play them near release you can experience the zeitgeist on forums which is pretty cool (though I feel less cool than figuring out how to beat the game yourself). If you play them long after release either you don't use the internet at all (hopefully not spoiled by media), or you go on a wiki and figure everything out right away.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

According to Amazon.fr, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are also making their way to PC.

I laughed out loud for real.

Yeah this seems highly unlikely.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll believe it after the Demon's Souls port.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole reason Bloodborne exists is because Sony wanted an exclusive Souls game like they had with Demon's Souls.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ezekiel

@shotgunlincoln said:

The whole reason Bloodborne exists is because Sony wanted an exclusive Souls game like they had with Demon's Souls.

I think it also has to do with Namco Bandai removing Miyazaki from the Souls series and rushing Dark Souls. I've read that Miyazaki apologized for Bed of Chaos and said it wasn't ready. They also rushed the PC port of Dark Souls. He was probably fed up with Namco Bandai and had a more productive time working on Demon's Souls with Sony. It's safe to say Namco Bandai wouldn't have funded Bloodborne. They want more sequels. I hope they aren't producing Dark Souls III, but they probably are.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's interesting how consoles are relentlessly mocked when they don't have exclusives, yet when they get exclusives, some of those same people will become insufferable in begging for it to come to their preferred platform instead. A console doesn't have exclusives? Pfff, why would you waste money on that garbage. A console has exclusives? How outrageous that they would deprive other gamers of those games just for business reasons.

The PC master race undertones to this particular example is the icing on the cake.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai:

I didn't knew that consoles where mocked for lack of exclusives, as far as I know it's because they are weak, barely over a year since they were released and the poor things are already being pushed to their limits..

It's just a shame not being able to play such a great game on superior hardware that's all.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69  Edited By Nodima

@ezekiel said:

@rafaelfc said:

It's good that there are PS4 exclusives, it's good that there are Xbox One exclusives and it's good that there are PC exclusives.

I disagree. To exclude is not a good thing. I think we'd be better off without consoles.

But then you'd prefer to exclude people like me who'd rather buy a console during its first few months and be satisfied knowing I have 5-10 years of great games ahead of me without ever having to invest another hundred+ dollars in any one component of it. The size of games makes a great case for a new hard drive, that's the lone upgrade a console owner needs to consider. Otherwise, I have my PS4 and I know whatever game I buy for it as long as I own it will work on it, and look just great, and play just fine, and I will not have to fiddle with anything or figure out which of six graphics cards is right for my situation or have to even buy a PC in the first place (I've used Macs since the early 90s).

So if to exclude is a bad thing, there's little sense in following that thesis the way you did. Consoles provide a very clear advantage to PCs for many, many millions of people, they aren't just boxes that lock you away from certain games. I've been very lucky to have stuck with the Playstation since the original as Microsoft's exclusives (and controller configuration) haven't swayed me to their system at any point, but if I did long for Gears of War or Halo I'd understand that I needed a 360 to play those games. If I cared about graphics or framerate I'd be upset about not owning a powerful PC. But I care about controller feel and games working when I press start, the former constantly best in show (for me) from Sony and the latter something a console can guarantee that a PC can't.

(I should also note that I own Demon's Souls via PS+ but never installed it and chose to just watch Vinny/Brad play the series instead, and have some interest in Bloodborne but will likely wait a few years and hope for a sale so the game will be easier when I get stuck and less of a monetary investment in something I could be very bored by. My comments are more about your hypocrisy and attempting to show why consoles are quite necessary for certain lifestyles.)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

We're doing a PC Vs. Console thing now? All right.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon OP. I want this game to saunter over to the PC as much as you do, but I'm not going to get my hopes up over a 'leak' from Amazon France. The amount of PC vs Console nuttery this single game has generated is all kinds of amazing though. I guess I'll be owning Bloodborne in a few years when the PS4 has a good exclusive library and is worth buying.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@rafaelfc said:

Well I played that Dark souls game that did come to PC, and it put me to sleep couple of hours in. So.. I'm okay with this not coming to PC :P

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can someone explain to me how are exclusives a good thing again?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@choi: Drives competition. Without competition there's stagnation.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Good support, advanced features and steady stream of quality software drive the competition.

A few exclusives here and there don't seem to help as much. And all those "system seller" exclusives don't happen as much anymore. As a consumer I feel left out when I can't play more than I feel privileged when I get to play an exclusive.

In this day and age it seems behind the times and unnecessary to me, just like preorders.

And yeah, I would be super excited to play Bloodborne, but I'm not gonna buy a 400$ console to play it.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love reading threads on GB this one didn't feel like a duder thread.

I don't expect this to come to the PC but that sucks cuse it would've been glorious on the PC. Hopefully souls 3 isn't as bad as 2. *goes back to playing BB*

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@choi: All of those things get undercut by cost though. I own a PS4. The service on it is pretty poor compared to an Xbox (I had a 360). Both of them require you to pay to play games online, but Sony networks are bad compared to MS's. They're constantly going down for maintenance and they can struggle to keep up with demand. It takes forever to download a game to the PS4 compared to other platforms.

But the PS4 has pretty much outsold the Xbox One since they both launched with the exception of one month and price has a big part to play in that. The PS4 has always, with the exception of sales, been cheaper than the One. I think the One even has more exclusives right now and arguably better ones but it still trails behind. The One is also getting much better/frequent updates to it's OS.

