Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

No Dismemberment in Borderlands 2

• 58 results
    gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By gutterkisser

I've finally seen a few instances of it- a couple of limbs blown off, no heads popping though. And it's really infrequent... I wonder if the weapon damage threshold for triggering it is just too high for level-scaled enemies or something.

I did see a few sites mention Gearbox made some concessions to the violence to make sure it cleared the aforementioned countries. Not sure how true that is.

@emem: Wasn't sure if maybe Germany had lightened up on it some. We're finally getting the R18+ rating for games after years of ridiculous debate from uninformed detractors. Not sure when it actually takes effect though.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By emem
    @The_Laughing_Man: Yep, just played a bit with low PhysX settings and even though enemies leave behind limbs sometimes it looks toned down compared to the violence in the first game. Why do you think they toned it down, do you think it's purely a design decision that's supposed to make the game better?

@Gutterkisser: I wonder if that rating change will do anything for you guys when it comes to Steam games. I'm definitely rooting for you. :)
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By hero_swe

As one who's playing Borderlands 1 to finish it before I play BL2. I have to say that the gore is quite small, not that much blood, Sure there's the satisfying limb dismemberment and head popping. But I wouldn't say it's much, from what I've seen too. I don't like the tonal change where enemies are spouting silly things when they die. Couple that with supposedly less dismemberment and head popping. Not sure I like the sound of that. It's a satisfying thing when you have a powerful gun, or hey. Just a nice gun and you run up to some guy to blow a full limb off or his head. If that's gone then I'm gonna miss that.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By The_Nubster

@HellBrendy said:

I do miss the death animations in the first game, especially those of electrical and acid deaths. Then again, throwing a grenade at a cluster of enemies only to see them turn into a red cloud... It's not really wrong that either.

I'm okay that they toned down acid and electricity deaths. In the first game, the screams and convulsions were so horrific I felt bad using those weapons.

Hokucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Hokucho

I don't mind it. It lets me know I shot 'em good!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Tennmuerti

Gibs baby:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-60339640361ae
    deactivated-60339640361ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@pandorasbox said:

Who cares? It doesn't add anything to the gameplay, it's just a visual effect. It's not something most people will even notice.

A lot of dudes are seriously pissed at the Gearbox forums. "MAH IMMERSION! A BLOO BLOO!"

iTWAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By iTWAN

Does dismembering robots count?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.