Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands online problems [PS3]

EchoEchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EchoEchoEcho

So, I got the game. But I wanna play with a friend of mine, who has the game too. The problem is, that everytime he selects "online game" in the main menu of Borderlands, or anything else related to the internet, he gets disconnected from PSN. Has someone experienced something similar? It kinda sucks in my opinion 
    Thanks in advance for all your great replies :D
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

I still haven't gotten my copy yet. But i do know that Gearbox is working on a patch for the broken co-op.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
    deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have only played this game online on the ps3, and have never encountered this problem.

kmistry95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kmistry95
    @EchoEchoEcho: i am also experiencing it but instead of me being logged off the screen flashes black and then it doesnt load the online menu that i havent seen with the 2 copies of the game that i have had(i thought it was a problem with the disc so i got another one but i still dont work) gggggggrrrrrrrr
    Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CarolinaFan3515
    @EchoEchoEcho:
    I've had some minor connection issues, but not to where it logs me off completely.  Try resetting you internet connection on the XMB.  Might not work, but if you hadn't done that, it might be worth a try.  Good luck friend.  The game is fantastic online!!
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By msdss

The only problem I've seen is my friend would lag out when we zoned into an area and he wouldn't be able to shoot or jump and couldn't see me or any enemies. He switched off of wireless and to a cable and it went away.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Swaboo

He posted that problem one week ago and probably does not have that problem anymore since a patch was released a few days after his post to fix that particular problem.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By NinjaHunter

Never encountered this. The only problem I've encountered online is that the voice chat can be a little choppy.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By End_Boss

I've encountered some weird disconnects, but their placement has never been consistent. All I can suggest is that your friend reset his modem/router and see if that solves the problem. Otherwise, you're pooched.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By squirtle_squad

i had this exact problem. i had to disable my routers firewall and now i play fine. before wtih the firewall enabled i couldnt get past the checking for update screen i kept getting booted from psn.
    rebellion_pt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rebellion_pt

can someone help me?

i have a problem, when i'm playing borderlands online whit mi friends we dont know hoew to talk during the game...do we have to press any button?

Hotshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hotshot

Okay Here the thing i brought this game a few months back and it has now started to give me problems. When I am playing online it will suddenly black out which means the tv will turn  black for a second and then come back on.  Later when i want to get in another game it will freeze and not let me. I have to restart the entire game just to play another game. Can someone tell me whats going on here?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.