Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

I Love Borderlands

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

It's interesting isn't it. Well it's not really, but allow me to explain. Borderlands was a game I knew nothing about, just knew it had RPG elements, knew people quite liked it, and knew I loved the boxart/art-style. I was amazed when I saw the numbers it did on release for XBOX 360. Come to think of it that still blows my mind.

But anyway, as a Playstation 3 owner, Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank hit that month. I.e. I skipped Borderlands.

I bought it for £20 the other week ahead of Christmas, to play over the break. Sadly, I'm done with the game and its DLC already. I just love it, and raced to the platinum in days. It's not a perfect game but it just gets its hooks into you, doesn't it? It has that Colombo, "Oh just one more thing" going on and makes you keep playing. And playing. And playing.

Brilliant game. I'm just sad the Playstation Store isn't getting updated until next week, otherwise I'd totally be playing Mad Moxxi rather than writing a post about how much I like the game.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I too love the shit out of some Borderlands. Great game, but the final boss was pretty disappointing. What's your total play time?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Oh yeah, one of my favourite games of this year without a doubt. Such a shame its story and overall presentation is lacking pretty severly imo. The gameplay though is top notch fortunatly, well...besides the driving...yuk
    Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chyro

It's my personal GOTY.  Even with the bland quests and the poor ending.  I had a ton of fun with it.  I am also stuck waiting for Mad Moxxi...

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

The shooting in borderlands is just so satisfying. I had those f-in´ skags though

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emkeighcameron

I can't get my version on the PC to connect to online games worth a shit.

Other than that, it's great. I've got a lvl 50 hunter and lvl 50 soldier so far.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Oh man, if the driving wasn't terrible on the PC (seriously, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to steer with the mouse?), it would be a contender for my game of the forever.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chyro
    @emkeighcameron said:

" I can't get my version on the PC to connect to online games worth a shit.  Other than that, it's great. I've got a lvl 50 hunter and lvl 50 soldier so far. "

Once I opened my ports my friend has connected every time without fail.  Seriously it works.

Which ports to open
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate

Just be wary with mad moxxi sammy - i picked up the 360 dlc pack for it to play through with my mrs, and moxxi is a different beast than the other dlc 

Read as 

We spent 45 minutes doing the same damn 2 waves over and over and over - because when you fail it takes you back to the one previous, and some of the waves it didnt randomize the rules that were being called out, meaning that for 5 waves we pretty much were losing health until we killed someone, they were regenerating health, and only headshots with pistols did any real damage 

It was hell 

On top of that we ended up packing it in after 2 hours of trying to do the very first mission of moxxi, when we reloaded we discovered we'd have to redo everything wed already done, as we hadnt 'finished' the quest - this has thus far stopped me from putting it in for a while - i absolutely loved borderlands and the first DLC pack, Moxxi kicked my ass and made me cry :(

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @Chyro said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:

" I can't get my version on the PC to connect to online games worth a shit.  Other than that, it's great. I've got a lvl 50 hunter and lvl 50 soldier so far. "

Once I opened my ports my friend has connected every time without fail.  Seriously it works.

Which ports to open "
    Thanks for the effort, but I've tried this several times to no avail. I'm an old hand at port-forwarding, so I don't think I'm messing it up. Something else is wrong and I can't figure out what it is  :(

Friends can connect to me fine, too, problem is I only know 2 people that play. The issue is that I can't join any PUBLIC games. Maybe because the people hosting them are idiots and aren't forwarding their ports first?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

Brilliant indeed, everything in it is so engaging!

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chyro
    @emkeighcameron: Yes.  I'm pretty sure you're right.  I didn't have my ports opened but I could join my friends games who has opened ports.  But he could not connect to me until I opened mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.