Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

How pre-sequel will effect borderlands 3

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By BoFooQ

Poll How pre-sequel will effect borderlands 3 (55 votes)

Pre-sequel is good, gearbox decides to take time to port it to new gen consoles, borderlands 3 years away. 31%
    Pre-sequel is good, gearbox sees what makes them money and decides to start working on borderland s 3 right away. 22%
    Pre-sequel is bad, gearbox decides there is no rush to work on borderlands 3. 20%
    Pre-sequel is bad, due to large community support and demand they start working on new gen borderlands 3. 27%
     • 
    BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

I guess there is a difference between what I think will happen and will actually happen. In the end I would like to hear that borderlands 3 for new gen consoles is being worked on right now, instead of dlc for pre-sequel. I can see why this game came out, it was easy for gearbox to let the Australians make it and lets them make other stuff for a while. I want to play more borderlands but I will be skipping this, atleast for now.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhm, I would be pretty surprised if they weren't already working on BL3 ... those 2 games have been their biggest successes from what I know and there is still plenty room for another one (especially on the new consoles) ... so, I doubt there is any scenario in which there won't do another one.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2headedninja: I'm sure there will be a borderlands 3 it's just a matter of when. sooner or later.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AthleticShark

I just hope this is the last borderlands for a while. I couldn't even finish the Dlc for 2. My friends and I got so bored. I'm bored now even thinking about it.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Aren't they working on Battleborn right now?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put my money down on Gearbox already working on Borderlands 3, but it's a full redesign with a new engine etc, so they let 2k Australia cash-in for them since it's gonna be a while.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to imagine that Borderlands 3 is in development already at some level. It feels bad to say considering that I enjoy the game quite a lot but It doesn't feel like this game matters much at all. It feels like a game that's getting precisely the reaction that everyone involved would have expected it to get.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I likely would have bought the new one if it was on PS4/XONE. I just am uninterested in playing old consoles.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bargainben

Its decent. The claptrap class is pretty fun and random, especially cus one of his random specials will kill you if you're not near a bad guy when the bomb fuse runs out. Only problem with the game is why would anyone be any other class. Like, you know the game is on the moon and has an oxygen mechanic, der play the robot and forgo the breathing mechanic entirely. Or just moan that "this game isn't identical to the last game" if you like. Anyway.

And I like the unabashed Australian-ness flare to it, I find it weirdly charming but the game frontloads with a lot of handsome Jack stuff and I guess that can put some people off. I know the people who just cosign Jeff's opinion without exploring on their own already dismissed the game but its scratching an itch for me, especially after the disappointments of Destiny.

I doubt anything attempted here will make it into BL3 (other than maybe this crew making a cameo) but it'd be nice if they brought in the new vehicle, it just makes for a smoother ride. It would also be nice if they thought more outside the box with the class types like this game does. People looking for "what's the equivalent to ____ class from the last game" here were disappointed cus now they gotta try some new stuff (oh no!) and I hope BL3 takes a page from that book and mixes the classes up too.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They already know that Borderlands will make them money, even if this one doesn't, they would just say it's because the fans know it's not made by Gearbox, and that they're waiting for the real Borderlands successor. I'm sure Borderlands 3 is at least in pre-production at this point, can't imagine Battleborn is something they're throwing the entire dev team on.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Legion_

You're missing a an option:

• Pre-Sequel is more Borderlands, not really good or bad, and it has no effect on Gearbox

Edit: The next entry in the Borderlands series will be Borderworlds, and I'm guessing that's at least three years off. Gearbox are working on two new properties at the moment.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

@bargainben said:

Only problem with the game is why would anyone be any other class. Like, you know the game is on the moon and has an oxygen mechanic, der play the robot and forgo the breathing mechanic entirely.

I started as Wilhelm and am finding that oxygen is so abundant I can practically ignore the entire mechanic anyway. Between oxygen generators, buildings, vents, and enemies that drop oxygen, combined with how slowly you lose health when out of oxygen, it's a non-issue. Not to mention that Wilhelm's self-heal can completely negate the health loss from oxygen depravation, it allows unlimited exploration. The Claptrap class still uses his oxygen for boosting and slamming the same as the other classes, and really that is where most oxygen is used up the fastest and is most important, so I consider all the classes equal in this regard.

Which brings me to my main gripe with the game, and that is the entire oxygen thing seems completely superfluous due to the ease with which you can keep your oxygen topped off.

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By AlphaZro

I had heard the oxygen mechanic was implemented solely so they could govern the butt stomp ability, people won't abuse it if it's tied to oxygen. I'm of the opinion that this will do well because number one not everyone has jump on the new console bandwagon so they wants some new hotness besides P4AU and number two destiny does not scratch that itch properly from all the talk on the bombcast and well borderlands is the FPS RPG Loot Game done well.

I gotta copy in the mail from gamefly on the way so I'm all about it

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the oxygen does absolutely nothing to limit how long you can run around or where. It's just a meter that they should have just called 'thrusters' or something and had been done with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.