Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands easier on 360 vs. PC?

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By ElBarto

So I own Borderlands on both PC and 360 and I recently played the game through on 360 and the game felt noticeably easier, I'm no PC FPS slouch either . I even turned the aim-assist off and the game felt easier. The AI felt dumber and I even feel like I was dealing with less enemies. I even managed to attain over 10 Orange Quality weapons, I call them legendary weapons (World of Warcraft) opposed to the 1 I got in my playthrough on PC. 
    On PC I played as Roland (Soldier) and on the 360 I played through as Lilith (Siren) though I don't really think it was a class thing to be honest. I barely used the Phasewalking ability compared to the Sentry Gun with the Soldier. 
    The one thing I can say though that was easier on the PC was using the Runner but that's more or less a control thing. I could've changed the sensitivity I supposed.
    I'm not sure if there is in fact any difference in these things between the two versions but my play through on the 360 sure felt like it.  

Has anyone experienced that with this game or any other game?

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ElBarto

So I own Borderlands on both PC and 360 and I recently played the game through on 360 and the game felt noticeably easier, I'm no PC FPS slouch either . I even turned the aim-assist off and the game felt easier. The AI felt dumber and I even feel like I was dealing with less enemies. I even managed to attain over 10 Orange Quality weapons, I call them legendary weapons (World of Warcraft) opposed to the 1 I got in my playthrough on PC. 
    On PC I played as Roland (Soldier) and on the 360 I played through as Lilith (Siren) though I don't really think it was a class thing to be honest. I barely used the Phasewalking ability compared to the Sentry Gun with the Soldier. 
    The one thing I can say though that was easier on the PC was using the Runner but that's more or less a control thing. I could've changed the sensitivity I supposed.
    I'm not sure if there is in fact any difference in these things between the two versions but my play through on the 360 sure felt like it.  

Has anyone experienced that with this game or any other game?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By august

Even if you turn off "aim assist" off on a console game it will still have a certain amount of assist whether it be from bullet curving or sticky reticules.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

I think it has more to do with the fact that you were already well versed in the game after playing through it on PC.
    Plus Lilith with proper weapons is just simply more powerfull then Roland.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Aim assist. That's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.