Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Getting stuck (Or at least slowed down) late game.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MaxOpower

I'm a lvl 39 Gunzerker and has so far not been having too much trouble, I have been challenged and died many times, but not since now have I felt stuck. I feel all the enemies I met have way to much health, and for the last two levels or so, I have been running into battle, killed one guy, then died, then repeated until all the bandits are dead. This is even though I'm not under leveled. I have restarted my skills many times, and tried out many combinations. I feel my guns are insufficient, but can't seem to find anything better (And I have already spent both my keys).

All that said, I don't feel it's because I don't have the "skilz" or whatever. I feel like the game have gotten terribly unbalanced late game and that the numbers (Health, Damage so on) have gotten "too big".

anybody else having the same problems? Any advice?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

I had the same problem but after finding a better shield and a beastly sniper rifle, the game has become really easy again.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MaxOpower said:

I'm a lvl 39 Gunzerker and has so far not been having too much trouble, I have been challenged and died many times, but not since now have I felt stuck. I feel all the enemies I met have way to much health, and for the last two levels or so, I have been running into battle, killed one guy, then died, then repeated until all the bandits are dead. This is even though I'm not under leveled. I have restarted my skills many times, and tried out many combinations. I feel my guns are insufficient, but can't seem to find anything better (And I have already spent both my keys).

All that said, I don't feel it's because I don't have the "skilz" or whatever. I feel like the game have gotten terribly unbalanced late game and that the numbers (Health, Damage so on) have gotten "too big".

anybody else having the same problems? Any advice?

I also felt that once. Not sure how far you are but at a point I found all my guns seemed to be out of date at the same time. 
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Toughen it out is probably what you'll have to do. Either that or have some vending machine runs in hopes of finding better equipment. Also, if you've got some skills that increase health/shield capacity get rid of those because it doesn't make a difference when enemies take out over 2.000 with each shot. Concentrate on damage and try to take out enemies at the longest range possible. Also, goes without saying that using elemental weapons makes a huge difference in playthrough 2. Make sure you have each type on your preferred weapon. And yes, the guns will get outdated at one point or another, but you'll certainly find better weapons...eventually.

I'm level 47 in Opportunity and it's looking like a tough cookie. The statuesque quest will be a bitch.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I had the same problem with the first game. The closer you get to the level cap, the more damage enemies were able to take and the crappier everything you get seems. It caused my opinion of the first game to take a nosedive and it's part of the reason I'm holding back on getting the second one. I don't want to get burned out again because they can't properly keep things well-balanced at higher levels.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ares42

You've reached the point where the scaling of the game starts to get screwy. As you point out you're not getting much better weapons (as drops are based on your story progression), but the enemies are scaled according to your level. Around level 35-36 the enemy/weapon scaling starts to go into hyperdrive where a weapon just a few levels higher can do double damage, and as such enemies are scaled according to that. The disconnect is really a big problem of the game.

Your big problem is that you've overlevelled a tad too much. Normally you should be around 35-37 when you beat the game the first time. The only real solution to your problem is to get lucky and get some good drops, but as drops are bound by story progression (where you should've already been quite a bit into TVHM by now) you're gonna have a hard time finding it. I would guess your best shot is to try to join some online games. I dunno if it's possible to join a TVHM game if you haven't reached it yourself, but if you can that would help a lot. Other than that getting more people into your game could both help you out and supposedly makes loot drops better.

Also, as a Gunzerker you do reach a point where you most likely need to rethink your spec. If you have been focusing on a single tree you should consider branching out a bit. Playing without Hard to Kill and I'm the Juggernaught becomes quite a challenge, and going Rampage for permanent Gunzerk is also quite helpful (depends on what kinda weapons you have though). And if you've been clinging on to your vault hunters relic it might be time to give it up. But in the end the problem is that the game just starts scaling like crazy around your level.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@MaxOpower:

LIke mentioned by @Ares42: gear goes a bit bananas in TVH, the level range is smaller then first playthrough but number differences are bigger, so a few levels of difference between grear can matter a lot.

For gear advice if you are lacking other options here are some tips:

• farm Goliaphs, leveling one up to GOD status makes them drop guaranteed purples and some blue/green loot
    • do not, do not neglect vending machines, chancing upon some good blues is not that rare, you can even get decent purples and if lucky enough an orange from them
    • on playthrough 2 some of your travel locations will unlock early, you can travel to them ahead of time to check out the higher level vending machines
    • spend all excess cash on Moxxi, untill she gives you the new versions of her SMG's, this is a guaranteed way to get an easy purple SMG with very good stats for it's level
    • final resort: slots slots and more slots

Gunzerker advice: decide if you want to go heavy on shields or heavy on health. I recommend health, because gunzerker has a lot of brawn skills that affect health. Using some Anshin shields you can boost your health higher, combine with a health relic, plus a class mod that give extra weapon damage and brawn skill increaes. This can make your health into the primary buffer and regen mechanic instead of shield. A gunzerkering gunzerker with a health focus and the above can regen super fast. Spending most of the fights with no shields becomes common and may even feel secure.

Get a good rocket launcher or a hyperion gun for easier second wind.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By MaxOpower

@Tennmuerti:

@Ares42:

Wow thanks, was kind of desperate, this helped me.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By ki11tank

you can either slots, farm or tip to better gear

or join a grp and level some more where you can sit back a bit and still do dmg without taking all the pain...

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OldManLight

same issue here, i was about a level 37 when i finished first playthrough. A respec may be in order and also, a tip, the tediore weapons work well with the gunzerker class so if you're having trouble maybe try rolling with a couple of those in slots you can use when gunzerking will help with crowd control. Also, try to get a decent weapon that does corrosive dmg. Even if it's lower dmg than another, it will work wonders when facing hordes of loaders.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By HH

I had the same trouble at that level but a combination of respeccing for corrosion d.o.t.'s , getting hold of Tiny Tina's corrosion weapon, and just focusing on robots for a while got me through it. so my advice if any is still needed is pick an enemy type and suit up to grind em until those better weapons drop.

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Enigmatical

I'm kinda hitting this brick wall myself. Spent 5 consecutive deaths trying to kill that bastard rocket launcher dude in Bloodshot Stronghold. I imagine things would be better (if not more entertaining) with a group. I'll be trying to beat Playthrough 2 all weekend, if you or anybody else is looking for some company. I've got a Level 42 Commando with beastly turrets (that's plural).

If you remember, Playthrough 2 in the first Borderlands was a lot like this - really tough at the beginning, but then you'd find such godly gear and sway it back in your favor. Just gotta get over that hump.

Xbox Gamertag: Functioning

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By djou

Looks like the problems I'm having are common. I'm playing TVHM as a Siren level 37 and there's at least a few enemies every level that hand me my lunch. Anytime I encounter a Super Badass Psycho (and there are a lot) their heads come encased in four inches of concrete. Even at close range and phaselocked, these and a few others (Mad Mike in the Bloodshot Stronghold) have way too much health and won't go down with headshots. I have a level 35 sniper and put forty corrosive rounds in MM's head without killing him.

The thing that is most dismaying is that I'm not finding good loot from taking these enemies down. I've opened every loot chest I can find and its all relics, shields, and grenades. Since the new class launched I get way too many mecromancer relics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.