Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

No one's talking about this game!

• 117 results
    ELpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Kinda confused as to the negative attitude towards this game. Destiny is pretty lame (don't yell please, you might hurt my feelings), and Borderlands 2 was fun (despite all the useless meme crap), so why not get exited for this? Loot, solid controls, more Mr. T.

I mean yea, Tiny Tina will show up and that'll make me go down the highway as apposed to across the street, but still.

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I wanna throw my hat in on the "Being Excited" verdict. I went on ahead and pre-ordered the game on PC along with the Season Pass while it was on sale. I've been itching to play more Borderlands 2 ever since all the excitement around Destiny, but I've been fighting that urge, knowing there is going to be all-new content in less than a week!

I totally get everybody's criticisms, though. I wouldn't buy this on a last-gen system, Handsome Jack (and Tiny Tina) were both received either hot or cold, and yes, there is going to be a ton of DLC... but I'm okay with all of that. Having spent hundreds of hours in the original Borderlands, having the sequel have -some- character and -some- plotline (whether good or bad) was an improvement.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looking forward to the game, but the recent release of the skill tree calc was sorta disappointing. It almost seems like they are made by people who didn't really play the first two games and doesn't understand what makes for good and bad skills. A lot of it also comes off as being very gimmicky without any real purpose. Probably still gonna enjoy my time with the game, but I'm not really intrigued by most of the characters which means I'll probably only end up playing through it once.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@enigmatical: True enough, I did think it was pretty funny to watch them make such a point of your player character actually talking in the game this time in the trailer.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I'm slowly warming to the idea of buying this more and more. No doubt that Destiny being such a let down in terms of story is a part of that. This'll be a game in a similar mold but more fun to play.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

This game was a maybe for me before destiny came out. Now that Destiny is out, i enjoy it for what it is, but it's not similar enough to Borderlands to replace it. There's a 20% off deal on GMG right now for the steam version. I went ahead and bought that. The PC version of BL2 looked great and was fun, i'll just get that here and keep my fingers crossed for a potential Borderlands Trilogy pack on PS4/Xbox One. I know the humor of these games can wear on people after a while but i've always enjoyed them and they typically have enough to do where they're a good value.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just waiting for the 8/10ish metacritic score so I can buy it. Come on, previews etc.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Its a rushed unnumbered game in a series with dull combat. I'll stick with Destiny until Advance Warfare comes out. I guess it's a bad year for first person shooters so far.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sure looks like borderlands! I'd rather play it than destiny, but honestly I don't think I'll play either

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was coming to PS4 or XBOne I would be all over it, as those are now the only consoles I have and my actual PC is a Mac Mini.

Was a huge fan of Borderlands, though not as big a fan of 2. Give me Borderlands 2, less the humour and I would be very happy.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cmblasko

I'm only now about to finish Borderlands 2, so maybe I will play this game sometime in 2016. It looks good for being a "side" game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

If it was coming to PS4 or XBOne I would be all over it, as those are now the only consoles I have and my actual PC is a Mac Mini.

Was a huge fan of Borderlands, though not as big a fan of 2. Give me Borderlands 2, less the humour and I would be very happy.

I got the exact same thoughts only replace Mac Mini with a PC laptop that wasn't made for gaming. I like that Borderlands 2 tried to be funny but it relied too much on annoying characters and outdated memes.

Plus I gave away my PS3 to my sister, who wasn't a big Borderlands fan. She also thought the shooting in the Borderland games never felt right. I don't play as many FPS as my sister so I don't know if she is right about that.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Dont worry there are a lot of people who will be buying and playing the game. I know its basically a Nintendo release by using a lot of the same aesthetic with a lot of the same features and UI with one new hook, gravity but its one of the best co op games ever and a title that they support for a long time. Its a proven IP thats still actually new considering the landscape of games these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I bet it eventually comes to the new consoles next year. Unfortunately I lack a gaming PC, gave away my PS3, and haven't had a Xbox 360 for two years so there isn't much I can do but hope it comes to the current generation of consoles. Unlike my sister I do enjoy playing both Borderlands and am kinda bummed I have to wait.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

I really liked Borderlands 1 and 2, completed them both, and I never want to play a Borderlands game again.

KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I want to love Borderlands but I find the combat to be some of the most boring shooting I've ever experienced. Too many enemies taking too many shots. I understand it wants to be an RPG on top of a shooter, but most RPGs let you do more than shoot the gun or...shoot the other gun or...shoot the other gun.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Doesn't look like enough of a change from BL2 for me to care. I played a lot of BL2 with friends and got burnt out on it. I don't see much has changed in this one, so I'll likely skip it or wait for a sale.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#118  Edited By guanophobic

Really not interested in more Borderlands for a while. This doesn't look different enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.