Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

General Knoxx

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vmehnert

Hey All - 

So I read Jeff's review but I wanted some additional input....if I tend to game by myself and not in parties, would General Knoxx be a good purchase?  Bear in mind that I really enjoyed the Borderlands and I played that mostly without a party.  Thanks in advance.

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Zicdab

It's fun because of the tougher enemies and the great loot you get in it.  Problem is, what are you going to do after you've finished?  Level 61 with some of the best weapons in the game and there's nothing left to do.  I bought it and liked it a lot.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chyro

If you have good gear.  And are high level.  You could probably solo it.  But the game is better with more people.  If you enjoyed Dr. Ned it's just as good(If not better.)

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000

I didn't have any problem playing by myself (almost said "with myself" right there).  True, it's more fun with others, since some of the encounters get batshit crazy, but it in no way ruins the game to go solo and it's still tons of fun and a great value.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By natetodamax

General Knoxx is really good, so yes.

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By macandcheese

General Knoxx is fun , lots of good content but its way better if you can get a couple of friends, also there are some battles that are really hard and its a lot easier if you have 4 people. Overall though pick it up, they added tons of fun stuff plus the new vehicles are awsome.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By CaptainObvious

I played through General Knoxx solo, it was worth the purchase.

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By tmlim
    @vmehnert: I think it's a worthwhile purchase single or co-op.  I finished Knoxx single player and it's great fun.  The only thing I couldn't beat on my own is Crawmerax.
    blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By blacklab
    @zicdab said:
    " It's fun because of the tougher enemies and the great loot you get in it.  Problem is, what are you going to do after you've finished?  Level 61 with some of the best weapons in the game and there's nothing left to do.  I bought it and liked it a lot. "
    That's one of the main issues. That being said, I played through it and enjoyed it. PL2 is a bitch, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.