If neither platform had exclusives, the cheaper one would "win". Just look at how people recommend that if you only want to play third party multi platforms on a console, get a PS4.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Of course it will. The same week as Gears of Wars is available on PS4, Uncharted is available on PC, and Mario is available on PC...

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By hermes

@mintyice: Because the sales they expect to get on the game and new consoles dwarfs the small change they can get on steam sales. You have to remember that Sony is in it for the hardware, not the games. After all, if everyone made everything to run on everything, what is the point of new hardware?

Sony gets to be "playstation fanboys". They MADE the damn thing.

nauticalnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Is it because that drives people to purchase consoles for a specific game? That's the only reason I can think of that makes exclusives a good idea, which in turn leads to competition.

As a PC gamer I couldn't see any point until now in getting a new console, Bloodborne was enough to get me to finally say what the hell and buy one. Rock Band is what got me to buy a console from the last generation.

While I don't agree with the "never" aspect I do think it's in their best interest to keep it off of the PC until they have a more substantial PS4 catalog and a period of a year or more. I don't like it from the player standpoint but getting MS and Sony to throw more money at tent pole titles in hopes of another system seller is a good thing in the end for everyone.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish:

Really? Over here the One is the equivalent of about $100 cheaper than the PS4 if you buy it bundled with a game, and it has been like that for a while. Bloodborne is the main reason I'm still considering a PS4, otherwise I would probably have already purchased the One by now as the price is great (also because of the issues with the DS4, by the way).

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon OP. I want this game to saunter over to the PC as much as you do, but I'm not going to get my hopes up over a 'leak' from Amazon France. The amount of PC vs Console nuttery this single game has generated is all kinds of amazing though. I guess I'll be owning Bloodborne in a few years when the PS4 has a good exclusive library and is worth buying.

After looking ahead at upcoming games, this is my final conclusion.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pyrodactyl

@bsw said:

@jesus_phish:

Really? Over here the One is the equivalent of about $100 cheaper than the PS4 if you buy it bundled with a game, and it has been like that for a while. Bloodborne is the main reason I'm still considering a PS4, otherwise I would probably have already purchased the One by now as the price is great (also because of the issues with the DS4, by the way).

But then I remember every game announcement and demo coming from microsoft actively makes me not want to play any of it. They're turning fable into evolve, halo 5 has a huge focus on small arena battles, remedy is working on a pretty third person cover based shooter, they're making another gears game, Dead rising 3 was brown with that disgusting grit filter applied to everything and all their indie games are coming to PC. Pit that against the last of us, Uncharted, Helldivers, the better version of Destiny, Bloodborne and Persona 5 and it's a no contest really. Besides, there's constant deals on PS4 too. You're not going to save 100$ on xbox one unless you can find one at 250.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Still waiting for my Dark Souls 1 port for Wii U.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Wait, what? ... For some (sorry) dumb reason you want a game to be exclusive and deny others the fun just get one over the other platforms? Exclusive games in any direction are dumb.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, doubt it'll ever come to the PC. Which is a real bummer looking at these load times. I don't care about the graphics and I can live with the framerate, but the load times are the worst after playing DS2 off my SSD.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tuxfool
    @happydevil said:

From my part I think it would be great to have on PC.

But I still have a negative opinion on such comments as they reflect magical thinking and ignorance on the situation this game was developed. This game was proposed by Sony to From, Sony owns the IP, Japan Studio helped develop it. It isn't going to show up on PC, so people should stop whining about it.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why are you all praying that I lose my one reason for dropping money on a ps4 :,(

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@slag said:

@conmulligan said:

Sony owns the Bloodborne trademark and IP, so it appearing on PC is about as likely as an Uncharted or God of War port.

Thread should have really ended after this post.

Amazon.fr seems to have a ton of false positives, just because they have gotten some releases "right" doesn't mean they actually have some inside knowledge. Most likely it's just that they are just sloppy about categorizing things on their site by slapping PC on just about everything which happens to end up being unintentionally correct occasionally. Even a Broken Clock is right twice a day.

I figure the odds of Bloodborne ever coming to PC is less than 1%

That's not correct.

I had a clock that was broken with the minute hand on 12 but the hour hand was between two numbers! That clock was never right.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rafaelfc said:

A-fucking-men.

Why are exclusives a good thing? They limit access to games.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Colony024

The amount of people who seem to be happy that others, who made a different hardware choice from them, are denied access, if baffling to me. I'd have figured we're all gamers, and we'd all want good games to be available to everyone else. I guess some people just like to gloat.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@mijati: haha! I stand corrected then!

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Well, that's of course pretty subjective. Also, I'm not necessarily interested in many of the exclusives on either side, I mostly want a good system. I'll see what I'll end up with, I'm not really in a hurry.

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By hacksword

@s10129107 said:

@babychoochoo said:

@rafaelfc said:

A-fucking-men.

The fewer people can play a game, the better that game is. It's a proven fact.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@s10129107 said:

@babychoochoo said:

@rafaelfc said:

A-fucking-men.

The fewer people can play a game, the better that game is. It's a proven fact.

Or competition thrives creativity. It forces the console manufacturers to fund people to make good games. This game might not even exist if it wasn't for Sony.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

What is this, system wars?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this thread has reach it's zenith and then rolled down the hill in much like the same manor when Mac and Bloo had to roll Cheese down the hill in their sweet hot rod flames and bunnies cart.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.