Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands GOTY and Steam Overlay

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
    Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pathos

Hey guys,

I just recently bought the Borderlands GOTY edition during the Steam Summer Sale and just a couple of days ago the in-game community overlay (ie. chat, achievements) stopped working. I've tried validating the game files, changing the overlay shortcut and have since re-downloaded (12GB!) the game.

Has anyone else faced this issue, and if so how have you fixed it (if you have)?

Thanks heaps in advance.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

Not finding much on Google. Seems like a terribly strange problem. I mean, I bought Witcher 2 and added it as a non-Steam game. Overlay still works more than fine. Does your Steam overlay work for other games fine? Have you tested it with anything non-Valve?

sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By sawfish22

I bought it during the Steam Sale as well and I haven't had any problem.  The only problem is that I keep playing that game!  I bought it at full price on 360, went through 3 playthroughs, bought all the DLC when it came out, and now I have it on PC.  I'm definitely going to go through everything on Borderlands on the PC version...oh boy.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

Does it still work in other games?

Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pathos

It seems as if it only works in Valve games. In non-Valve game (bought from Steam) such as Torchlight and Borderlands it doesn't seem to come up.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Aus_azn

Did you accidentally uncheck it in the game properties window? Make sure the checkboxes in both the Properties window for each game and your Steam settings under In-Game are both checked.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Pathos: I have this exact same problem, GOTY edition. Dunno whats up with it.

Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pathos

I've just reinstalled Windows and redownloaded Borderlands GOTY, I'll give it a go and see if anything changes. It should - hopefully - but I still think that something like this should not be happening in this day and age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.