Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

I don't know if I'm qualified to say this...

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ShaolinSpade

Borderlands is the best game ever made. I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with a purchase. I've definitely never wanted DLC so bad. 

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@ShaolinSpade: Yup. You are totally qualified to say that. However, we'll see how you hold up against the end boss.
    lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer
    @ShaolinSpade said:
    " I've definitely never wanted DLC so bad.  "
    Same here.  That end boss is a beast though.  The longest my Hunter has lasted against it was about 20 seconds.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By frankxiv

i look forward to seeing it win GB's 2009 game of 2010

steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By steelharrison

the funniest ive had with a game in a long time. borderlands is bad ass
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tuggah

The end boss was really easy. The game is definitely fun.

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By avengedxsniper

Definitely one of the best games I bought in 2009. 

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm curious about everyone's experience with it because the first time through it clicked and I loved it.  Then, when my friend and I decided to play it again since that's what loot games are about, I ended up hating the game and hating myself for playing it.  Seriously, I was absolutely miserable and never want to play it again because of it.  I'm not trying to troll, I've just never had such an immediately opposite reaction to a game like that.  Feelings?

griffintyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By griffintyro

I love Borderlands, I've sunk more than 60 hours into it, bought the good DLC and started a third playthrough. Every time I played that game with someone else I HATED it. I tried with friends and the public, but it was the same terrible experience. I think that some people (like me) just don't enjoy it in a multiplayer setting.

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @EvilTwin:  Was there any particular reason for hating it?
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cstrang
    @avengedxsniper: While I don't hate it (nor was I the addressed party, so sorry for kinda budding in...), I think what pissed me off about the game were the first and second DLC packages.  I'm not a fan of grinding, and that's pretty much what the Brains achievements forced me to do (as brains picked up before you picked up the quest did not count), and I hear the second DLC was pretty ridiculous as well.  I think it's pretty easy to guess what people want in a DLC for a game like Borderlands: Increased level cap and more weapons and a fix to weapon stat displays.  I don't think it should have taken two mediocre packages to figure out what people really wanted.
    i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By i69edUrGpa

To be qualified you need to have more than 10 posts...sorry, bro :(

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @cstrang: Yeah I defintely agree with you there. Not a big fan of the DLC. As for the actual game I really don't understand what could make someone hate a game after one play through. Of course this is an opinion and I'm not trying to say that everyone share my opinion on the game. I would suggest waiting for awhile then pick it back up and see if you still hate it. If you do sell it because I dont think they're going to come out with any good DLC 
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By bybeach

i`m going back and forth with it right now. I think whats happened is that I have hit my cieling for appreciation of this game. Now it`s beginning to get old. Mabe i should have done lockdown palace as soon as offered, for the effect it had on travel....In the games defence, they made it hard, and I am almost level 56 now. 

But  I`m still enjoying myself.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cstrang
    @avengedxsniper: Oh, no, I loved the game for what it was before the DLC was released.  Two level 50 characters, countless hours spent on loot runs, and going online and obliterating things with friends.  As soon as I realized that I probably wasn't going to find a better combat rifle, and that the DLCs were pretty much a bust, I put it back on my shelf to sit.
    avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @cstrang: 2 lvl 50's? Nice, what classes are they?
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frankxiv
    @cstrang said:
    " @avengedxsniper: Oh, no, I loved the game for what it was before the DLC was released.  Two level 50 characters, countless hours spent on loot runs, and going online and obliterating things with friends.  As soon as I realized that I probably wasn't going to find a better combat rifle, and that the DLCs were pretty much a bust, I put it back on my shelf to sit. "
    you will find a better combat rifle, especially in this new dlc

i would literally kill a man for some decent fucking smg drops, but no, it's 90% combat rifles and shotguns. thanks crawmerax
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cstrang
    @avengedxsniper: Soldier (Support Modded) and Hunter (Sniper Modded)
    avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @cstrang: Nice
    Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chuggsy
    @onimonkii said:
    " @cstrang said:
    " @avengedxsniper: Oh, no, I loved the game for what it was before the DLC was released.  Two level 50 characters, countless hours spent on loot runs, and going online and obliterating things with friends.  As soon as I realized that I probably wasn't going to find a better combat rifle, and that the DLCs were pretty much a bust, I put it back on my shelf to sit. "
    you will find a better combat rifle, especially in this new dlc  i would literally kill a man for some decent fucking smg drops, but no, it's 90% combat rifles and shotguns. thanks crawmerax "
    I've only found one SMG worth using, it's 

184x2
    81.5 accuracy
    13.5 fire rate
    69 clip 

Definition of a bullet hose. Drains ammo, but it destroys.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sopranosfan

It was a really good game with almost everything a gamer could want.  The only problem I have with the game is it kind of had a weak story.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frankxiv
    @Chuggsy said:

" @onimonkii said:

" @cstrang said:
    you will find a better combat rifle, especially in this new dlc  i would literally kill a man for some decent fucking smg drops, but no, it's 90% combat rifles and shotguns. thanks crawmerax "
    I've only found one SMG worth using, it's   184x2 81.5 accuracy 13.5 fire rate 69 clip   Definition of a bullet hose. Drains ammo, but it destroys. "
    yeah i have some that are up there, but like, it's harder to find smg upgrades because none seem to drop. it's not like a competition thing either, i'm the only siren in a group of hunters and soldiers.

like we killed crawmerax about 7 times yesterday, and the best i got was a shield upgrade. there were about 2-3 smgs per kill, usually blues and trash purple ones. meanwhile it takes like half an hour to pick up all the extra purple/orange combat rifles, shotguns, revolvers, and snipers.
    eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eskimo

This game ended up boring the shit out of me.

It doesnt reward you for the time you put into it. It's just one big grind with no real point to it. fun to paly with friends, but once you hit the level cap the game is over and it feels like a big waste of time. I thought grinding was something gamers had decided was bad, yet this game is nothing but grind with no reward at the end.

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @eskimo said:
    " This game ended up boring the shit out of me.  It doesnt reward you for the time you put into it. It's just one big grind with no real point to it. fun to paly with friends, but once you hit the level cap the game is over and it feels like a big waste of time. I thought grinding was something gamers had decided was bad, yet this game is nothing but grind with no reward at the end. "
    True. I do wish they would have made it worth playing over again. I can see where people wouldn't really like the game. 
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Whisperkill

Meeeeeeeh, It's alright
     Meeeeeeeh, It's alright
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emkeighcameron

It's all about farming the armory.  Over, and over again.

If you know how to, that is. Once I figured it out, I did it eight times in one day. It's so fucking beautiful, every time I go in there it almost makes me cry.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By lead_farmer
    @cstrang: try brick for some first-person punching.  it's stupid fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.